RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Drifting Heli

Go down 
+2
Nuttcaze
jeepharley
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jeepharley

jeepharley

Drifting Heli Empty
PostSubject: Drifting Heli   Drifting Heli I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:44 pm

My esky belt cp V2 drifts to the left and I constantly apply left rudder. Gyro seem to work fine(ek2-0704B). I replaced the stock tail servo with HS65mg. I moved the tail servo 1mm aft several times no luck. I even removed the vertical fin just to see if it was restricting air flow. That did not work. Helicopter flies great no vibration just have to constantly apply left rudder. Nobody seems to have the answer. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sorry if I asked this question before.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Drifting Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Heli   Drifting Heli I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:49 pm

Have you tried increasing the gain on the gyro a bit?
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Drifting Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Heli   Drifting Heli I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 4:54 pm

I assume you mean the nose yaws left. Looking down on the heli the heli rotates counter clockwise.

Remove the linkage from the tail servo to the tail and be sure the links that snap onto the ball are not loose. It is a glued fit on my V1 and I had one to start pulling loose once before and it caused the heli to get nose in on me and caused me to crash. If it's loose just reglue (crazy glue) it on and push it on as far as it will go. After that you will have to readjust the servo position on the boom.

May not be your problem, but it is a good thing to check. May save a crash.

I would suggest you adjust your HH gyro, but I'm not familar with how you adjust that gyro. I'm sure someone else will chime in soon with help.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
jeepharley

jeepharley

Drifting Heli Empty
PostSubject: Drifting Heli   Drifting Heli I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 5:02 pm

Nose of heli drifts to the right. I apply left rudder to correct for the drift. Gyro gain on Tx did not help. I have no idea what to do.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Drifting Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Heli   Drifting Heli I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 5:11 pm

Sorry, my mistake. That's what I meant to say. Did you get a chance to check the servo linkage?

Also, if that doesn't work, try swapping your tail servo with one of the others just to see if the tail behavior changes as well as whatever you swap it with.

Donnie d smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
jeepharley

jeepharley

Drifting Heli Empty
PostSubject: Servo   Drifting Heli I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 7:01 pm

Replaced tail servo same problem. Tail servo linkage is fine. Maybe a new Gyro and that might not work.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Drifting Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Heli   Drifting Heli I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 10:34 pm

I don't have a V2, mine is a V1. Yours has a HH gyro, right? If so, does it behave the same in rate mode and in HH mode?

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
jeepharley

jeepharley

Drifting Heli Empty
PostSubject: Rate Mode   Drifting Heli I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:55 am

Sorry I don't know what rate mode is. But the heli does have a HH gyro. I can turn it off from the Tx but very difficult to keep tail in during hovering.
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

Drifting Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Heli   Drifting Heli I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:17 am

maybe your gain is too high.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Drifting Heli Empty
PostSubject: Sorry I took so long   Drifting Heli I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:15 am

Ok JH This is what you will need to do. First take the gyro out of HH mode, this is called "rate mode". Now, what you have to do is take the heli into a hover and see which way the nose drifts. Then loosen the .....wait, belt cp, tail servo is frame mount?
Not on the the boom? I'm not real familier with the belt but your problem is standard.
Well what you need to do in a nut shell is either shorten or leighten the servo push rod while in rate mode. If in fact your servo is mounted on the main frame you will need to shorten or leighten by using the rod ends... Afeter hover make an adj. one way only to start. Hover again it will be better or worse. If worse adj. again in thge other direction.
If better keep going in that direction till you stop the drift.. once that is done flip to HH and you will be good to go!! Good luck!!

Anyway this is what you need to do to stop the drift!! If you don't understand my rambling let me know and I will tryt to clarify for you..
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Drifting Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Heli   Drifting Heli I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:13 am

Hi. I have belt cp v2 and I will try to make it clear for you. On transmitter there is gyro switch right above the throttle. When it is in 0 gyro is working in heading hold mode (head lock mode). When it is in 1 the gyro is working in rate mode. So try to fly your heli in rate mode. If nose still yaws, lose 2 screws that holds tail servo mount to the boom and move it a little bit to right. If nose yaws even more, move it to the left. And move servo mount till nose stops yawing orange68
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Drifting Heli Empty
PostSubject: just as he says   Drifting Heli I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 12:47 pm

See there P3 That was so much clearer than my reply and it says the same thing.
So the tail servo is boom mounted?? I don't know why I thought it was mounted in the frame.
Anyway JeepHarley, read P3's post and mine you should be able to figure what we mean..And this is what you need to do!!
Back to top Go down
jeepharley

jeepharley

Drifting Heli Empty
PostSubject: Rate Mode   Drifting Heli I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:38 pm

Thanks guys!! Now I know what rate mode is. I will try to hover in rate mode, not sure if I can hover without HH on. If I can't I will practice until I can then adjust the tail servo until there is no drift.

One more question. Do I use rudder trim to keep heli trimmed or leave the trim at center point and adjust the tail servo until I can hover without applying rudder input. I think on a calm day the helicopter should hover with little input from my part assuming everything else is adjusted properly. Thanks for the help!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Drifting Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Heli   Drifting Heli I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:45 pm

Put your rudder trim at center, bring heli to a hover and see what you need to do. Get it as close as you can by adjusting the servo position, only takes very tiny movement either way. After you get it as close as you can then fine tune by using the rudder trim. And by the way, next time you fly, you may need to adjust the trim a little again, as well as each time you fly.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
jeepharley

jeepharley

Drifting Heli Empty
PostSubject: Rudder Trim   Drifting Heli I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:17 pm

Thanks for the help! Sorry one more question. After I adjust the servo and there is no drifting or very little do I ever use ruder trim in HH mode?
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Drifting Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Heli   Drifting Heli I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 5:25 pm

YO J/H, You really should not need to use rudder trim in either "rate" or " HH" once you set up the tail servo!!! I do not use any at all on any of my helis.
Back to top Go down
jeepharley

jeepharley

Drifting Heli Empty
PostSubject: Rudder Trim   Drifting Heli I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:06 pm

Thanks Fatdaddy! No rudder trim, just adjust the servo until the heli requires little input on my part.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Drifting Heli Empty
PostSubject: Re: Drifting Heli   Drifting Heli I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drifting Heli
Page 1 of 1