RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Paint Your Own 450 Canopy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Paint Your Own 450 Canopy Empty
PostSubject: Paint Your Own 450 Canopy   Paint Your Own 450 Canopy I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 1:24 pm

Heres a cheap way of making your own custom canopy

Buy this canopy for the EXI 450 Standard Edition, its made of a bit thicker plastic and will take paint better.

$3.68 - http://www.xheli.com/exi-31134.html

Then get yourself some "Rustoleum - Specialty Plastic" spray paint

Tape up the canopy and spray away. Just make sure to let the paint dry before removing the tape Crazysmile

Paint Your Own 450 Canopy SDC19057Large
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Paint Your Own 450 Canopy   Paint Your Own 450 Canopy I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 9:11 am

Nice orange71 Is it plastic canopy? It would be better to use glass fibre canopy. My friend painted his honey bee canopy but after few crashes the paint cracked orange83
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: Paint Your Own 450 Canopy   Paint Your Own 450 Canopy I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 10:42 am

A lot of canopys are made of chemical resistant plastics so paint will not adhere to them. It's made that way to be easier to recycle. Other plastics are fine. Just test before you spend 5 hours with an airbrush lol
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Paint Your Own 450 Canopy   Paint Your Own 450 Canopy I_icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 2:03 pm

no worrys there you guys, this is a thicker plastic canopy and the paint adheres to the canopy like superglue and will not crack off orange68 orange68 , I did no prep work to the canopy and to get the paint off you'll need to scrape or sand it off, lol orange72 orange72
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paint Your Own 450 Canopy   Paint Your Own 450 Canopy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paint Your Own 450 Canopy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: