RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

OK, It's nose in or bust

Go down 
+7
blackrain0119
247rememberme
GW
P3tras
Fatdaddy
jdino2
Donnie D
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Donnie D

Donnie D

OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 8:15 am

OK, my idea of dedicating my HBFP to learn nose in hovering is paying off. I'm actually able to hover nose in for several seconds at the time. When I can hover nose in thru a whole batt (5 or 6 min) comfortably, then I'll be satisfied.

Great thing about using the HBFP for this is, I just finished a practice session. Once during it I got a bit disorented and over reacted and came down kind of hard. No damage, but hard enough to knock one of the paddles out of adjustment. I just zip out my handy little screwdriver, make about a 30 second adjustment, and I'm back in business. I love my Belt CP and E-Smart to death but if that had happened with either of them, I expect I'd be down for awhile and I'd be digging intp my parts inventory for some repairs. Gotta love that HBFP.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:03 pm

well done DD :clap:

a little piece of advice here,don`t forget how to hover tail-in :giggle:

that may well sound strange but when i was doing nose-in all the time i swear it`s true; i struggled tail-in for a while after Crazysmile

maybe that`s just me,i did find it real funny though! :crylaugh:
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:02 pm

No problem there. When I'm practicing nose in I spin back to tail in often enough to stay in practice, that's for sure.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 2:57 pm

maybe it`s just the way i learnt but that may be slowing your progress.
when i was doing it that`s all i did,if i was losing it i landed and started from scratch again.

wait `til you can take off nose-in..........AWESOME smiley-happy057
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 8:25 am

Ok, my best attempts yet. Just ran two batts thru my HBFP and I now can hover nose in for several seconds at the time but you better believe it takes every bit of concentration I can muster up. Also I start out tail in, yaw the heli left to side in, and then yaw on around to nose in. Haven't tried yawing right for this yet, but I'll start doing that when I'm comfortable with what I'm doing now, and don't have to concentrate so hard. I'm gettin there though.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2009 11:29 pm

Using my HBFP to learn nose in was a good move. A month ago I thought I would never be able to learn nose in, what with my age and the fact that I'm all thumbs, literally. Now I can hover nose for several seconds at the time and the main improvement I have made over the last few days is that I now can usually recover when I lose orentation without spinning back to tail in. That is quite an improvement for me. I'm still not comfortabole with nose in by a long shot, but this method of learning it has worked well so far. I highly recommend it.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 4:45 pm

i think once you lose the `FEAR FACTOR` of nose-in it gets easier anyway.

well done DD,it gets easier from now on :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 5:22 pm

Feels good when you actually are able to do it even for a few seconds.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 1:58 pm

try taking off nose-in DD............AWESOME........ :bigthumb:
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 1:59 pm

I've taken off and landed close to nose in but not completely nose in. Real cool. Great feeling. :giggle: orange71

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 8:05 am

Just ran a batt thru my HBFP for nose in practice. Almost the whole battery nose in. Still had to spin back to tail or side in a few times and landed once to give my brain a break, by I'd say at least 85% to 90% if the batt (about 7 minutes) was nose in. Still not there yet, still takes every bit of concentration I can muster up and very stressfull, but my best battery yet. :clap: :giggle: :bigthumb:

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 3:42 pm

Donnie D wrote:
landed once to give my brain a break

yeah,it`s surprising that it does that,the tiny stick movements make my fingers ache too orange4
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:29 pm

I'm still at the point that it takes ALL of my concentration.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 3:39 pm

:crylaugh: :crylaugh: same for us all i think :giggle:
Back to top Go down
davesheli

davesheli

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:04 pm

Donnie D wrote:
I'm still at the point that it takes ALL of my concentration.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

That just may be my whole problem with trying to hover now, not much concentration going on.... Crazysmile headbeat orange80
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 10:06 pm

I tell you, sometimes it will make you break out in a sweat.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 5:05 pm

Donnie D wrote:
I tell you, sometimes it will make you break out in a sweat.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

Hey DD... maybe this is a way late response. But if helps...

I can do way better the nose in than the tail in :giggle: I did some nose in´s with my HFP2 now i have it... but with the one i learned alot to do nose in was... with my Dauphin.

I know, it is a coaxial, not the same... but for work in the brain sides thing, it is great.

Now I am more concerned in keep it hovering the HB than where my brain is thinking about right or left.

If you think it is helpfull, give it a try with ur Dauphin.

Greetings!.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 5:30 pm

I'm getting better, but I'm still not as comfortable as I would like to be with it. Just takes time and lots of practice.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Bert

Bert

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 5:45 pm

Donnie D wrote:
I'm getting better, but I'm still not as comfortable as I would like to be with it. Just takes time and lots of practice.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

My grandma (RIP) used to say "Berty, it is more easy if you feel it than if you think it". So thats why I just take the baby and fly it up. Sometimes I need to be focused in the controls, and sometimes I take the risk and I let it go (like flying the HBFP with 9 knots of gust, the lil cricket goes up and down :prop: )

I started to learn in the Dauphin nose in's, cuz since kid I loved how the Airwolf looked in front of the T.V. (thats why I'm learning, the goal is an Airwolf scale to fly around the town and look the ppl's mouth drooling :crylaugh: )

Just my humble opinion... the HB is a tank (certified with strong gusts), maybe just let it feel it.

Regards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OK, It's nose in or bust   OK, It's nose in or bust - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OK, It's nose in or bust
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 4ch FP and Co-Axial Helicopters-
Jump to: