RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Asus Eee pc Anyone?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cgetman02

cgetman02

Asus Eee pc Anyone? Empty
PostSubject: Asus Eee pc Anyone?   Asus Eee pc Anyone? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 9:47 am

I'm considering buying an Asus Eee pc so that I can use it for connecting to my Hyperion charger and monitoring battery charging. I just got the correct Hyperion cable yesterday to use with my EOS0606i AC/DC charger and the charge data collected by EOSinsight is really interesting. I don't really want to move my laptop to a lipo charging safe area everytime that I want to monitor a charge. The Eee pc 1000he seems like a likely solution. I also have a home automation program running on an ancient desktop that I would move over to the Eee pc, so it wouldn't just be for monitoring charging.

It would also keep up my "Nerd Image" as if the Heli and my other wierd interests aren't enough.

Anyone have any personal experience with the Eee pc? I have watched the YouTube videos and they seem to all be pleased with the performance of the Eee pc 1000he. I could buy a lot of heli for the cost of the Eee pc 1000he though.
orange78

Suggestions? Curt
Back to top Go down
Mini owner

PostSubject: Re: Asus Eee pc Anyone?   Asus Eee pc Anyone? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:09 am

personally, im not q big fan of those mini computers. I actually used a Eee at Best Buy the other day and the Eee and other similar notebooks have really small keys. I could see myself pressing two keys at once. I like to stick to my normal sized notebooks haha.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Asus Eee pc Anyone?   Asus Eee pc Anyone? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:43 am

You can connect normal keyboard on the USB port if you have big fingers orange72
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Keyboard Size   Asus Eee pc Anyone? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:58 am

Keyboard size is a concern for me also, sausage fingers here. I just got through mounting a couple of servos and the sausage fingers didn't help there either!

I didn't think of connecting a keyboard to one of the USB ports on the Eee that's a good idea! I'll have to do some research into doing that. Might even be able to use a wireless keyboard and then I could use it for the Mii also. (I said I was a nerd!)

Curt orange71
Back to top Go down
TRISTAR7737

TRISTAR7737

PostSubject: Re: Asus Eee pc Anyone?   Asus Eee pc Anyone? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 12:46 pm

I've looked at those also mainly for portability. I have an older HP widescreen laptop, I like it becuase of the full size keyboard (my fingers are like yours). And as a fellow geek, you already know it is going to cost you more than a DT kind of solution.

What the heck, if you can see yourself using it, go for it or something like it. I read mixed reviews about the ASUS, but I love their motherboards, have 3 in fact. And as you know their tech support sucks. If cost isn't a big limit, maybe an HP mini, they have come down a bit.

I guess my comment is, that size of laptop can be really handy if you want to reference onine stuff as your working on your PC. I looked at a laptop stand the other day, just to take mine out the garage, lol.

I'm sure as you have looked around, when I was thinking of that, you can get a standard laptop, with faster CPU and memory for close to what one of those costs. So I said next one (for me) would be a standard laptop, more versatility. So, I want to know who will win... the geek who says... it is soo cool.... or the logic of what you want to do with it (grins).

Happy hunting
Back to top Go down
Mini owner

PostSubject: Re: Asus Eee pc Anyone?   Asus Eee pc Anyone? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 4:17 pm

P3tras wrote:
You can connect normal keyboard on the USB port if you have big fingers

Keep in mind the size of the screen. The addition of a separate USB or wireless keyboard would mean you would have to place yourself at an even farther distance from the already small sized screen.

Buy hey, if you like the computer, don't mind me, go ahead and get it. My point is that these preferences are just for me and others can have different opinions/preferences.

Good luck on finding the laptop you want! orange74
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Asus Eee pc Anyone?   Asus Eee pc Anyone? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Asus Eee pc Anyone?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: Meet and Greet for new members :: Off Topic - stuff not related to RC-
Jump to: