RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

falcon 40 major problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dfbdavid38

dfbdavid38

falcon 40 major problem Empty
PostSubject: falcon 40 major problem   falcon 40 major problem I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 1:25 pm

hello my name is david and i got a falcon 40 around three months ago.i think something is wrong with the way it was setup at the factory.the tail motor has done went out but before it did ive noticed that when you would spend it around with your finger it would have a catch in it and allso with would have a pause in it when you idled it up for fight.

The servos are way to touchy for me and i was wondering if their is a way to fix that. And now i got a vibration in it, the shaft is straight because its new and ive not flown it sence i put it in.

I have also notice that when you do idle it up the whole shaft goes up and down, it was like that when i got it is it suppose to do that if not how do i fix it if anyone has got some answer please let me know thanks dfbdavid38
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: falcon 40 major problem   falcon 40 major problem I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 12:00 am

Try checking the mesh between your motor pinion and the main gear. I'm really not familar with this heli. I have an HBFP, but I think they ar similar.

You may be better off to PM Nuttcaze with your question. I know he has one or used to have one. Also check out the sticky under 4 ch fixed pitch helis. I'm not sure if they are on the forum, but I know they are on Nuttcaze.com.

hope this helps you

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: falcon 40 major problem   falcon 40 major problem I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 10:05 pm

I tried to break up the post so I could understand it a bit more. When posting try to seperate multiple questions so its easier to read.

What was your question about set-up?

About the servo's, try moving the linkages in "1" hole on the servo arm. Also make sure your flybar paddles are level and that nothing is broken in the head. If you still have vibration probs, check the main blade balance again.

The Falcon 40's all have alot of slop in the main shaft, you could try putting washers in to get rid of the slop, I never did.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: falcon 40 major problem   falcon 40 major problem I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:39 pm

I've had tail motors get rough spots before. I generally change them at that point because thy're pretty cheap, but if its still working then I'd just use it.

As far as eliminating the slop, I'm not really sure it'd be worth trying to get it out. Rather if possible start saving for a nicer CP heli (the Belt CP V1/V2 or the HBK V2/V3 if you're limited on space) the FP helis are really only for learning the basics. You'll be alot happier with a CP and a Head Holding Gyro.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: falcon 40 major problem   falcon 40 major problem I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

falcon 40 major problem
Page 1 of 1