RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

No lift off

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hardfourteen

hardfourteen

No lift off Empty
PostSubject: No lift off   No lift off I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 3:07 am

Just received my HBFP Mk3 from Xheli. Went through all videos (THANKS!) I took all recommended steps (except balancing main blades). With training gear on I was skidding it around to get a feel for it and when I attempted lift off, while it got light on the gear it would not lift off. I balanced the blades (out of balance!) recharged battery, and now I wonder if there are any other common reasons for not lifting off.
Is there a rule of thumb as to how tight main motor/main gear should be? It seems snug but NOT tight or binding. I am new to flying (trying) and while this may have been covered I haven't seen it... All suggestions/solutions more than welcome.
Thanks old noob
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

No lift off Empty
PostSubject: Re: No lift off   No lift off I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 7:45 am

Read through eflightwiki. It has all setup tips that honey bee needs http://www.eflightwiki.com/eflightwiki/index.php?title=HoneyBeeFP orange71
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

No lift off Empty
PostSubject: Re: No lift off   No lift off I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:41 am

I have been trying to learn to fly my HBFP for several months now and every time I thought that I knew what was up with the bird I'd find something new to try and or adjust. When P3 supplied this link I thought oh well here's another tidbit of info I'd better look at. Man was I surprized. This link is wonderful! It seems to put all the tweeks and adjustments in one place. I went through my bird fpllowing each step and you could see the thing smooth out. This link should be required reading for every HBFP pilot before it"s even taken out of the box! Thanks P3, you are a genuine asset to this FORUM, I can't believe that you are only 15. I think you are a ringer that Marc brought in to make all us old farts feel our age! :worthy: old navy1
Back to top Go down
hardfourteen

hardfourteen

No lift off Empty
PostSubject: no lift off   No lift off I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 2:18 pm

Thanks!
Printing off the whole works so I can work through each step!
I think you're right, chief qm, if you can't figure out some new fangled thing like a heli or dvd player orange71 just ask the younger generation!
Back to top Go down
branflake12

branflake12

No lift off Empty
PostSubject: Re: No lift off   No lift off I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 11:56 am

Did you get her off the ground? I have had to run full throttle even on a full charge to keep mine at about 3 feet. Wondering if you found anything i could try.
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

No lift off Empty
PostSubject: Re: No lift off   No lift off I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:56 pm

I find this interesting, I'm running at about 3/4 throttle and I have to back off because my HB just keeps on rising. I'm talking through 12 / 15 feet. Also every thing is stock on my bird. Just make sure that everything is smooth and correctly adjusted. Good luck and keep plugging away and it will click together. And it's worth
it!! orange71 navy1
Back to top Go down
branflake12

branflake12

No lift off Empty
PostSubject: Re: No lift off   No lift off I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:42 pm

maybe its me. I got 2 new mystery lipos in the mail this morning, Ill get the broken in tonight.
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

No lift off Empty
PostSubject: Re: No lift off   No lift off I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 4:11 pm

Good luck and keep plugging away! (That's all I can do!) navy1
Back to top Go down
branflake12

branflake12

No lift off Empty
PostSubject: Re: No lift off   No lift off I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:34 pm

The mystery batt i ran without charging. Way better lift than the esky batt. I wonder if i got a bad one? I voltage checked after i sat down and 1 cell was 2.85 and 1 cell was 3.55. Too far i thought, but 10 mintues later they were both at 3.3V.

I checked the stock battery i ran down last night and it was at 3.75 and 3.65 without being charged. Do these things "re charge" themselves in the first few cycles?
Back to top Go down
jerrydgaines

jerrydgaines

No lift off Empty
PostSubject: No lift off   No lift off I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:45 pm

I fought this on mine, at first. But my first one was on nimh power. When my second one, lipo did the same thing, I was as confused as you are! Then I crashed one of mine and had to replace the frame. When I put it back together, I put the main motor pinion about half way up the teeth of the main gear. It worked! If you look at the teeth of the pinion, they are almost square. the teeth on the main gear are trianular! orange78 Maybe this will help!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

No lift off Empty
PostSubject: Re: No lift off   No lift off I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No lift off
Page 1 of 1