RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

need help choosing brushlessmotor

Go down 
+4
meanbaby
Memoza
Nuttcaze
blackrain0119
8 posters
AuthorMessage
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

need help choosing brushlessmotor Empty
PostSubject: need help choosing brushlessmotor   need help choosing brushlessmotor I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 2:55 am

Hey guys, I need help choosing the right brushless motor for my exi kit. I am aware of the alpha 400 but xheli is out of stock. What's a good and powerful motor that will fit into me 450 exi? I tried helidirect that nuttcaze provided but itls out of stock, any suggextions? I like more power and high rpm and about 50 - 60 bucks the most. If there is a lot cheaper thatwould be great. Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing brushlessmotor   need help choosing brushlessmotor I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 9:53 am

maybe try this

JGF 450F 3450KV Brushless Outrunner Motor - $55.95 - http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/1616

need help choosing brushlessmotor JGF450F

I think this might work too - http://www.helidirect.com/align-450m-brushless-motor3500kv-rcmbl450m-p-13240.hdx

need help choosing brushlessmotor KX850177

also look here - http://www.hobbypartz.com/450brmo.html
Back to top Go down
Memoza

Memoza

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing brushlessmotor   need help choosing brushlessmotor I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 12:46 pm

I also just got my exi from xheli with a free case (damn you Nuttcaze signs101 ) since it's a copy of a Align T-rex 450 anything that fits T-rex will fit exi.

Personally I would for sure go with the Align 450M or 430XL for 3D
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing brushlessmotor   need help choosing brushlessmotor I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 4:01 pm

one of my heli's i was flying this weekend was this motor, cheap and good
http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet/the-485/trex-3dx450-sonix-new/Detail

had tons of punch and ran cool to the touch using a 13t on it

-pete
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing brushlessmotor   need help choosing brushlessmotor I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:15 am

Would you mind giving a rundown of the rest of your power system?

Battery, ESC, BEC?

Your CopterX really flew great and had tons of power.

I balanced my blades today. That helped A LOT! One of them was about a gram heavier than the other and the CGs were off. Really flies smooth now!!
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing brushlessmotor   need help choosing brushlessmotor I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:37 am

thank you guy s for the input. I decided to get the align 450m. Then i'll go for the 430xl next time since this motor has way more rpm. (3700) So ill post some vid soon as soon as i finish building her. Thanks again Guys!
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing brushlessmotor   need help choosing brushlessmotor I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:08 am

meanbaby, I wanted to get one of those Motor, But helidirect ran out. I decided to get that since helidirect has on, And I wanted ASAP so ordering at the other state will take A little more time. So Thank you for helping out . BTW, great vids on the funfly!
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing brushlessmotor   need help choosing brushlessmotor I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:00 pm

thanks Blackrain!

6by2, on the copterx has following, with links

motor turnigy 3700kv
http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8137
running with a 11t pin 13 is way too much hs

blades was ebay 5 pair woodies for 15$ deals

esc 50a supersimple
http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=6459&Product_Name=Hobbyking_SS_Series_40-50A_ESC

battery 2200mah flightmax/zippy 20c
http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8932&Product_Name=Turnigy_2200mAh_3S_20C_Lipo_Pack

ubec
http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=4319&Product_Name=TURNIGY_3A_UBEC_w/_Noise_Reduction

this setup as you saw gave me great power whenever i needed, like a few times :)

-pete
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing brushlessmotor   need help choosing brushlessmotor I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 12:03 pm

blackrain0119 wrote:
meanbaby, I wanted to get one of those Motor, But helidirect ran out. I decided to get that since helidirect has on, And I wanted ASAP so ordering at the other state will take A little more time. So Thank you for helping out . BTW, great vids on the funfly!

ya, thats where i original got mines too.

xmseller has good shipping, when i order from him it took 4 days to get to me

-pete
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing brushlessmotor   need help choosing brushlessmotor I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:45 pm

Thanks Pete.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: motors   need help choosing brushlessmotor I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:30 pm

At HeliDirect check out the Scorpions!! 2221 series I believe for the 450 class!! The 3000kv is a very powerful motor and the one I use in my screamer!! All the Scorp's have super power!!! Remember, the lower KV are the more powerful motors!!!
The 2221 scorpion is around the price your lookin for too. They are very high quility peices.
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing brushlessmotor   need help choosing brushlessmotor I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:47 pm

meanbaby,

would you recommend the esc, ubec, tringy batt you listed for my Belt CP v2 that has Esky 450 motor?

I am about to replace my original ESC on it because it runs hot and makes motor and battery run hot too.

I also bought some Green Power 1800 ma batteries from hobbyparz and they are really bad in my opinion. They work ok for about 5 mins then one cell goes below 2.4 volts and the other start to get higher voltages.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: ESC   need help choosing brushlessmotor I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:55 pm

Just for your info, I use the HobbyWing Platinum 40A . It works super, is reasonable in price(I think) and never gets hot even when I run my 4S packs!!!
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing brushlessmotor   need help choosing brushlessmotor I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:13 pm

Yo fatdaddy, I didn't know that the lower kv are more powerful. I really thought that higher kv means higher power. Can you explain this to me why? Thanks dude!
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing brushlessmotor   need help choosing brushlessmotor I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:55 pm

flagmax wrote:
meanbaby,

would you recommend the esc, ubec, tringy batt you listed for my Belt CP v2 that has Esky 450 motor?

I am about to replace my original ESC on it because it runs hot and makes motor and battery run hot too.

I also bought some Green Power 1800 ma batteries from hobbyparz and they are really bad in my opinion. They work ok for about 5 mins then one cell goes below 2.4 volts and the other start to get higher voltages.

imo, yes they all will work great

oo i also us there mg 14 metak gear servos for 7 and change, very good center, torguie(sp) and cheap! on rcg people who use them compare them with the more expensive hs's

http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9392

-pete
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: motor power   need help choosing brushlessmotor I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:23 pm

Well I'm not sure of the tcchanical reason but they deliver more toqure than a higher spinning motor. So you just use a bigger pinnion to get the head speed you want. I think it has to do with the size of the magnets. less magnets and they can be bigger.
Back to top Go down
SergeyK

SergeyK

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing brushlessmotor   need help choosing brushlessmotor I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:23 pm

blackrain0119 wrote:
Yo fatdaddy, I didn't know that the lower kv are more powerful. I really thought that higher kv means higher power. Can you explain this to me why? Thanks dude!

Well. it depends on what you're comparing. A larger more powerful motor would typically have a lower Kv (I'm not sure but I think if you make the same number of turns, a bigger stator will give a lower Kv).
However, if you take the same stator, the lower number of turns will have lower resistance and thus capable of higher current without overheating, thus producing a more powerful motor, and this motor will have higher Kv. But it will also be less efficient, requiring more current to maintain the same power output.

Sergey.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help choosing brushlessmotor   need help choosing brushlessmotor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need help choosing brushlessmotor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: