RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

My first full pack!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
branflake12

branflake12

My first full pack! Empty
PostSubject: My first full pack!   My first full pack! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:26 pm

Got the HBFP out in the open field tonight for the first time. I fired her up after a tune in session last night, and before I knew it the breeze got it and we were WAY above 100 ft up. I couldnt see the tail, but I knew if a chopped the throttle the tail always kicked left. After some sweaty hands I got her set down (upside down) about 300 yards from me. Nothing broke.

After that fiasco, i focused on my throttle control and doing touch and goes off of 1 cement square on the sidewalk. Just some bumpy landings, no more crashes for the rest of the pack. I think Im gonna like this!
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

PostSubject: Re: My first full pack!   My first full pack! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:28 pm

Yep the wind does like 'em orange71 navy1
Back to top Go down
Ryan S

Ryan S

PostSubject: Re: My first full pack!   My first full pack! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 8:09 pm

If you angle down the flybar paddles just a degree or two, the wind won't take the helicopter for a ride everytime you touch the cyclic. Also the 11.1v battery provides some more mass to the helicopter, but gives you the 'extra' power for more lift.
Back to top Go down
branflake12

branflake12

PostSubject: Re: My first full pack!   My first full pack! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 3:02 pm

I finished installing the Super Landing Gear from Helidirect (advertised as fitting a CP2 and HBFP). Took some modding to get it to fit right.

Im thinking that the added mass and new antenna routing should help the overall flight characteristics.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My first full pack!   My first full pack! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My first full pack!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 4ch FP and Co-Axial Helicopters-
Jump to: