RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Gyro question

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Gyro question Empty
PostSubject: Gyro question   Gyro question I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 12:24 pm

I'm using a Telebee Ver 2 gyro on my ES 600. When I set up the heli I had the gyro hooked up normaly and had the tx set on rate mode so I could get my servos centered. Then went thru the normal set up process. I had already programed my DX6i with rate at 30% and HH at 70%. When I first spun up the heli I of course had it on my test stand to check things out and adjust the tail. I did that by moving the servo until the tail was pretty steady in rate mode and tweaked the rate tx setting to 27%. I don't remember what HH tx setting I ended up with on the bench, but after flying a couple of times and tweaking stuff(expo, sub trims, gyro gain,etc) I now have tx gyro gains at 27% for rate, and 58% for HH. The heli flys ok (hovers, no real flying yet) but it does seem to be a bit more touchy in HH mode.

Do I have something wrong? Are those gyro settings ok?

I just thought HH setting would be higher, but if I increase it much above 58% the tail swings.

Maybe every heli is different. I don't know as this is my first experience with a HH gyro.

I also have very little experience with my DX6i.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Gyro question Empty
PostSubject: gyro   Gyro question I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 1:04 pm

Hey Don, I don't have any knolage of the Telbee set up but it looks to me like you got right. If the head stays where you point it then I don't think the numbers matter.. You've done the right thing, when the tail wags back off just enough to stop the wag and your good to go!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Gyro question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gyro question   Gyro question I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 1:16 pm

Thanks Fatdaddy, I just wanted to ease my mind I guess. Now, can I make all of my gyro adjustments thru the transmitter? I don't even need to touch the gain screws on the gyro with a DX6i do I? That is, as long at the REV switch and the DS/STD switch are set correctly, which they are.

Thanks,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Gyro question Empty
PostSubject: yup   Gyro question I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 1:26 pm

You are correct about that!! You should be good to fly!!! I hope my ESmnart parts arrive soon!! Its driving me crazy seeing my ES sittin in the corner,all bent and twisted just waiting, sadly for the next set of parts!! I hope these will be the last!!!LOL NOT

But you know I ordered parts from a place here in NJ and they will take longer to get than if I ordered them from China!!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Gyro question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gyro question   Gyro question I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:31 pm

Thanks Fatdaddy, thanks for your help. After reading your post I went outside and started over on my tx settings. Turns out I had way to much expo on the elev and ail. Started over now only have +5 on each and +10 on the rudder. Went back thru the gyro as well and now that seems good to go too. She is back to being as smooth as silk again. It is such a pleasure to fly (hover).

Hey, I didn't know you had crashed your ES. Sorry to hear it. Where did you order the parts from?

By the way, right now I'm planning on coming to the fun fly for all 3 days. I just havn't made the offical post and regestered yet.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Gyro question Empty
PostSubject: parts   Gyro question I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 5:01 pm

Yes I crashed it very hard!!! I received the parts today!!! And I will rebuild it tonight!!!
My 500 is done but not flown yet!! Thats all I have on that is to set the tail servo. Poor day today for me so I didn't taike the chance!!! I got everything capt the flybar from BPHobbies(yes I know)!!! They have a good stock!! Even CF tail booms!!! Soooo the Smaritie shall fly again soon!!!!!
About the expo, you could use more than 5% if you need to... I think I have 25% in mine..
Just got the prices for the batterys and I'll get that up on that thread..
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Gyro question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gyro question   Gyro question I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 5:07 pm

Actually mine seems smoother to me with +5% expo than it did when I had it set at +25%. I guess every pilot and every heli are a little bit different.

Hey, I bought my E-Smart from BP Hobbys. At the time they were the only ones that had one in stock that I could find, and dagnabbit I wanted one. The way things were going then, I was beginning to think it was gonna be the last one to ever be available.

Anyway, good luck with your repairs, and thanks again.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Gyro question Empty
PostSubject: EXPO   Gyro question I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:59 pm

I think your right about the differant pilot flying style. The expo softens the imput moving away from center so I guessits the point where it kicks in and how hard!!
Anyway All my ESmart kits have come Helidirect on EBay, they have good prices for them on there!!! In fact I'm ready to pick up at least one more, they have the CF kits up and I've heard they are going to stop puttin them out. I think everybody needs to have a couple extra's anyway..
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Gyro question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gyro question   Gyro question I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 10:43 pm

I watched the Finless Bob vid on expo, and the tx he uses has a graphic scale on it for expo the same as the DX6i has for pitch and throttle curves. If you view that vid, you will see how having a lot of + expo could cause the heli to actually feel over responsive. With a high amout of + expo, you will have very slow response near mid stick but as you move away from mid stick, the response will pick up very quickly. The higher the + expo, the quicker that response will kick in once you are away from near neutral. If you haven't watched the vid, you should. It's pretty informative.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

OH yeah, I really like Heli Direct too. Very good stock, and extremely fast shipping.
Back to top Go down
burton8012

Gyro question Empty
PostSubject: telebee gyro   Gyro question I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 3:19 am

can u mount a telebee or any gryo on its back when the instructions show a picture on the gyro mountig standing up
Back to top Go down
Mozzy

Mozzy

Gyro question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gyro question   Gyro question I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 7:38 am

How to mount a gyro (standing or flat) depends on what gyro you are using.
A telebee gyro needs to stand, with the text horizontally.
Just follow the instructions that came with your gyro. old
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gyro question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gyro question   Gyro question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gyro question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: