RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Near Fatal Mistake (for heli)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Near Fatal Mistake (for heli) Empty
PostSubject: Near Fatal Mistake (for heli)   Near Fatal Mistake (for heli) I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:27 am

This morning I decided I would run a batt thru both my HBFP (stock tx) and my Belt CP (also stock tx) before if left for work. Went out with the Belt and had a great flight. No problem. Took it back into the house and got the HBFP and took it outside. Powered up the tx and plugged in the heli. Imediately the servos started twitching badly and the heli tried to spool up a couple of times. Luckily it didn't go to full throttle and I had hold of it by the skids. I thought my 4 in 1 had gone bad or something. Just couldn't figure out what was going on. Then it hit me. To my horror I realized I still was using the Belt tx. orange43 Unplugged the heli real quick. WHEW!!! Went in, got the right tx and ended up having a great flight. Guess the good Lord was looking out for this dummy.

Moral of story, no matter how long you do this, you have to be on your toes all the time. It is so easy to make a simple mistake that can be catastrophic. Bad enough to crash and damage your heli because of your flying skills, but much, much worse to do it because of a dumb mistake. old

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Prel

Prel

PostSubject: Re: Near Fatal Mistake (for heli)   Near Fatal Mistake (for heli) I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 10:28 am

Wow bud, lucky morning for you. Could have been nasty.
Back to top Go down
coptercrazy

coptercrazy

PostSubject: Re: Near Fatal Mistake (for heli)   Near Fatal Mistake (for heli) I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:32 am

Donnie I can relate to that. I have three E-Sky transmitters, two 4 channel and one 6. What I have come up with to lessen the chance of grabbing the wrong tx is put the channel number on the heli and transmitter orange74
Like this
Near Fatal Mistake (for heli) 100_0186

I hope this is a help.
Phil
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Near Fatal Mistake (for heli)   Near Fatal Mistake (for heli) I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 7:57 am

Well, if I can ever get this charger/battery problem figured out I'm gonna be able to finish my ES 600 and get it on my DX6i and then convert my Belt CP to the DX6i as well. Then I'll only have the HBFP tx and the DX6i. That will att least simplify matters.

But until I figure out my problem, I'm at a brick wall. angry032

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
TRISTAR7737

TRISTAR7737

PostSubject: Re: Near Fatal Mistake (for heli)   Near Fatal Mistake (for heli) I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 1:58 pm

glad it wasn't worse !

Sounds like exacty the same thing I would do orange1

Great example by coptercrazy.

So you going to go with the Dx? orange45
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Near Fatal Mistake (for heli)   Near Fatal Mistake (for heli) I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:47 pm

Well, I'm gonna try. Maybe I won't screw it up.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Near Fatal Mistake (for heli)   Near Fatal Mistake (for heli) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Near Fatal Mistake (for heli)
Page 1 of 1