RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

What was your first Rc Helicopter

Go down 
+17
Bert
Scarface26
reh1963
SergeyK
just4theheliovit
Hanol
247rememberme
HeliHansen
Brutus5
TRISTAR7737
Fatdaddy
Jack the R
P3tras
Donnie D
cgetman02
Nuttcaze
DannyDM
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
4n6Days

4n6Days

What was your first Rc Helicopter - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What was your first Rc Helicopter   What was your first Rc Helicopter - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2009 11:15 pm

My first was a $10 IR 2 channel from woot.com. Then I bought a used Walkera 22E of of Craigslist. It was NiMH and it wouldn't fly. Bought a new battery from Xheli... still didn't have enough power to get off the ground. So I bought a Blade CP off of Craigslist. It also was NiMH. I'd get about 1-2 mins of flight time, but it's all I had, so I made it work. I learned to hover on that one.

Then I sold both of those, and bought a Belt CP and an EXI kit. I crashed the Belt on battery #4. Moved the power sysover to the EXI. I'm now on bat 38 without a crash. (I'm due for one soon, I'm afraid)

When I had the Blade CP, I had FMS, but I only had an old playstation controller with a USB adapter that I used to fly. Very crude. I now have an E-Sky USB tx and I spend quite a bit of time practicing orientations (and things I'd not yet dare try with the EXI) in Aerofly Pro Deluxe and Helisim. Helisim is free. It's probably the most realistic of the free sims.
Back to top Go down

What was your first Rc Helicopter
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2