RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

How should I build my EXI's

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cgetman02

cgetman02

How should I build my EXI's Empty
PostSubject: How should I build my EXI''s   How should I build my EXI's I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 11:11 pm

My original purchase of EXI's was two Squadrons. I intended to build one and have the other one for a parts cache.

Today I ordered an EXI $39.95 heli with the intention of building the other Squadron and using the $39.95 for the parts cache. Thinking about it more today I'm wondering if instead of building up the other Squadron frame I should build the $39.95 frame and get another $39.95 frame for parts cache for that heli. My thought is that the $39.95 is a ver. 2 and I'm not sure how many of the parts will work for a Squadron.

What do you guys think build the Squadron or Build the $39.95 and get another $39.95 for a parts cache?

Thanks for any guidance you can give.

Curt orange78
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: How should I build my EXI's   How should I build my EXI's I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 6:09 am

I think two 39.95$ EXIs will be better. It is almost the same as squadron, but price isn't the same orange71
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Two of the $39.95 Birds it is!   How should I build my EXI's I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 3:16 pm

I decided that it makes more sense to build up one each of the versions and have one each of the versions in reserve for parts. I ordered the $39.95 (We have to come up with a better name!) and a swash plate leveling fixture. The impatient waiting game begins again.

Ran three batteries through the Squadron in the driveway a few minutes ago. Loads of fun! It's rainy here today or I would have gone to the park and have some more elbow room. I'm really enjoying the responsiveness of the Squadron vs the HBFP.

Having a ball here in Savannah! orange71

Curt
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: How should I build my EXI's   How should I build my EXI's I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 6:07 am

The Squadron will be better for loops, flips and other 3D
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Loops, Flips, and 3D!   How should I build my EXI's I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 6:32 am

Mark,

The only loops, flips, and 3D I'll be doing for a while will be the unintentional ones! Insert picture of me being chased by the heli. It's going to take me a while to get side in, nose in, and foreward flight down before I'll be ready for any of the really scary stuff.

I'm getting better at flying the Clearview sim but, still lose my orientation and panic at times. Practice, practice, practice. I can recover pretty well if the heli stays in front of me but look out if it should get overhead. I'll probably just panic and hit the deck and wait for the crash, LOL. That's why I'm getting the $39.95 airframes (We've got to come up with a better name) as one to build and one for a spare parts machine. If I plant one of the helis at least when my nerves calm down I'll have something to jump back on the horse with, until the planted one is repaired.

I'm going to Sears today to pickup a rollalong bottom toolbox to try and get my heli mess at the house organized. Sears is having a pretty good sale today. Here is what I'm thinking of getting, #65667. Between the rollalong and the heli boxes I purchase, that you suggested, I should be able to orgainze the parts, tools, chargers/batteries, and helis so as to keep peace in the family.

Boy, I get long winded sometimes! I guess that is another reason that the forum is so cool for us heli wierdos is that we have somewhere to talk to others about our passion! Thanks again for your efforts on the forum!

Curt orange74
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: How should I build my EXI's   How should I build my EXI's I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 6:37 am

How should I build my EXI's Calvin

orange51

I spend more time chatting with you guys then anyone else, lol. Well sometimes rofl
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Perfect Cartoon!   How should I build my EXI's I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 7:02 am

That is exactly the vision I have of the Squadron coming after me! Does the little guy in the cartoon have a name? I see him used everywhere but haven't heard anyone refer to him by name.

Curt orange1
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: How should I build my EXI's   How should I build my EXI's I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:13 am

orange69 We could call the little guy Brad.......He knows why lmao

But on a serious note......This is something that has happened in our hobby a couple of years ago in Houston Texas. Pilot and trainer standing together. Trainer was distracted and turned around, wasn't watching heli and it hit him in the neck. The heli was a bigger nitro and the results were fatel. LIKE HOCKEY NEVER TAKE YOUR EYES OFF THE PUCK.

Happy and SAFE flying all

DArrel
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Sears Rolling Toolbox   How should I build my EXI's I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:44 pm

Went to Sears today and found a deal on a returned rolling box. It's a five drawer powered project center. Spent about $200 with the drawer liners. I managed to clear off the big dinning room counter and the dinning room table. (The social director is happy with the solution.) I have plenty of space for storage in the drawers, the top is reverseable fiberboard/metal a good work surface, and there is a power strip built in.

Now to just get it organized and then keep it organized.

Curt orange58
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Parts   How should I build my EXI's I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:35 pm

Hey guys, got a question. Are parts hard to get for these EXI's? Otherwise would you keep an entire kit just for parts?. I, myself have a kit I've kept for parts for another, but there is a delay in gettin parts from China. So if you can get them from Xheli?
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Spare Parts Cache   How should I build my EXI's I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:23 am

For myself just starting out flying I figured that I would probably be going through some parts. The $60 Squadron kit seemed to be a logical way to have a parts cache, not knowing exactly which parts I would need. From my HBFP parts purchases it doesn't take many parts purchases to make up the cost of a spare airframe, I just wish I could find HBFP airframes. Everyone is always out of stock on the HBFP airframes.

As far as the availability of parts for the Squadron, my understanding is that the Trex legend parts are compatable. I'm not sure which others may work. Hopefully Mark will chime in on this when he is back from his weekend flying trip.

Curt orange80
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ok   How should I build my EXI's I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 2:47 am

Ok I'll ask him, He and Brad are here now, There unloading their stuff so we can start charging batterys. We'll take some pix of our flying tomorrow to post
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: How should I build my EXI's   How should I build my EXI's I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:50 pm

Pretty much any T-Rex 450 part will work on the Squadron but it is more closely related to the T-Rex 450 SE V2 then the earliter T-rex's.
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: EXI Std. v2''s arrived today!   How should I build my EXI's I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 11:05 pm

Two boxes arrived today from Xheli. I purchased 2 of the $39.95 EXI heli kits (one as a spare), Volcano 30amp ESC, Exceed Alpha 400 motor, metal tailbox (as a spare), metal swash arms (as spares), swash leveling fixture, and two sets of carbon fiber main blades.

I'm excited! orange6 The EXI kits look really nice, the only thing I don't care for are the philips head frame screws. I would much prefer the hex heads like on the Squadron. I may have to look into a hex head screw set for the frame. Have you guys purchased any screw kits anywhere? I've seen bulk kits with a pile of different sizes but, not just a package with the right amount to replace the frame screws. Any suggestions?

I already have the EXI d113f servos. Xheli backordered the EK2-0704B gyro. I should have all of the parts to get started! When I get this one built I'll have something to compare the Squadron to besides the HBFP.

I'm still tweaking the Squadron. I found today that if I have to hold the rudder stick, a little bit, to the right in order to keep the Squadron from doing a slow turn to the Left. If I add about 1/2 of the movement deflection on the rudder trim to the right it seems to get rid of the slow rotation. I'm sure I have something not quite setup right somewhere. I'm planning on going through the setup again.

I'm excited, I guess you all can relate. I'm going to start securing the frame screws, mounting the skids, breaking all of the sharp edges on the metal frame of the new kit, and mounting servos.

orange74 Curt
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: How should I build my EXI's   How should I build my EXI's I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:13 am

The EXI 450 V2 is identical to the T-rex 450v2
This may help you out
http://www.heliguy.com/i/Trex450SE-V2Manual_ebook.pdf

Both of my V2s had no threadlock anywhere on them and a lot of loose screws. Make sure you go all over them and check the screws.
I comletly disassembled both mine to make sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How should I build my EXI's   How should I build my EXI's I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How should I build my EXI's
Page 1 of 1