RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Dumb question, but curious

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Dumb question, but curious Empty
PostSubject: Dumb question, but curious   Dumb question, but curious I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 8:35 am

signs127 I know most of you will think this is a dumb question, and I guess it doesn't matter, but why does rhe DX6i transmitter antenna (and I assume other 2.4G radios) have a joint in it? whatt

Just curious, orange78

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Dumb question, but curious   Dumb question, but curious I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 2:45 pm

both my DX6i and Exceed RC 2.4ghz tx's are like that, I can only assume its to make storing it easier.
Back to top Go down
zedron

PostSubject: Re: Dumb question, but curious   Dumb question, but curious I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 4:58 pm

Maybe when you wear it around your neck like some people do you can make sure the antenna is always pointed "up" instead of being pointed "out". Just my 2c
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Ant   Dumb question, but curious I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 7:28 pm

I think its so you can always point it up!! I don't think the ant. should be pointed right at the heli.. The radieo sig. come out the sides of the Ant. not out the end!! So the sides should be toward the heli
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Dumb question, but curious   Dumb question, but curious I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:05 pm

I think that's right.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ?   Dumb question, but curious I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:07 pm

I'm not toatally sure but I recall something to that effect!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Dumb question, but curious   Dumb question, but curious I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 8:23 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
I think its so you can always point it up!! I don't think the ant. should be pointed right at the heli.. The radieo sig. come out the sides of the Ant. not out the end!! So the sides should be toward the heli

sounds right to me
orange74
Back to top Go down
SergeyK

SergeyK

PostSubject: Re: Dumb question, but curious   Dumb question, but curious I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:30 pm

Actually, it is recommended to bend it horizontally instead of pointing up. The reason is in the direction that the antenna is pointing the signal is the weakest.

Sergey.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: correct   Dumb question, but curious I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 10:37 pm

Yes that is correct because the signal does not come out the tip, or the way its pointed
it comes out along the length,out the sides so to speak!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dumb question, but curious   Dumb question, but curious I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dumb question, but curious
Page 1 of 1