RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

HBFP DD Tail

Go down 
+2
Mozzy
pinguin6218
6 posters
AuthorMessage
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

HBFP DD Tail Empty
PostSubject: HBFP DD Tail   HBFP DD Tail I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 1:09 pm

I have seen somewhere on the web that someone do a DD tail on stock tail motor mount, but I didn't make note on the site. Does anybody knows where it is?

I also wandering, if I make a DD tail from GWS motor and propeller, and mount on the stock tail motor mount. The diameter of the GWS motor is 12mm, and it fit the stock with a little trim. And reverse the polarity of the cable connect to the esc. Do you think its going to work? Does it harm the motor because the direction the motor turn is reverse
Back to top Go down
Mozzy

Mozzy

HBFP DD Tail Empty
PostSubject: Xtreme direct tail kit   HBFP DD Tail I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:18 pm

Maybe this is also useful:

Miracle-Mart is selling Direct tail kits (mount, motor and prop) from Xtreme at $14,40. Haven't tried it myself yet though.
See this link.

Mozzy
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

HBFP DD Tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP DD Tail   HBFP DD Tail I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:39 pm

pinguin6218 wrote:
I have seen somewhere on the web that someone do a DD tail on stock tail motor mount, but I didn't make note on the site. Does anybody knows where it is?

I also wandering, if I make a DD tail from GWS motor and propeller, and mount on the stock tail motor mount. The diameter of the GWS motor is 12mm, and it fit the stock with a little trim. And reverse the polarity of the cable connect to the esc. Do you think its going to work? Does it harm the motor because the direction the motor turn is reverse

This is what I did to install a DD tail using the stock tail mount.

And reversing the wires to make the motor go the other direction is fine.

HBFP DD Tail DD_tail_mod_4

HBFP DD Tail SDC10676
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

HBFP DD Tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP DD Tail   HBFP DD Tail I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 12:34 am

How do you take off the stock tail motor mount from the tail boom?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

HBFP DD Tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP DD Tail   HBFP DD Tail I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:21 am

I used to just cut mine off, I never had luck with the whole "dipping the tail boom in hot/boiling water" thing
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

HBFP DD Tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP DD Tail   HBFP DD Tail I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:21 pm

Mark, why do you have to install the motor that way? Can't you just mount it on the stock motor mount? Is it because the shaft is not long enough?
Back to top Go down
burton8012

HBFP DD Tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP DD Tail   HBFP DD Tail I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:19 am

what is DD drive i just orderd a dd kit with the motor/ mount and other stuff for 15 bucks i have no idea what it it other then it looked cool does it handle any better with it or something?
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

HBFP DD Tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP DD Tail   HBFP DD Tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:03 am

Can you be more specific on what you're getting?

orange68
Back to top Go down
burton8012

HBFP DD Tail Empty
PostSubject: this is what im getting its the link someone has above   HBFP DD Tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 1:53 am

HBFP DD Tail Feature_bg

• With the Direct Drive Tail system, the tail will become more stable and consistent.
  • The
    size of this new DD motor is longer than the stock tail motor.
    Therefore, it provides better power and longer life time than the stock
    tail motor.

• It is suitable use on Honey Bee FP and CP.
  • The DD motor mount can be installed with the stock tail boom and 8mm tail boom (8mm boom adaptor is provided)

HBFP DD Tail Package_bg

• 1x DD tail motor
  • 1x DD tail Blade
  • 1x DD motor mount
  • 1x Tail Fins
  • 1x Tail Blade shaft and screws
  • 1x 8mm Tail boom adaptor
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

HBFP DD Tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP DD Tail   HBFP DD Tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 5:30 am

That is Xtreme DD tail?
You will get a more stable tail with it.
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

HBFP DD Tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP DD Tail   HBFP DD Tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:32 am

Yes, that is info from extreme DD tail :prop:
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

HBFP DD Tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP DD Tail   HBFP DD Tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 4:02 pm

Mozzy wrote:
Maybe this is also useful:

Miracle-Mart is selling Direct tail kits (mount, motor and prop) from Xtreme at $14,40. Haven't tried it myself yet though.
got mine from here and it`s GREAT :bigthumb:
a lot more power to the tail now :grinn:
Back to top Go down
burton8012

HBFP DD Tail Empty
PostSubject: HBFP AND FALCON 40 HEAD CONVERTION   HBFP DD Tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 5:32 pm

THIS DD SYSTEM SHOULD WORK ON THE FALCON 40 THEN I WOULD THINK? RIGHT?

THEY HAVE A FULL METAL HEAD FOR A HBFP WONDERING IF YOU CAN CONVERT A FALCON 40 HEAD TO A HBFH HEAD ANY THOUGHTS?
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

HBFP DD Tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP DD Tail   HBFP DD Tail I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 6:05 pm

Yes, extreme DD tail should work on falcon.
And yes you can convert falcon head to hb head. You will need to swap all parts except swashplate. It should still work with hb head. But if you want you can also swap swashplate :grinn:
Back to top Go down
burton8012

HBFP DD Tail Empty
PostSubject: DD motor its good but to delicate   HBFP DD Tail I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 1:08 pm

i just got this dd the other day the one listed above it works real well but im going back to stock tail motor cause this new motor is way to delicate due to the two capasiters (spelt wrong) they break so easy. plus the new tail mount box doesn't have that little stick that keeps the tail from smacking into the ground. if i were u i would not waste the time to buy this unless there is a better tail motor thats less delicate. after awhile with just a hard landings or maybe a one time light crash for some people who are skilled better at flying it still will break...
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

HBFP DD Tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP DD Tail   HBFP DD Tail I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 8:07 am

I just got my Xtreme DD tail and I manage to take off the stock motor tail holder.
I use a candle. Just heat the motor holder with candle and twist it. But you have to do it carefully, because the candle will melt the plastic.

I think you can also use a boiling water.

:clap:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HBFP DD Tail Empty
PostSubject: Re: HBFP DD Tail   HBFP DD Tail I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HBFP DD Tail
Page 1 of 1