RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

bad motor? (HBFP)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chiefqm

chiefqm

bad motor? (HBFP) Empty
PostSubject: bad motor? (HBFP)   bad motor? (HBFP) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:29 pm

Well gang, I think maybe my main motor is giving up the ghost! After a couple minutes of run time it seems to be a lot warmer than normal and it doesn't have much power. The batteries seem to be ok, they read between 7.5 and 8 volts. After it cools it will lift off and then get hot again and lose power. Fortunitly I just ordered a new set of motors to have on hand for the FunFly! Should be here this afternoon. Hope that's the problem. The wife, bless her heart thought it might be the batteries and suggested that I order a couple of new ones. (I am soooo lucky) But I'll wait until after the FunFly and see if a 450 is in the future. Hate to see five 7.4s just sitting around collecting dust. mailboxhappy navy1
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

bad motor? (HBFP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad motor? (HBFP)   bad motor? (HBFP) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:37 pm

Hi,
If it does the same thing with other batteries it is definitely main motor fault orange69
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

bad motor? (HBFP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad motor? (HBFP)   bad motor? (HBFP) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 5:24 pm

At least it's an easy fix, and if it turns out not to be the motor, you can always reuse it later.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

bad motor? (HBFP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad motor? (HBFP)   bad motor? (HBFP) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 7:00 pm

Yeah P3, It seems to do it on both batteries. And yes D it never hurts to have a spare!
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

bad motor? (HBFP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad motor? (HBFP)   bad motor? (HBFP) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 5:18 pm

The new motor just came. Problem is it's about 100 degrees outside and I'm afraid my bird will melt!! orange68 navy1
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

bad motor? (HBFP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad motor? (HBFP)   bad motor? (HBFP) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 5:42 pm

So try it indoors orange68
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

bad motor? (HBFP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad motor? (HBFP)   bad motor? (HBFP) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 7:39 pm

Nah. It won't melt. Remember, it's got a built in ceiling fan.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

bad motor? (HBFP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad motor? (HBFP)   bad motor? (HBFP) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 8:15 am

Well, the temp dropped down to 98 degrees so I went out and fired her up. headbeat Flew fine! (this statement is relative, 'cause this pilot can't fly for sh#t) So I guess my motor is ok. I hopped her around for about five minutes and no lift problems. Could be she was just being lazy the other day! flyaway navy1
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

bad motor? (HBFP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad motor? (HBFP)   bad motor? (HBFP) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 1:34 pm

Went out and flew(?) this morning. same batt as I used last night whitout charging it. Flew for about 5 minutes, no problem. Don't know what the problem was the other day. orange53 I guess there is still life in the origional motor. Not going to complain! Man I am really looking forward to the FunFly, it's going to be a blast! smiley-happy057 navy1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bad motor? (HBFP) Empty
PostSubject: Re: bad motor? (HBFP)   bad motor? (HBFP) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bad motor? (HBFP)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 4ch FP and Co-Axial Helicopters-
Jump to: