RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

WHich one

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
outpost

WHich one Empty
PostSubject: WHich one   WHich one I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:32 am

I have been flying my HBFP for about 2 months now and I can fly around and do nose-in hovers. Im ready to move up to a Collective pitch helicopter but I'm not sure which one would be best for me. I was looking at the esky honey bee king 2 and the belt cp v1. i eventually want to build an EXI 450. I am a kid so money is a bigger factor. The HBK2 is the least expensive CCPM heli that esky makes besides the cp2(which is outta the picture). I was wondering what you guys thought of the HBK2 as a first CP for someone who is looking to save as much money as possible. I would then go "all out" on the EXI 450. TIA
-cade-
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

WHich one Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHich one   WHich one I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:52 am

I have a Belt CP, which by the way I love, and I am not familiar with the King, as I've not flown one. In my opinion, I would go ahead and build an EXI 450. You have your HBFP to fly while you're building, and you would learn a lot from the build and set up process, and you would buy a nice tx like a DX6i or DX7, which you would probably end up buying anyway. This way you would have what you want sooner without spending money on an extra heli.

Just something to think about

good luck

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

WHich one Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHich one   WHich one I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 12:59 am

IMHO I would go with the EXI. $ being a factor as you say, you can build an EXI for under $200 with a bit of clever shopping and an Exceed TX/RX. This would give you a great heli that you can upgrate as you can afford.

darrel
Back to top Go down
outpost

WHich one Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHich one   WHich one I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:33 am

Thats what I was thinking but thre are still some things that i am unclear of with the setup.
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

WHich one Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHich one   WHich one I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 3:20 am

Ask away Outpost. If you can't find your answers here we are all in trouble lol.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

WHich one Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHich one   WHich one I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 7:59 am

Hey, don't worry about that. That's the whole idea behind building your own. You will know and understand the operation of it much better than if you get a RTF. I have an HBFP and a Belt CP that I bought RTF, and I'm in process of building an ES 600. I've learned a lot about the operation of the Belt CP just from building the 600. Also you've got all of us here at the forum to help you out.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

WHich one Empty
PostSubject: My 2 cents   WHich one I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:19 am

Well you all know I was going to comment!!! My pick for best starter CP is of course the wonderful Honey bee king 2 Yes its gonna be very hard but when you master it you will be able to fly pretty much anything!!!! Parts are very cheap and easy to get!!
But it will take a lot of hard work!!! You will be a very good heli wrench when done too!!!! You will have no choise about that!!LOL
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

WHich one Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHich one   WHich one I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 2:28 pm

Get a RTF Belt CP if you are a little intimidated by the whole set-up process. If you don't have room for a Belt CP get a RTF HBK II.

the cheapest route would be to just build an EXI 450 though.

One thing to remember is the bigger the heli the easier it will be to fly. Once you fly a really big heli then you'll never wanna fly a smaller one again, lol orange72
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WHich one Empty
PostSubject: Re: WHich one   WHich one I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WHich one
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: