RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Carbon fiber blades?

Go down 
+3
P3tras
Prel
Donnie D
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Carbon fiber blades? Empty
PostSubject: Carbon fiber blades?   Carbon fiber blades? I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 7:38 am

Could someone recommend the best blades to use(carbon fiber or whatever?) for regular pattern flying, for both the Belt CP and the ES 600, and where to get them. I haven't flown the 600 yet, and the Belt so far does fine on the stock blades. I would just like something a bit better. The stock ones don't seem to be very durable, and maybe an upgrade would be good.

Also, has anyone tried removing the shrink wrap, and then painting and rebalancing a set of stock blades. Would that work ok do you think?

Thanks
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber blades?   Carbon fiber blades? I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:01 am

after I shattered my woodys and had to sweep the floor to clean up the mess I went for these
http://www.jcshobbies.com/index.html
have only used their smaller blades and am not sure what they would be like on the belt CP but damn they are tough. Balancing was spot on out of the box.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber blades?   Carbon fiber blades? I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:36 am

Prel,
Thanks for that link. They may be what I need. Price ain't bad either. I'll contact them to see which set if any will be suitable for a Belt CP V1.

Anybody got any ideas as for blades for the ES 600?

Fatdaddy, Nuttcaze--Which blades do you guys use?

Thanks,
Donnie D smiley-happy088

Last edited by Donnie D on Wed May 13, 2009 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber blades?   Carbon fiber blades? I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:45 am

I think you should use cf blades if you don't crash every 5 seconds orange6 Those plastic blades are great for beginners because they are strong, but not great for pilots that don't crash every few seconds because flight performance will be worse than wooden or cf blades. So if you don't crash too much try cf blades orange71
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber blades?   Carbon fiber blades? I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:50 am

Performance wise I would compare these to my CF on the smaller heli.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber blades?   Carbon fiber blades? I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 1:45 pm

for my E-Smart I use these blades from Heli-direct

550mm Carbon Fiber Blades - $41.40 - http://www.helidirect.com/symetrical-wooden-main-rotor-blades-550mm-trex-600esmart-p-2570.hdx

Carbon fiber blades? CFblade

and for my EXI 450 I use these blades from Hobbypartz

325mm Carbon Fiber Blades - $19.00 - http://www.hobbypartz.com/325-carbon-rotor-blade--use-for-t-rex450x-xl-.html

Carbon fiber blades? SDC19104Large

Last edited by Nuttcaze on Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pevr

pevr

PostSubject: carbon blades?   Carbon fiber blades? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 10:00 pm

Hi Donnie,

Carbon blades are the best but the are very expensive. I just hit the ground too hard and my carbon blades (heck) hit the groud as well. A very expensive hit. 50 euros. Just to be on the safe side I asked the price of the main rotor blades for my heli. And they coast 90 euros. So I took them off en replaced them for look alike carbon. Main blades 50 euros and heck blades 4 euros. No difference to me but I don't do 3d flying. Just fly for fun. I don't see the need for flying upside down. orange72

Have fun flying,

Peter from Holland
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber blades?   Carbon fiber blades? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 10:13 pm

pevr,
I fly like you, just for fun, and I try to do it right side up.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber blades?   Carbon fiber blades? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 2:52 am

use the radix blades . they are rea;;y good !
Back to top Go down
pevr

pevr

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber blades?   Carbon fiber blades? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 6:39 am

Donnie,

Same thing for me. Just fly for fun (or try to). I don't see the need for 3D flying. It looks so unnatural. Maybe I'am getting old but I don't see the fun in 3D flying. I just love the sound the blades make in a normal flight. And that brings me back to CF blades. Because CF blades are very stiff, they make that special sound (whop whop etc) The other blades don't make that spacial sound.

Peter
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber blades?   Carbon fiber blades? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 11:44 am

flying in high winds with an ES600 (or any large heli) creates some awesome blade noises :prop:
Back to top Go down
pevr

pevr

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber blades?   Carbon fiber blades? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 11:48 am

If I try to fly in windy conditions, I have to wave my heli goodbey :hahaha:

Still in the learning mode. old
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber blades?   Carbon fiber blades? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:14 pm

Pevr said,
Quote :
If I try to fly in windy conditions, I have to wave my heli goodbey

Yeah. I tried to fly the other day in some gusty conditions (generally calm with a few blasts), when I experienced my first 'Translational Lift'. Scared the heck outta me! I'm just getting comfortable with long hovers and keeping it under control. Not quite ready for unexpected jumps in altitude yet!
Back to top Go down
pevr

pevr

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber blades?   Carbon fiber blades? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 2:26 pm

With some luck en shaking hands I can keep my heli in a 20 min hoover. Starting to go left, right, foreward and backwards. Pretty good for an old guy like me don't you think :crylaugh:
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber blades?   Carbon fiber blades? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:41 pm

pevr wrote:
If I try to fly in windy conditions, I have to wave my heli goodbey :hahaha:

:crylaugh: :crylaugh:
Back to top Go down
pevr

pevr

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber blades?   Carbon fiber blades? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:53 pm

Talking about windy, We are having a lot of wind in Holland. Therefore no outside flying for me. I miss the sound of my blades. Thank god for youtube to watch te movies.

Does anybody knows something about cooling the ESC and motor. Can't find anything about it.

Maybee it is me. Internet is like Wall Market. So much but what you need you can't find. :hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carbon fiber blades?   Carbon fiber blades? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carbon fiber blades?
Page 1 of 1