RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Brushless motor for exi 450

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

Brushless motor for exi 450 Empty
PostSubject: Brushless motor for exi 450   Brushless motor for exi 450 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2009 11:29 pm

Hey guys , i need your help here. I crashed my exi today and fried my motor (alpha400) Unfortunately, Xheli ran out of the alpha 400 . they will be restocking for the next 3 weeks.

Is there any motor powerful than the alpha 400 ? Or if you guys know any website where i can order that"ll be good. If there's a better motor that will fit for the exi kit, please provide a link . I just need this asap, i have to go to a park with my buddies coming saturday. thank you
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: motor   Brushless motor for exi 450 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 1:24 pm

I've been using the Scorpion's in everything now and love them.. Theyu are not the cheapest buy they got tons of power.. Many to choose from too... The 450 class uses the 2221 series.. you just decide what rpm/v you want!! Helidirect has them and they are very quick!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Brushless motor for exi 450   Brushless motor for exi 450 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:51 pm

you could try this motor, seems to have good reviews and is only $20

http://www.helidirect.com/450hdx-3550kv-brushless-motors-fan-317mm-trexhdx450-p-1460.hdx

Brushless motor for exi 450 3350a
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: Brushless motor for exi 450   Brushless motor for exi 450 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:46 am

Thanks MArc And thank you Fatdaddy for the links.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Sure   Brushless motor for exi 450 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:08 am

Any time! I just hope we are some help!! I know picking the right motor can be a nightmare!!! I think you really must be honest with yourself about how well you fly and pick the motor that best fits your power requirements.

WOW!! I'm not a good one to be making a statement like that!!! ALL my helis are WAY WAY over powered for my ability!!!LOL
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: Brushless motor for exi 450   Brushless motor for exi 450 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 12:55 pm

I fly ok. I just do basic 3d such as front and forward flip and just a little invert flying. I'm still practicing a lot on my sim, soon hopefully I get better. Dude I wish I ould make it to funfly, itls just my work I have a. Seminar to attend to. Maybe next time, ill fly over there .
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: FLYING   Brushless motor for exi 450 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 1:14 pm

Well your further along with your flying than I'm I'm still struggling with forward flight some. and the nose in hoover,, forget that dude, I might as well use a hammer on and not waste the battery!!!LOL
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: Brushless motor for exi 450   Brushless motor for exi 450 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 12:40 am

Trust me , you have no idea how many shafts and blades ive destroyed. I ve been there. But you just have to break the ice sometimes. As long as you know your heli orientations, you will be ver happy flying your helis. The only challenge is that, there's so much tricks we have to learn. but it's the greatest hobby in the world. After we learn and master one thing, there's always another tricks we have to learn. if you can nose in hover, that's it ! your ready for the figure 8 flying, then after that, 3d mode flying. Good luck man !!! Thanks again for your help... orange74
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: Brushless motor for exi 450   Brushless motor for exi 450 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 10:14 pm

i have the motor nut posted, yes it a very smooth powerful motor, i have other 3500kv ones and not as smooth and power with same pinion

if you see sonic 3500kv motor it is the same one, price about the same, just get it from helidirect, great service and fast shipping

-pete
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: Brushless motor for exi 450   Brushless motor for exi 450 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 12:41 am

thanks bro orange68
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brushless motor for exi 450   Brushless motor for exi 450 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Brushless motor for exi 450
Page 1 of 1