Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Share | 

OK, It's nose in or bust

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

PostSubject: OK, It's nose in or bust   Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:48 pm

I can fly my HBFP pretty good in most any direction if I take it slow and easy and concentrate until my eyes bleed, and can do the same to a lesser extent with my Belt and E-Smart. I can hover pretty well in all directions except nose in, so now I'm determined to learn that. It's my own fault for not leaening yet, because instead of concentrating on nose in, I wanted to fly around.'

From now until I master nose in, my HBFP flights are gonna be strictly dedicated learning nose in hovering. No ff with it until I master nose in. Only way I'll ever learn is to just do it.

Thanks for listening,

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
jdino2

PostSubject: Nose in Flying   Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:02 am

Donnie;

It's a left brain vs right brain thing....I have the same issue......
Now don't laugh to hard at this......but it has worked for me........
I had an old closet door floor mirror laying around in the garage and a brain fart that sparked my imagination........
I took the old mirror, closed my garage door and propted the mirror against it.....
Set the heli down a few feet away from the mirror, nose towards me and concentrated on the tail in the mirror while maintaining a 3' hover.
Yes I was tempted to look at the heli and not the mirror, but when I focused all my attention the mirror image and paid attention to the the TX, within two battery packs I was flying nose in forward/back left and right with a lot more confidence......
I still have some issues to overcome but I don't practice hover with tail in anymore....

Just a thought.........

Jdino2
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Yea Right!!!   Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:24 pm

Yo DD Who you kiddin??? You will be flying around like you have!! Same as me!!! I really need to get the nose in myself!!! But we'll just have to fit that in!!!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:09 pm

It's just that it's so much more fun to actually move the thing around a little.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
P3tras

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:20 pm

I think you should learn nose in on belt cp orange68 I am also trying to get really comfortable with nose in too. I do like this: Get the heli in the air at tail in. Then slowly go to side in (hover few secs). After going side in and hovering some time go slowly nose in (really slowly) and try to hover. If you lose orientation quickly go back to tail in. That is how I am learning. Never broke any parts learning side and nose in orange68 Good luck with nose in. It is really hard.
Hope you understand my Linglish explanation orange73
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:26 pm

That's basicly what I'm doing, except I'm bolder with it with my HBFP and I don't go quite as far around with the Belt or the E-Smart, although it probably is easier with them.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

PostSubject: HAHA   Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:09 pm

Yea don't count on it. When you get a "E" in the air, in hover, screaming. and then you spin it around so it is POINTING AT YOU, well makes you want to turn round and run!!!!

Just got back from the Air port!!! The Chief is here!!! Let The FunFly begin!!!!
Back to top Go down
GW

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:15 pm

Donnie D,
I'm also learnig nose in and here is something that may help.
Which ever way the heli is moving, move your stick the same way to stop the movement. In other words if the heli is drifting left, move your stick left, if it moves right, move your stick right, if the nose starts moving up, move your stick up and if the nose is going down, move the stick down.
This is helping out alot for me. I'm still using the sim to practice with as it saves in the repair cost, but sim time still creates muscle memory and is alot cheaper on the wallet.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:30 am

I'll give it a try.

Thanks,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:32 am

I've got to learn nose in hovering, or I'm never gonna progress much further.
So I'm back to dedicating my HBFP to learning nose in. So far so good. Getting there. Wish me luck.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Nose in!!   Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:53 am

Ok DD I really need to really start working on that too!!!! I really have not worked on that at all!!!! But you really CAN fly around quite a lot without doing nose in...But I find that I fly backwards a lot!!!! Just to avoid that !!! Hey its a great way to set up your gyro!!!!LOL!!!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:46 pm

Oh yeah, I can and have been flying around a lot more lately. I can even fly fairly close (within say 30 degrees) to nose in a short distance. BUT, I know I'll only progress so far until I nail down nose in hovering. It's just so boring to just hover.

So, every morning before work I try to hover at least one batt thru my HBFP trying to slowly progress from side to nose in.

