RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

[Newbie] Next step

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

[Newbie] Next step Empty
PostSubject: [Newbie] Next step   [Newbie] Next step I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 8:12 am

What's the next step to learn after hover? From the tail in position, I can do FF and back.
Richard (hbk2flyer) told to do piro. It was easy on sim, but with real one, crash for sure. I try to do circle, boy, it's so hard. I can do circle, figure 8, etc on sim, but not with the real one. I think sim is 5 times easier than the real one.
Any sugestion?
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

[Newbie] Next step Empty
PostSubject: I agree!!   [Newbie] Next step I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 8:56 am

I agree with you about the simm. But some guys swear by it... I have not really used it for anything yet.. Someday when I'm ready to try inverted or some other 3D stuff it might be helpful to see the stiuck movements nessesary dto do it..
If I were you and what I've done is continue what you are doin. Circle around yourself, but not for too long then do a circle out in front of yourself. Add the fig. 8
I WOULD NOT worry about the piro yet!! I don't see any need for that and I agree about the almost cerinty of a crash!! But it sounds like your doing great so KEEP AT IT and don't give up !!!

GOOD LUCK!!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

[Newbie] Next step Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Newbie] Next step   [Newbie] Next step I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 10:10 am

pinguin6218 wrote:
What's the next step to learn after hover? From the tail in position, I can do FF and back.
Richard (hbk2flyer) told to do piro. It was easy on sim, but with real one, crash for sure. I try to do circle, boy, it's so hard. I can do circle, figure 8, etc on sim, but not with the real one. I think sim is 5 times easier than the real one.
Any sugestion?

hbk2flyer was right. You need to work on turning the heli around in place, a really slow pirohette. We're not talking about a superfast piro that pros do. nope, just nice and slow. It is critical that you know how to turn the heli around in place while hovering. Don't worry about hovering tail out until you can turn the heli all the way around, in place, without crashing.

Then work on tail out hovering as well as side in hovering.

Learning to hover is the hardest and most boring part of learning to fly. But trying to do anything except hover when you are first starting out is an accident waiting to happen.

After you understand how to hover in all directions, actually flying is easy.

I however, would not recommend hovering your heli and then start circling around yourself with it. You're far more likely to crash that way as opposed standing in a fixed position and always keeping the heli in front of you. Alot less likely to crash or hit yourself with your heli that way. But its different for everyone.

Whichever path you take to learn just remember to walk before you run and always have fun! orange74
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

[Newbie] Next step Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Newbie] Next step   [Newbie] Next step I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:35 pm

Actually learning to do very slow piro, it's like learning hover all in one, tail in, side in and nose in.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

[Newbie] Next step Empty
PostSubject: !!!   [Newbie] Next step I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:48 pm

Nuttsey is right on this one!!! I agree with him, a couple of my crashes were directly because I was flying AROUND myself!!
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

[Newbie] Next step Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Newbie] Next step   [Newbie] Next step I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 3:16 am

Today I was at a large open field with mild wind. I don't try to hover, but try to give it a try of forward flight. This is my first forward flight and make some circle. Ever there are some crashes, but I was happy that I can fly the heli.

But I will still going to work on the piro.

Thanks for you guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Newbie] Next step Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Newbie] Next step   [Newbie] Next step I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Newbie] Next step
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: General RC Questions-
Jump to: