RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Walkera 5G6-1

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kodak_jack

kodak_jack

Walkera 5G6-1 Empty
PostSubject: Walkera 5G6-1   Walkera 5G6-1 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 11:25 am

I bought one of these to have something to fly indoors. Some people get bored with coax's, but when you can't fly anything else in the Winter, it's worth having. I was leery of buying a Walkera because they used to have a lousy reputation. This one is 2.4Ghz and has proven to be a good heli. Its weak points are the landing gear, the motors and the connectors on the 4-in-1 and battery. I bought MIA landing gear and that made a difference. I also bought Zippy batteries and micro Dean's connectors. Those were also a big improvement and I ordered them before I even got the heli. The mcx landing gear has also been used successfully. Until they offer a brushless heli or retrofit package, the motors are still a weak point. If the 5G6-1 is treated like the 4#3b (FP), the retrofit package is at least 1/2 the price of a new heli that already comes with the brushless set up. Some owners use TriFlow or even WD40 to extend motor life on the brushed motors.
My son bought a Walkera Lama 2 that he has had a LOT of problems with. He's giving up and sending that one to me to look at. It may just be added to my fleet as it has left a bad taste in his mouth and he doesn't care if he ever sees it again. 🇳🇴
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Walkera 5G6-1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walkera 5G6-1   Walkera 5G6-1 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 1:13 pm

you're gonna get a collection just by getting helis your son doesn't like, lol

I really hope he gets/finds something he likes, it would suck if he dropped out of the hobby because he hasn't had any luck with any helis/planes.
Back to top Go down
kodak_jack

kodak_jack

Walkera 5G6-1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walkera 5G6-1   Walkera 5G6-1 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 2:01 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:
you're gonna get a collection just by getting helis your son doesn't like, lol

I really hope he gets/finds something he likes, it would suck if he dropped out of the hobby because he hasn't had any luck with any helis/planes.
His latest brain storm is to buy an Eflite Blade CP PRO. He can buy it at his LHS, get parts from them and have a source of help when he needs it (they don't want to work on something they don't sell even at their $30 per fix rate). He also wants to get some help from a local club. One weekend a month the experienced guys work with newbies.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Walkera 5G6-1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walkera 5G6-1   Walkera 5G6-1 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 3:08 pm

I was starting to think he's gonna end up buying a really expensive heli and have good luck with that, and having a local club will really help out. Some have great luck with the cheaper helis and some don't happyno
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Walkera 5G6-1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Walkera 5G6-1   Walkera 5G6-1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Walkera 5G6-1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 4ch FP and Co-Axial Helicopters-
Jump to: