RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

stooopid nooobie woes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ron9711

Ron9711

stooopid  nooobie  woes Empty
PostSubject: stooopid nooobie woes   stooopid  nooobie  woes I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:48 pm

Well, just figured out how to press in the new bearing in the new gears for my belt CP V2,,,,and fired it up !!! The flight lasted two seconds and i set er back down LOL!!!! Thus bursting my heli-cherry..... orange6 At times it wanted to spin, and others it didnt- little confused there...And wheni was winding it down, there is a point where it vibrates badly for just a moment, is that normal???? orange51
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: stooopid nooobie woes   stooopid  nooobie  woes I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 8:53 pm

theres no way you put the bearing in backwards right?
Back to top Go down
Ron9711

Ron9711

PostSubject: Re: stooopid nooobie woes   stooopid  nooobie  woes I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 9:39 pm

LOL<<<< No, but it took me fifteen minutes to make sure it was all goin the right way!!! This trial by fire technique ive employed has given me much insight to the workingsof these helis orange1

Im thinnking only one or two more rebuilds before I actually fly the thing off the ground flyaway

Ihope, anyhow..... Got a 4 channel coming so that should be a bit easier ~~I have an older brother whos been into rc for decades, flys huge multi engine stuff~He got quite a luagh when I told him I got a 6 ch heli and was going to "learn" to fly the bugger.... orange51

Ido have an actual tip, on replacing tha one way bearing, since ive already done it twice,, Start it level setting on the sleeve then take a pice of hardwood lay it on the bearing and tap the wood with a hammer- they will slide on into the sleeve to the end with enough "coaxing".....LOL...
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: stooopid nooobie woes   stooopid  nooobie  woes I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:26 pm

Yep,

"When in doubt, Hammer it out!"

Good choice on getting a 4ch. Your brother should have told you starting on a 6ch heli would be very hard, lol orange2
Back to top Go down
Ron9711

Ron9711

PostSubject: Re: stooopid nooobie woes   stooopid  nooobie  woes I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:33 am

well,, that would have been smart of me to ask, but the thought never crossed my mind! orange72 I do enjoy this sight very cool info on here~~ Ive "lurnt" much already!! orange74 thanks for you efforrts!!!

ps irst flight today lasted all of thirty seconds and i choked...yup,, another new gear and a rotor blad or two. orange4 BUT, I am getting familia with the workings of these guys......
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: stooopid nooobie woes   stooopid  nooobie  woes I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:28 pm

Because the Main gear on the Belt CP is prob the weakest part on the heli, look into getting an upgraded main gear for it. Here are some examples

Try to find one of these

http://www.helidirect.com/microheli-precision-cnc-main-gear-autorotation-hub-belt-p-7975.hdx

stooopid  nooobie  woes MH-BC4102_l

or something like these

http://www.helidirect.com/new-design-stronger-main-gears-hub-2pcs-black-belt-p-9862.hdx
http://www.helidirect.com/new-design-lower-main-gear-2pcs-black-belt-p-9863.hdx
Back to top Go down
Ron9711

Ron9711

PostSubject: Re: stooopid nooobie woes   stooopid  nooobie  woes I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 10:49 pm

Thanks!! I shall get a couple of those.. orange6

and, is it okeedokee to put on 325 align blades in place of the 315 esky's orange44
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: stooopid nooobie woes   stooopid  nooobie  woes I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:40 pm

I just changed my Belt CP main gear to the Blade 400 main gear, also available at Heli Direct. It is supposed to be a better and stronger gear than the Esky stock one. I know it is quieter and seems to run smoother. Get the one with the bearing allready in. It is a drop in fit. I really like it so far.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: stooopid nooobie woes   stooopid  nooobie  woes I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 10:02 am

Dont forget king 2 main gear. I use it! It is MUCH stronger than the original main gear and needs only slight modification orange68
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: my thoughts on the matter   stooopid  nooobie  woes I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 10:18 am

Hey guys, Just a thought on the matter of weak points, if we take our weskest part and make it stronger than some other part becomes the weak one, right? Well as we continue to do this the price of the weakest part increases!! Right? So , food for thought,
leave the weakest, and cheap part along. when we crash, something has to break, for the most part. So my thought is to let the cheap part break. I rather replace a plastic main gear than some CNC metal parts in the rotor head!?!? Anyway just my nickel.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: stooopid nooobie woes   stooopid  nooobie  woes I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 10:50 am

I agree with you for the most part on that, Fatdaddy. I'd rather break a cheap part than to upgrade the cheap part and end up breaking an expensive part. And I believe that most mods only lead to more mods. The only reason I changed to the B400 gear is at the time I couldn't find an Esky one with the bearing allready in. Now that I've changed, I really do like the B400 gear better. Noticably quieter and smoother running. About the only other mods I've done to anything is Super Skids on my HBFP and Belt CP and the springs on my ES600 skids.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Mods.   stooopid  nooobie  woes I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:03 am

Dude I'm sooooo guilty of the mods/upgrading!!! I just can't help myself!!! But I try to leave something weak...
I use the black main that I get from Helidirect and it works good.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: stooopid nooobie woes   stooopid  nooobie  woes I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:07 pm

I had a very interesting experience with this very subject recently. On one of my EXI 450 Squadron's, I have a complete CNC Head, Align main Gear (which is insanely strong), A stainless steel main shaft, Feathering shaft and flybar. Its a strong heli.

Well, I had crashed it while practicing inverted hovers, and after it hit the ground, for about 3 secs or so I forgot to hit throttle hold and my heli continued to spin at full speed. I expected to find lots of bent aluminum and a trashed main gear, nope, I didn't find any of that, instead, the bolt that holds the head on snapped, thats what the next weakest link for me is. orange72

I can't believe the Align gear was that strong, it didn't strip at all.
Of course the main shaft and feathering shaft were also toast but they didn't bend nearly as bad as if they were stock. The flybar would not let me bend it back enough to take it off so I had to cut it off lolol . If the crash had not been so bad the main shaft and feathering shaft would have survived which is more then I can say for stock EXI main shafts and feathering shafts orange2
Back to top Go down
Ron9711

Ron9711

PostSubject: Re: stooopid nooobie woes   stooopid  nooobie  woes I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:01 pm

well, I got off the ground a few times with that dynam 4 channel I got~~~~at least Ive been in the air now.... orange72
A guy I talked too recently said flying helis was like trying to control a marble on a bowling ball..... orange51 Bout snotted myself luaghing, but,,,,,, it is indeed an accurate analogy...... flyaway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: stooopid nooobie woes   stooopid  nooobie  woes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

stooopid nooobie woes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: