RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JojoManigbas

JojoManigbas

HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem? Empty
PostSubject: HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem?   HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:27 am

I have purchased a HB KING to try out a bigger heli than my HBFP.
I was attempting to hover the king, lost control and slammed into the chair sad122 .

After replacing the main blades then spinning it up I noticed that the rotor head wobbles.
Is the wobble caused by a bent main shaft or a bent feathering shaft?

If it's the main shaft. Will main shaft (EK1-0565) from a KING 2 fit the older KING?

Another question:
The spektrum servo also got damaged, can I replace that with a regular 8g servo?

Thanks in advance,
Jojo
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem?   HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 11:35 am

It could be feathering shaft or the main shaft. Just look which shaft is not straight. But probably it will be feathering shaft. And you cannot mix different servos in the head. You will need to buy the same servo (or change the gears) or change all 3 servos Wink
Back to top Go down
JojoManigbas

JojoManigbas

PostSubject: Re: HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem?   HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem? I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 3:53 pm

Thanks, I'll try changing the feathering shaft first.
Back to top Go down
JojoManigbas

JojoManigbas

PostSubject: Re: HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem?   HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem? I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:27 am

OK - I took off the head assembly and found that the main shaft is bent and needs to be replaced.

Do you guys know if the main shaft (EK1-0565) from a KING 2 fit the older KING?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem?   HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem? I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:46 am

I think it will not fit. But I found king 1 shaft here: http://www.rc711.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=22_34&products_id=233
Back to top Go down
JojoManigbas

JojoManigbas

PostSubject: Re: HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem?   HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem? I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:51 am

Thanks
Back to top Go down
JojoManigbas

JojoManigbas

PostSubject: Re: HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem?   HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:39 am

P3 or anyone, What's the reason why "you cannot mix different servos in the head."?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem?   HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem? I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:32 pm

Because they can move differently, causing your heli to be very unstable (it will fly by itself orange73 )
Back to top Go down
bynum79

bynum79

PostSubject: Re: HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem?   HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem? I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:58 am

Hey there yall, hows it going? I just got a hbk2 myself, and am having a simular problem. I crashed and chipped the main blades, so now i need a feathering shaft. I found them for a pretty good price at www.ka-planes.com. I also need to get another gyro because mine is all out of wack. All the heli would do is spin to the left. Crazysmile have a good day yall.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Slow down   HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem? I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 2:15 am

Slow down there bynum!! There could be a number of reasons that your spinning not the gyro. Now it could be the gyro but I'd look at some other things first. If you've just crashed and now you've got the spin I think you got something other than the gyro being bad. First check that the tail belt is still tight. HBK2's ALWAYS get a loose belt after a crash! The boom always slides in and loosens the belt. Give that a look see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem?   HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HB KING - main shaft or feathering problem?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: