RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

ESC for ES 600 build advice needed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

ESC for ES 600 build advice needed Empty
PostSubject: ESC for ES 600 build advice needed   ESC for ES 600 build advice needed I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 11:06 am

OK guys, my Dx6i should arrive by FedEx today. excited The type of flying that I do, or am trying to learn is just pattern flight, with as much precision as possable. Easy liftoffs and easy pinpoint landings. Point A to point B flying. No aerobatic, 3D, or inverted flight at all. My next purchace for my ES 600 build will be my ESC. I'm looking at two different ones at Heli Direct. They are:

Hobby Wing 80A-OPTO $88.00 and the program card HW-PC $12.00.

or

Hobby Wing 80A-HV (version 4.1) $115.00. I believe this uses the same program card.

I don't mind spending the extra money if it will be worth the difference. I am especialy intrested in a nice soft start.

Which ESC should I go with? thinking

Also, neither of them have a built in BEC. What BEC should I use for either of them?

Keep in mind I'm still new to all of this stuff, and I'm really a dunce about the electronics, so please use dummy language. dunce

Thanks for your help guys. salute

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ESC   ESC for ES 600 build advice needed I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 12:28 pm

Hey Don, I'm using the Hobby wing Platnium 80A 98. bucks, it has a bec built in. I also have mine set up using a flight pack if I want to. I don't know of a good reason to use a separate bec. Seems to me its an extra thing on the heli. The one I have up for sale right now does have the 80A OPTO and Hobby-wing UBEC 5Amax7.5. So that is the one if you go that way.
I'm sure you will get some reasons to use the UBEC but I'd rather just have it built in.
I'm just stumbling thru myself.
I found some flight "lessons" the other night that I'm gonna use. It shows how to practice some basic patterns toward forward flight.
Its like a 10 day plan, it looks to me like the exact thing I've been missing.

I got hovering down pat with the HBK2 but I've been having some trouble transitioning to FF (turns really) and this looks like the thing.You can check it out at rchelicopterfun.com.
I'm gonna start using my ESmart along with my HBK2 I'm really reved up about this!!!
I was kinda in a slump but this has renewed my drive!!!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: ESC for ES 600 build advice needed   ESC for ES 600 build advice needed I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 5:45 pm

What is a flight pack?

Also how does your ES 600 fly compared to your 450 size heli's?

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: don't know   ESC for ES 600 build advice needed I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 9:31 pm

Well I haven't flown the esmart yet.. And I've only hovered a 450. I still really suck at flying... (so far)I've only been trying since end of Jan. Right now I only fly/hoover the HBK2
I haven't wanted to crash anything else!!!LOL I stole some parts off the Esmart to build the other Esmart thats on Ebay so as soon as I get my order from Helidrect I will start flying/hoovering both HBK2 and Esmart. I've stuck with the HBK2 cause I've heard that once you can fly that you can pretty much fly anything.
The flight pack powers only the ele. stuff on the bird, servos,Gyro ect. and leaves the main batt. for the motor. on my Esmart I ordered an extre recever tray and hung it under the main batt. try and made it so I can move it forward or back to balance the heli. The one I'm using came with the DX7 and is Ni/cad.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: ESC for ES 600 build advice needed   ESC for ES 600 build advice needed I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 1:37 am

Donnie D wrote:

Also how does your ES 600 fly compared to your 450 size heli's?

Donnie D smiley-happy088

The Belt CP flies ok but compared to other 450's it's lacking alot, but as far as a 450 compared to the E-Smart, its night and day, the E-Smart is SOOOOOOOOOOO much more stable. You guys will actually learn faster by flying the E-Smart rather then the small helis. The stability will give you alot more confidence in youself and you can fly in alot more wind. I used to fly my E-Smart in crazy amount of wind. Its a beast!! bouncy
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: I can't wait..   ESC for ES 600 build advice needed I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:01 am

Yup I know about it's gonna be night and day.. I've tryed to stick with thew HBK2 cause it IS harded so that when I do go bigger it will be that much sweeter... BUT I'm READY to fly that big boy now!!! I'm not gonna stop the bee though.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: ESC for ES 600 build advice needed   ESC for ES 600 build advice needed I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:09 am

Come on Fatdaddy. Just grab that 600 and go fly it. If you crash, you know you can fix it. You built it. Man if I had my ES 600 built I'd be out there right now flying under the street lights. Go for it. You'll be glad you did. And let us know how you did. Can't wait to hear. Go for it. gen150 smiley-happy088 You can do it.

Donnie D smiley-happy088 smiley-happy088 smiley-happy088 smiley-happy057
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: I plan on it!!   ESC for ES 600 build advice needed I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:19 am

As soon as I get the replacements, All I need is the gyro and ESC!! Now the batts. are on the way.. I'm still gonna make up the wire to use two 3S in series. But then it IS going up.. I even got a spare main gear. Some one at helifreak found some place in the UK that has them too. They are asking lots for them but I REALLY can't wait to fly it , Since I've been smokin the HBK2 I've had the itch BAD to go up with the smartie!!!
And I can't wait to fly that SOB itto the WIND!!!lol

I'm almost ready to steal the parts back from the for sale one!!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: ESC for ES 600 build advice needed   ESC for ES 600 build advice needed I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:25 am

Well let me know as soon as you get one of them in the air. I'm really looking forward to hearing about how you like it. I've still got a ways to go on mine. Still need ESC, BEC, Gyro, battery and a new charger that will charge 5 and 6 cell batts. But I'll have her up before long. excited

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ESC   ESC for ES 600 build advice needed I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 2:42 am

Look at the Hobbywing Platinum's I'm using them and they have switching bec's in them. 80A 98$ I think 60 even would be ok but I like to over kill most of the time..
Like the CF Xtreme HBK2 I'm building, I'm using a 40A platinum w/bec I think that was 58 or something and you know what ?? They LOOK really cool..lol
Back to top Go down
jerrydgaines

jerrydgaines

PostSubject: Esc   ESC for ES 600 build advice needed I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:27 am

HeliDirect sells a full kit of the ES-600. In that kit they supply a Hobby-Wing 60Amp ESC with bec. If you are not doing hard core 3D, I guess they think it is strong enough!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ??   ESC for ES 600 build advice needed I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 1:28 am

I guess, I'd much rather go up for electric stuff. Like I snoozed ordering my replacement ESC and thrie out of the 80's now so I will order a 100. Its only 10 bucks more so it ok. I think it really depends on what motor your gonna use and how hard you can fly. And how much HARD core 3D can the ES really do??? Not that much as I undeerstand it stock.. But I'll bet that you could get that 60 pretty hot.

Has everyone been checkin their calender???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ESC for ES 600 build advice needed   ESC for ES 600 build advice needed I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ESC for ES 600 build advice needed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: