RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Belt CP Horizontal Fin

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Golfxzq

Golfxzq

Belt CP Horizontal Fin Empty
PostSubject: Belt CP Horizontal Fin   Belt CP Horizontal Fin I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:50 am

Hi Y'all...

Pretty new at RC helicopters, only have a Belt CP... plenty of crashes but can finally hover and get it back on the ground without damage.

I have a question; In one of my recent hard landings the main rotor hit the horizontal tail fin and broke it off. Is this fin really necessary? I still have the two support tail bars in place. I suspect that their function is to help support the tail boom (is this correct, or not?).

Anyway... my main question; what is the function of the horizontal tail fin and is it really necessary?

Thanks for all the great help.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: nah   Belt CP Horizontal Fin I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 1:48 am

Nah at the place you decribe for yourself it will do nothing for you and it is questionable in my mind if it ever offers much..
Back to top Go down
Golfxzq

Golfxzq

PostSubject: Belt CP Horizontal Fin   Belt CP Horizontal Fin I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 1:58 am

Thanks Fatdaddy... that's sort of what I thought but I sure don't have the experience to know for sure. Before I flew without a fin and did more damage than normal I wanted to check it out with you guys that have the experience.

Great forum..
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: !!   Belt CP Horizontal Fin I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 2:17 am

No problem Bud, Just my thoughts on the matter!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Belt CP Horizontal Fin   Belt CP Horizontal Fin I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Belt CP Horizontal Fin
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: