RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Pinion Gears for ES600

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
suriano

suriano

Pinion Gears for ES600 Empty
PostSubject: Pinion Gears for ES600   Pinion Gears for ES600 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:14 pm

So far havent seen this topic and I think it might be interesting. I am running the stock 12 tooth pinion. In stunt mode (stock blades) I have been flying only 60% power all the way across the curve. Flys extremely well around the feild. Nothing gets hot, BUT my flight time is 5 min. no hovering all forward flight and on 4000mah X2 11v Zippy lipos in series.

I have a 10 tooth 32 pitch pinion coming but have not tried it yet ofcoarse. I just put 550mm mikado fiberglass blades on.
I hovered with the new blades for around 2 min. to try them. At 60% power the ES600 was fly"n even better than ever and I could tell that I will feel better with even more power to the engine.

The main question at hand is...Anybody tried different pinions on the ES600 yet?

The objective it to get the power to 90%~100% , lessen the load on the engine and get longer flight times. I would like to see 6~7 min.

Thanks for any comments.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: 11T   Pinion Gears for ES600 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 12:38 pm

I've used an 11T for a while. Didn't really notice any diff. when I went back to the 12.
A 10 T is gonna take you below 1800 RPM @100% power. So at even 75%-80% which seems to be about the happy place for the motor, your gonna be dipping a little low. It will be somewhat less responceive and I think you will notice it and may not be very happy with that, just something to consider.
I think gettin 5 with the batterys your using is doing pretty good.
So, I do have something you might want to try before switching to the 10T.

Think about trying, Increase motor power to 75%-85% reduce blade pitch in small amounts till you find a place that you like and you will also extend your flight times as you lessen pitch.. Give this a try using the 12T, I think you will be happier with this set up than using the 10T. Just my thoughts!!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Pinion Gears for ES600   Pinion Gears for ES600 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 2:59 pm

My pitch is setup +10 -10. My thoughts have changed a little since I flew this morning with the new mikado blades. I ran 70% power today and think it will take more than that now. Flew 5 min. and now checking to see what capacity I have left in the batterys. So I think you might be right....with the new blades it is totally different than the stock wood ones that came with it.

I might have just wasted $10 on the new pinion.

I would love to hear if anyone else has a different setup with a different pinion.

I think once I get it setup correctly I will prefer the 12t for the higher head speed. I do like to do some 3d fly"n.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: pitch   Pinion Gears for ES600 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:08 pm

WAIT!! HOLD ON!! I don't mean TOTAL pitch!! I'm sorry I did not make myself clear!!! What I mean is change your PITCH CURVE!!! Increase head speed and reduce pitch by changing the curve in the TX. Change so the pitch comes in a little later!! LEAVE THE TOTAL PITCH at 10/10 thats fine.. lowere the pitch curve in the tX.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Pinion Gears for ES600   Pinion Gears for ES600 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 5:34 pm

I understand what you are say"n. My curve on the graph of the TX would curve instead of the usual default straight line.

I am using the default 0 25 50 75 100.

What do you recomend? I will be raising the power on the next flight to 80% on stunt mode.

At 70% and a 5 min. flight as stated before I consumed only 3500 mah of my packs 4000mah capacity. As you stated before at 80% I think I can get the 6 min.

I am open to your thoughts on the pitch curve for 80%~85% power using the 12T pinion.

I am only guessing you dont agree with using 100% power?

I have noticed on my EXI450 with align 3550kv moter that running 100% gives me the most run time at 7 min. with 2200 V2 packs...
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: curves   Pinion Gears for ES600 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 6:05 pm

If you are flying 3D, and using default Idle-up curve then I'duse the default throttle curve too. its like 100-95-90-95-100 I've no problem with 100% power!! But I also don't think that you will get the max. flight time there. What I'd try is to lower the default power curve by 5% each point till you find the sweet spot you are lookin for.
You know like 95-90-85-90-95 then 90-85-80-85-90.
My first post on this, I didn't realize you were running the default pitch curve and flying 3D, So I would NOT change the pitch for how you have it set up and how you are flying. I thought you were doing it diff.(flying)
Are you using a DX6?
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Pinion Gears for ES600   Pinion Gears for ES600 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:41 pm

I have a Dx6I. I tried a throttle curve of 100 95 90 95 100 on my EXI450 and didnt really see the benefits. So thats when I went to the 100 straight across. Now its not really a fair comparison maybe because it seems as thought the ES600 has more power. Truthfully I have been dealing with vibration problems since I have had it (1 month) and just recently been able to fly it without freak"n out. So I havnt tried the throtttle curves yet and wasnt going to. I think I should try it though and give it a chance with this Heli.

You dont fly with stock wood blades that came with it do you?

The difference between the stock and the Mikado blades is night and day. They also weight more and are wider than stock. My point is I feel more comfortable with higher head speeds just with the new blades alone.

Thanks for the replys Fatdaddy because you have opened my eyes a bit...
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Mine   Pinion Gears for ES600 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 11:01 pm

My "E" is the Carbon Fiber Pro. and it did not come with blades! I fly Mavrik G5Pro wide cord. Mostly. Right now I've got some other CF WC's on it.. I'm not sure who makes them. I'd need to look back but I think they are also Mav. I've had really good luck with them. And not just the G5 but I've had several diff. Mavrik's and have loved them all. Two sets of 550 are hanging on my wall cause they will never fly again!!!! Victums of retuirning to Earth to quickly!!! I also have the G5Pro WC's on my EXI 500 and they are superb!!! I'm a really big fan of the Mav. brand!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pinion Gears for ES600   Pinion Gears for ES600 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pinion Gears for ES600
Page 1 of 1