RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

where did my fleet go?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
chiefqm

chiefqm

where did my fleet go? Empty
PostSubject: where did my fleet go?   where did my fleet go? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 9:50 am

Hey Nuttcaze, I downloaded the HB from the web site onto my fms. Works good, problem is when I went to load one of the original fms models I couldn't find them. Any clue as to where the hanger is where they go and hide? whatt Sometimes I think it's easier to fly a helo than figure out this computer! Oh well,---- navy1
What "A" school is your bro going to? My brother (also retired Navy) set up alot of the facilities up at Great Lakes when they closed NTC San Diego. Hopefully sometime while your brother is on Enterprise they will have a tiger cruise and he will invite you to go! The tiger cruises usually last about a week and are real cool biggrin
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: where did my fleet go?   where did my fleet go? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 3:02 pm

oh, somehow missed this post orange80

not sure where the orignal models went, you didn't delete anything in the Program folder for FMS right. Also when you install the new models, sometimes they get put in the wrong folder and you have to navigate back to the original folder to choose them.

But I felt the original models were really bad anyways so in my opinion I wouldn't worry about it.

My brother went to "A" school in South Carolina. don't remember the actual place off hand though Wink
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

PostSubject: Re: where did my fleet go?   where did my fleet go? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 4:59 pm

I was wondering what rate he was striking for?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: where did my fleet go?   where did my fleet go? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 7:56 pm

pay rate?

He graduates May 8th, I'm going down with one of my older sisters to pick him up then we're gonna take a short detour down part of the Blueridge parkway (provided my car is still running good Wink ) its gonna be great because the 3 of us have never actually spent any amount of time together so we'll have a decent little road trip to bond, I can't wait. excited
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

PostSubject: Re: where did my fleet go?   where did my fleet go? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:13 pm

In the Navy jobs are called rates, for example a quartermaster works on the bridge of the ship doing navagation stuff, a gunnersmate works the guns and takes care of them, there are somewhere around 80 different rates in the navy. "A" school is where you go to get the training in a specific rate, when you graduate from "A" school you become a designated striker. Pay grades for enlisted start at E-1 and go to E-9. Usually when you get ouy of boot camp you are an E-2, seaman apprentice although your brother may be going airdale (aviation) in which case he would be an airman apprentice. E-3 would be seaman (or airman, or engineman which is the other major field) Next come the petty officer pay grades. Kind of like sargents but better. If you want to know more let me know. navy1 This little smiley has on a chief petty officer hat. I retired as a CPO.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: where did my fleet go?   where did my fleet go? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

where did my fleet go?
Page 1 of 1