RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

EXI Squadron Tail Servo Mount

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cgetman02

cgetman02

EXI Squadron Tail Servo Mount Empty
PostSubject: EXI Squadron Tail Servo Mount   EXI Squadron Tail Servo Mount I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:45 pm

Guys,

How do you secure the tail servo to the boom? I have tightened the plastic clamps as tight as I feel comfortable and it still wants to creep on the boom.

I have been thinking of ordering some of the metal tail servo mounts so that I could tighten them more securely.

Maybe roughing up the boom, putting tape on the boom under the clamps, anyone have a creative solution?

Thanks, Curt orange78
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: EXI Squadron Tail Servo Mount   EXI Squadron Tail Servo Mount I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 8:47 pm

Try putting a small shim, like maybe a piece cut from a zip tie between the clamp and the boom and retighten. Maybe that will help.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Possible solution   EXI Squadron Tail Servo Mount I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 9:35 pm

After thinking it over I think I'll try some of the double sticky foam tape under the mounting clamps. I'll just have to be sure to have the servo positioned correctly. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow. I'm going to measure from the boom mount to the center of the servo arm and position the clamps so I maintain that dimension. I think that should work.

I also had a disturbing thing happen while taking my last shakedown flight today. Heli was at speed and made a wierd sound and something came flying off of it. Landed and inspected the piece that came flying off, turned out to be the label off of the motor! I guess in the future I'll remove stickers from high rpm parts of the heli.

So far so good, I think I'm going to reinstall the training wheels though. Had a couple of close calls without them and don't really want to dump my baby over! They also act as a good shock absorber for some of my less than graceful landings.

If someone has a better idea on securing the tail servo please let me know.

Curt orange6
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Servo securing   EXI Squadron Tail Servo Mount I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 12:10 am

I managed to get a couple of tiny pieces of double sticky foam tape under the the boom clamps for the tail servo. Had to use a little longer screws on the clamps. Seems to have secured the servo in place much more solidly. I also positioned the servo so that the servo arm and the control arm for the tail are at right angles to the boom. Hopefully these changes will result in a more solid heli. Didn't get a chance to try it tonight. Maybe the rain will allow some testing Monday night.

Curt orange78
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EXI Squadron Tail Servo Mount   EXI Squadron Tail Servo Mount I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EXI Squadron Tail Servo Mount
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: