RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Heli troubles---HELP!!!

Go down 
+2
Fatdaddy
Donnie D
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

Heli troubles---HELP!!! Empty
PostSubject: Heli troubles---HELP!!!   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 7:52 pm

I think I messed up big time. The other day after I flew my helis, I accidentally left my DX6i on and ran my batts completely down. Went out to fly and no go.

Anyway, I charged it back up and today I went out to fly my Belt CP and noticed right away the heli wasn't behaving right. The rudder seemed to be reversed and the heli was handeling weird. I should have stopped right then but I tried to get things right outside and kept trying the heli and had a hard landing and broke my flybar case, horizontal fin and hopefully that is all. probably a bent feathering shaft.

Could it be that I lost the bind with the rx or maybe got the settings for my E-Smart on the Belt?

Thank goodness I didn't try to fly the E-Smart.

HELP!!

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ????   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 8:46 pm

Hmmmm, Sounds fishy!! Never heard of that. I think if you lost the bind you would not gotten any sig. thru and never been able to take off. Have to think bout this!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Heli troubles---HELP!!!   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 8:54 pm

Hey Donnie, Have you checked the settings to see if they have changed?

I had bad problems with my first DX6I. It worked well when I first got it and only after I sent it in for the recall did I have problems. I had experienced the same problems you mentioned when I got it back the 2nd time. Switches were reversed everthing was just odd.

After sending it in the 3rd time they replaced it with new and I havnt had that problem yet. I did however leave the TX on untill it freaked out and started beeping like crazy to tell me it needed to be charged but worked fine after charging.

Sorry about the crash. I might have done the same thing you did though but without the crash. Just kidding....

Anyway I just wanted to tell you when mine did that I had it replaced through Horizon hobby.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Heli troubles---HELP!!!   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 8:57 pm

I would first copy your settings down. Then wipe out or clear the one you have OR create a new model and try new settings. If that dont work then something is really bad like mine was and you will want to think about sending it in......
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Heli troubles---HELP!!!   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 9:34 pm

It's like it changed some of my Belt CP settings to some of my E-Smart settings. Not all, just some. For instance I noticed that the throttle servo was reversed and my setting for the sub trim was the same as I had it set for the E-Smart.

I have gone thru it and reset everything like it was before (I had written down all the settings for both helis)

Do you think I just need to rebind both models?

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: binding   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 10:12 pm

If when you turn on the TX then plug in the battery and the heli responds to yo0ur inputs, then you do not need to bind! If it wasen't bound you would get no responce from the heli! Maybe from being so dead, the TX went a little crazy and reset things a bit. I'd reset the settings in the Tx and try it..But It only takes a sec. to bind and it won't hurt to do it, if it bothers you then go ahead and rebind them!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Heli troubles---HELP!!!   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 10:57 pm

I think you might be right FD. I've gotta make the mechanical repairs to the Belt CP before I can try it, but tomorrow I think I'll strap the E-Smart to my test stand and see how it behaves. I've allready redone all of the settings for both helis in the DX6i and if it acts funny, I'll rebind them both.

Bet I don't leave it on and run those batts down again.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

PostSubject: Re: Heli troubles---HELP!!!   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:17 am

Just a thought. (I don't have one of those Txs) But if a computer or a cell phone runs out of battery and shuts down improperly, sometimes they have to be reset because they lose part of your input. Could this have happened to the Tx? There maybe a small hole in the case that has a reset button and then you can start over with your inputs and binding. Again this is just a thought because I know nothing about that particular Tx. navy1
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: OH NO!!   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 10:59 am

There may be a reset but I would NOT do that unless it is locked up tight!!! Resetting like that would reset ALL settings bacdk to the factory default!!! That means for ALL models!!!! I've 6 set up in my DX& and would NOT want to have to redo them!!
DD I think your on the right track with your last post...
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Heli troubles---HELP!!!   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:33 am

After looking at the settings, it looks like the tx put some of the E-Smart settings to the Belt. All of the E-Smart settings stayed the same, but some of the Belt settings changed to E-Smart settings. When I left the Tx on and the batt ran down, it was set on E-Smart.

I've got all of the settings redone, and after church, I'm gonna strap the E-Smart to my bench and spool it up and see if it is OK. I'll have to wait till I make my mechanical repairs to the Belt to check it the same way. I needed to go back thru basic set up on it anyway. If I don't have it all done by the funfly, maybe I can get some help from you guys.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: FF Clinic   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 12:15 pm

Yo DD Why don't you NOT do the repairs and bring it to the FF and we will use it for the demo on head set up and tuning that I'm gonna do?? I alos have the "G" that is at that point and the "E" that was going to Norway is packed in a box that needs it to.. But if you would like me to do it with your belt too I'm ok with that!!
I'm thinking of doing a "class"LOL on the set up starting from centering the servos right thru final flight test including the tail serve set up.. As you would need to do with a NEW build!! I'm gonna use the "G" for that!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Heli troubles---HELP!!!   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 2:06 pm

Might just do that.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: OK   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 2:17 pm

Thaty would be cool!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Heli troubles---HELP!!!   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:59 pm

On the DX6i you can only reset 1 model at a time, not the enitre Tx, need to send it back to Spektrum to get that done, but if you're having any kinds of issues then you need to start at the beginning again, bind, check servos, etc. it sucks but it has to be done.

This is another example of why you don't fly if your Tx is acting funny. Always recheck ALL settings if something doesn't seem right.

This is an OLD video of mine, over a year old.

Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Heli troubles---HELP!!!   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 6:31 pm

The only two models I have on the DX6i are the Belt and the E-Smart. It appears that the E-Smart is still ok. The settings stayed the same and I powered it up with the motor unplugged and everything moves in the right direction. I will spin it up strapped to my work bench and double check everything before I try to fly it.

I reset the settings in the Tx for my Belt, but I have not powered it up yet as I have to make some mechanical repairs and will have to go thru the whole set up procedure again anyway.

If I rebind it before I set it up do you think I will be OK?

I may wait and do that at the funfly.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Cool   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 8:20 pm

I'll have the camara ready!!!LOL
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Heli troubles---HELP!!!   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:43 pm

Well I strapped my E-Smart to my test stand and spun it up to check it out after my Tx battery boo boo. Everything checked out good so I went ahead and ran two batts thru it in my back yard and she flys great. WHEW!!! Boy the old pucker factor was in full effect when I first lifted off, but everything went great.

Maybe you guys can help me ge my beloved Belt CP back in operation at the funfly.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: OH YEA!!!   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 8:52 pm

BRING IT ON!!!! I love a challenge!!! I can almost promise it will fly like an eagle!!!
LOL I'm very excited for it!!! Bring everything!!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Heli troubles---HELP!!!   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 9:27 pm

It's not too bad. I'm just looking forward to getting it set up better than I have benn able to. I'm hoping to learn a lot at the funfly. And meet all you folks and have some fun.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: GOOD   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 9:46 pm

I was really hopping that someone was gonna want to learn about head set-up and tuning!! Not that I'm the only one that can do it but theyt seem to come out just right the way I do it.. God knows I've done and redone it enough times. My plan was to go thru the complete job. From leveling the swash to assem. settin at 90' and everything equal.. 0 pitch at 50% in Idleup and on and on and on !!!! I guess the proof will be when she spins and NO blade tracking will be needed!!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Heli troubles---HELP!!!   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 10:11 pm

orange71 Sounds good to me.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: VERY COOL   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 10:18 pm

So we will have the "G" if I done get that done , and yours and the metal "E" I was gonna ship to norway. I'm gonna unpack it reassemble it, set up everything including tail servo adj. all the head and spin it up if I can come up with a spare AR7000..
So anyway we should have plenty to mess with!!! This is gonna be so much fun!!!
Back to top Go down
pevr

pevr

PostSubject: Re: Heli troubles---HELP!!!   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 10:48 am

Hi Donnie,

Looks like your transmitter is having a software problem. I had the same problem and sent it back to the factory. New software update and the problem was gone. Works perfect now. Go to the site and read about it. Check the serienumber on your transmitter. No money involved it is service from the factory.

Good luck

Peter
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Heli troubles---HELP!!!   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:28 am

I think, (hope) I have the TX problem corrected.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
pevr

pevr

PostSubject: Re: Heli troubles---HELP!!!   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 11:46 am

Hi Donnie,

When I had the problem, my heli went for the sky. Looked like a rocket. But what goes up has to come down. slaphead

Never had any problem before. I did some car racing in the past en used 2,4 there as well. Never had any problem with 2,4 before.

I'll hope that was the last problem I had with the Tx. Tommorow I will fly my new heli (Spirit Li) and I don't like having problems with the Tx with that Heli

pevr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heli troubles---HELP!!!   Heli troubles---HELP!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heli troubles---HELP!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: