RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

YIKES!!!! MY FIRST CRASH

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

YIKES!!!! MY FIRST CRASH Empty
PostSubject: YIKES!!!! MY FIRST CRASH   YIKES!!!! MY FIRST CRASH I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 5:30 pm

argh OH well, I have been doing so good so far. Been using my HBFP to practice on and then being extra carefull when I'd fly my Belt CP. Well today for some reason when I started flying the belt, it was yawing left real bad(counterclockwise). Anyway in the process of tring to figure out the problem and make adjustments, I lost control for a second and had my first crash with it. Had 32 flights with and no crash but number 33, not so lucky. Damage report-- so far a broken plasric link, damaged blades, broken center hub case and I imagine a bent feathering shaft. Thats all the damage I see so far. No teeth missing on main gears at least. I've been dreading tearing down the head, but I guess I'll figure it out now. But I ain't complaining, STILL A TON OF FUN!! Bad thing about it is I also had a hard landing with my HBFP and broke my center hub. One of those days. bump

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
RCcanuck

RCcanuck

PostSubject: Re: YIKES!!!! MY FIRST CRASH   YIKES!!!! MY FIRST CRASH I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 6:45 pm

Crashes are great for that reason, you can tear it down, get to know your heli, and re-assemble it.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: YIKES!!!! MY FIRST CRASH   YIKES!!!! MY FIRST CRASH I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 6:57 pm

agreed You're absolutely right. That's how I got familar with my HBFP. I can take that apart and put it back together blindfolded, but you know how it is that first time. I'll be nervous as all get out, but I'll just take my time and I'm sure if I hit a snag I'll be able to get advice here. smiley-happy088

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: YIKES!!!! MY FIRST CRASH   YIKES!!!! MY FIRST CRASH I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:01 pm

I'm not completely sure but I think I made a vid that has some info about replacing stuff on the Belt CP, but either way any questions just ask.
Back to top Go down
eskyfreak

eskyfreak

PostSubject: Re: YIKES!!!! MY FIRST CRASH   YIKES!!!! MY FIRST CRASH I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 6:01 pm

tearing the head down is the easy part, explaining to your wife that you have to spend $150 dollars on replacement parts and shipping so your heli doesn't become a paperweight is the hard part!!! good luck donnied, we're all here to help!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YIKES!!!! MY FIRST CRASH   YIKES!!!! MY FIRST CRASH I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

YIKES!!!! MY FIRST CRASH
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: