RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Extreme skids for HBFP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Extreme skids for HBFP Empty
PostSubject: Extreme skids for HBFP   Extreme skids for HBFP I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 12:01 pm

Just installed a set of Extreme skids on my HBFP last night

http://www.helidirect.com/xtreme-landing-skid-motor-mount-for-honey-bee-p-10069.hdx

So far I like them. I removed the Superskids and put them on my Belt CP as I had damaged the SS on it.
With the Extreme skids the heli seems to have a bit more pep as I'm sure they are lighter than the SS. I kept the vert and horiz stabilizer fins from the SS but removed the batt holder and the tail supports. The Extreme skids do not have a batt holder, so I just added velcro to the inside bottom of my canopy and just tuck the batt in there. Works like a charm, and now I don't have to remove the canopy to install or remove the batt.
I like the look of the Super Skids better, but the heli flys just as good, if not a bit better with the Extreme skids. Also the Extreme skids give it a pretty neat and different look.

I've flown 2 packs thru with these skids, and so far so good.

I'll keep you all posted.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
jdino2

jdino2

PostSubject: Extreme Skids   Extreme skids for HBFP I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:41 am

Donnie;

Check out the other recent post related to the HBFP...........
I have a photo there showing my set up which includes the Super skid boom stablizer bars and fins......I bought both sets, Extreme & Supr and mix/matched......
She flys real good...or as good as a bee can w/ stock head and motors orange6

Jdino2
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Extreme skids for HBFP   Extreme skids for HBFP I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:06 pm

i just put a pair of super skids on my falcon 40 and honey bee but the honey bee one rubs the main gear anyone else have this problem
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Extreme skids for HBFP   Extreme skids for HBFP I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:25 pm

I had no problem with mine.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
burton8012

PostSubject: Re: Extreme skids for HBFP   Extreme skids for HBFP I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 11:04 pm

i figured it out know what it was i followed the direction exactly with out really looking at the install as i went along and they made a mistake on the instruction i had to reverse the back mount so it wouldn't rub on this little part that was sticking out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Extreme skids for HBFP   Extreme skids for HBFP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Extreme skids for HBFP
Page 1 of 1