I'll get there if I just keep it up. I'll just bite the bullet and do it.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

PostSubject: nose in!!   Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:49 pm

OH YEA!!! I really got to keep at it too!
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:18 pm

hey DD,
as your fairly experienced with flying around you`ll be used to just making tiny movements with the sticks.
i was kinda the same so to learn nose-in all i did was keep the `Bee` pretty low,hovering tail-in as steady as you can.
then i`d SLOWLY spin it round to face me,tiny stick movements so they are easy to correct.
when it started getting away from me and i had to give BIG`ish stick movement i`d just land,cuss a bit,a deep relaxing breath and start over again.
doing it this way didn`t seem to take me too long before i`d cracked it,but boy it was maddening/frustrating as hell until i got there orange58
every time i take off nose-in now i think about my NOOB days when i thought that was ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE orange80
just my penny-worth orange74
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:39 am

HEY HEY HEY!!! I'm gettin there. I'm real close. :prop: I'm so thankful I've got my HBFP to learn this nose in stuff on. It's the perfect trainer. I'm gonna have this nailed in just a few more batts. :giggle: I now believe this actually IS possable for an old dude like me.orange72 :chickendance:

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

PostSubject: NOSE IN !!!   Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:59 am

VERY COOL Bud!!!!! I'm very happy for you!!!!! I wish I could say the same thing but I have not been spending much time on it. I just seem to want to fly!!!! But I will have the Screamer 480 flying today, so I will have MY trainer back!! I have not been able to get a mian sheft(6mm) for it so I MADE one myself and it came out perfect!!!!
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:13 pm

well done DD :grinn: how did you manage it orange78
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:30 pm

247rememberme wrote:
well done DD :grinn: how did you manage it orange78

I just made up my mind to only practice gradually moving from side in to nose in with my HBFP. I try to run at least one batt thru it a day doing that. BUT, I'm not there yet, but I'm getting close.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:56 am

GW wrote:
Donnie D,
I'm also learnig nose in and here is something that may help.
Which ever way the heli is moving, move your stick the same way to stop the movement. In other words if the heli is drifting left, move your stick left, if it moves right, move your stick right, if the nose starts moving up, move your stick up and if the nose is going down, move the stick down.
This is helping out alot for me. I'm still using the sim to practice with as it saves in the repair cost, but sim time still creates muscle memory and is alot cheaper on the wallet.

This is how i learned my nose in. once you know how to fly nose in, you will never have aby problem flying your heli everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

PostSubject: NOSE   Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:31 am

How you do it??
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:42 am

ok as soon as you are in nose in position, the heli orientation is pretty easy, So, like i said, when you are in nose position, if the helidrifts to the left, you need to apply left cyclic also, so if the heli drifts right, then apply right cyclic to correct it. this goes if the helicopterfalls back, then you apply up cyclic, if the helicopter comes clos to you , then apply down cyclic. right? it's pretty simple, All you have to do is focus and do not be disturbed. Make sure you concentrate with your hand coordination. try this at the sim if you're not comfortable in actual flying,. Ive read a lot of advices, and for me, this is the best way to learn nose in. Oh yeah, try flying a little high so if you get disoriented, you can always recover from it. Good luck. Ill be going to the field 2mrw, ill try to explain how to fly nose in with my helicopter flying. good luck. :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:29 am

I'm actually doing it just a bit differant. I try to think of the inputs I need to make as if I were in the heli. In other words if the heli drifts to IT"S right, I think left input etc. I try to think of the inputs I need to make according to the heli's movement relative to itself rather than relative to me.

I'm sure THAT made a lot of sense.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
djem

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:35 am

I've started to try flying nose in like Blackrain did and later i combined it with the way DD did nose in (sitting on the seat in the heli) and it works for me. (hope you understand what i try to explane, because my english is :crylaugh: orange51 )
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Nose in   Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:12 am

Yes I understand!!! I also do it as DD!!!! And I'm gonna try a combo of the two!!
Thanks guys!!!!
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:17 pm

i didn`t THINK too much at all whilst learning this,just kinda let my fingers do the THINKING Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

PostSubject: OK   Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:41 pm

OK I think that is really GREAT advise!!!! I kinda was hoping that it wopuld work out that way.... Been waiting to get my Screamer 480 flyin again.. Thats kinda my trainer/try out new things!!! Had a problem gettin a main shaft......So I made one and it was way easier than I thought!!!! I just hope I don't bend it to quick!!!! I'm really ready to try a roll.... Loop too.... the screamer is the one!!!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:19 am

Sometimes I think it is a good idea to take a few days off from flying. The weather here has been really bad for over a week. Windy, rainey or both. Also I was having some lift problems with my HBFP that I finally fixed last night. This morning I decided to resume my nose in practice, expecting to basicly have to start over because I haven't flown for several days. Not so. My best attempts ever. Was even able to hover completely nose in for a couple of seconds a couple of times. I'm gettin there. :clap:

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
jstarks

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:32 am

Keep it up DD! :bigthumb:

I havent started nose in yet so, I have been watching this thread to get some pointers and real life feed back from someone that is going thru it.

Good Luck and dont crash!!!!! :prop:

J.
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:57 am

ain`t it a buzz seeing your heli hovering in front of you nose-in :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:23 pm

It sure is.

Donnie D
Back to top Go down