RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

tail not recentering

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ajwaw11

tail not recentering Empty
PostSubject: tail not recentering   tail not recentering I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:20 am

I have an exi 450 heli with jr servos and futaba gy 240 gyro. heli has been set up and have been learning to hoover. the other day landed on uneven surface and ended up breaking the tail rotor holder. upgraded and replaced with aluminum one. Now I notice the tail servo doesn't recenter on its own. I turned off the gyro no change, unhooked the tail linkage still no change. I want to think the servo went bad does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? also went through and did entire mechanical set up, and no change. when spooling up it wants to go counter clockwise when light on the skids.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: tail not recentering   tail not recentering I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:30 pm

have you tried plugging the tail servo directly into the Rx (where the gyro would plug in) and see if the servo moves fine then? also when the gyro is in HH mode the servo will tend to stay to which ever side you put it.
Back to top Go down
ajwaw11

PostSubject: Re: tail not recentering   tail not recentering I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 6:57 pm

Thanks I will try that too, but it is just a rate gyro
Back to top Go down
ajwaw11

PostSubject: Re: tail not recentering   tail not recentering I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:08 pm

Yo I unplugged the gyro like you suggested and the servo recenters it self fine, I plug it back in and doesnt recenter. It would always recenter on its own before, how come now it doesn't? Is is shot already? Might as well bought a cheaper one.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: tail not recentering   tail not recentering I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:26 pm

The Futaba GY240 is a HH gyro. Maybe some of the guys that use that gyro will chime in. Also what Tx are you using?
Back to top Go down
ajwaw11

PostSubject: Re: tail not recentering   tail not recentering I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:40 pm

Futaba 7C
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: tail not recentering   tail not recentering I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:19 pm

Hmm, not sure then, I don't have any experience with any of those brands orange78
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: tail not recentering   tail not recentering I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 10:39 am

The futaba 240 is HH gyro. So it shouldn't recenter. My Esky HH gyro also doesn't recenter, but performs very good. Does heli spin in air? orange78
P.S. I found interesting information how to convert Gy240 to GY401. Check this out: http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=91459
Back to top Go down
ajwaw11

PostSubject: Re: tail not recentering   tail not recentering I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:41 am

First Thank you all for your help. I feel like such an idiot, but relieved at the same time. Looked it all over again, tightened my belt and reversed my gyro, must of flipped the switch some how, had a little juice left and tried it and it hovered just fine headbeat
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: tail not recentering   tail not recentering I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:46 am

The same problem was for me headbeat
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: tail not recentering   tail not recentering I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 2:45 pm

ajwaw11 wrote:
First Thank you all for your help. I feel like such an idiot, but relieved at the same time. Looked it all over again, tightened my belt and reversed my gyro, must of flipped the switch some how, had a little juice left and tried it and it hovered just fine headbeat

cool, I recently switched Receivers on one of my EXI's, everything else on the heli was the same as before but changing the Rx meant I had to reverse to gyro also to get it to work again, thought it was a little strange but it works fine so whatever orange72
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tail not recentering   tail not recentering I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

tail not recentering
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: