RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Setting the Trim

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bhd

Setting the Trim Empty
PostSubject: Setting the Trim   Setting the Trim I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:35 am

First of all, i am a newbie! I have a HBFP, I wanted to know how can I set the trim if I can only get it to hoover for a couple of seconds. Is there another way of setting the trim so that I can hoover longer than 2 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Setting the Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting the Trim   Setting the Trim I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:45 am

the trim really needs to be set when its hovering at least 3ft, otherwise the rotorwash will keep you from accurately trimming it. Unless it shoots some weird direction (other then left when you're first taking off) then you shouldn't worry about trims until you can hover
Back to top Go down
CQSIHC Flyer

Setting the Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting the Trim   Setting the Trim I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 2:54 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:
the trim really needs to be set when its hovering at least 3ft, otherwise the rotorwash will keep you from accurately trimming it. Unless it shoots some weird direction (other then left when you're first taking off) then you shouldn't worry about trims until you can hover

Nutt - is it necessary to set the trims while in flight?

I have all of my trims centered, and use the joysticks to try to maintain a stable hover. Sometimes, I can leave the sticks alone and it will hover by itself for a few seconds, then it starts to move again.

Will setting the trims while in flight correct this?
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Setting the Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting the Trim   Setting the Trim I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 25, 2009 3:12 pm

No, don't adjust the trim while it is airborn. That's a good way to crash. Get the helicopter into a hover and, for example, if the nose wants to yaw right a bit (clockwise), land the heli and give the rudder trim a click or two to the left and get heli back into a hover. Keep doing this until you feel you have it trimmed. Keep in mind you will not be able to hover it hands off for more than 2 or 3 seconds no matter how well you trim it. Also as you get towatd the end of your battery, the tail will want to swing a bit, but don't worry about that. Thats normal. smiley-happy088

If I'm not telling him right, someone please correct me.

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Setting the Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting the Trim   Setting the Trim I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:03 am

yeah, I didn't literally mean adjust the trims in flight, but the heli needs to be hovering before you will know if the heli actually needs to be trimmed, then land and adjust the trim.

I however do adjust the trims in flight but I've been flying for a while biggrin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Setting the Trim Empty
PostSubject: Re: Setting the Trim   Setting the Trim I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Setting the Trim
Page 1 of 1