RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Reverse Crash

Go down 
+3
SergeyK
Fatdaddy
branflake12
7 posters
AuthorMessage
branflake12

branflake12

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:57 pm

So last night out by the garage i had just loaded my second pack into the bee, and as i stood up the saftey break on my TX lanyard gave out and my radio went clattering to the concrete. Broke the battery door and batteries went flying everywhere. The antenna inexplicably bent in 3 separate directions and the whole unit looks like it got in a fight with a bench grinder. Sigh. orange83 THe heli started servo twitching and rushed over and ripped the canpoy off and yanked the battery. Got everything all situated and she flew fine. Only 1 crash on the bird! I need a better/stronger lanyard. This hobby is full of surprises. I hovered an entire pack tail in (about 8 minutes) in about a 12x12x8 box. I want a belt driven tail badly.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: belt tail   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:33 pm

Check with Sergey,, or Ivan the terrible!! He has a very nice belt set up in his HBFP
Back to top Go down
SergeyK

SergeyK

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:37 pm

If you're just hovering, I would not convert to the belt just yet. Having a twitchy tail actually helps build a good reflex. And for forward flight, the motor tail works quite nicely. It is when you start doing stall turns or flying backwards that the good tail becomes important.
I think the most popular kit nowadays is GuruZ.

I have a FreeStyle Hobby conversion kit from Australia on mine. It is lighter (as there is no separate frame, everything is bolted onto the existing HBFP frame), but it was rather expensive.

Sergey.
Back to top Go down
branflake12

branflake12

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:28 pm

Thanks for the tips. I was thinking more ...Belt CP, instead of tinkering with the bee too much. I have noticed it does not handle backwards flight well at all, always yaws one direction or another.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: I agree   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:40 pm

I personally agree that it makes much, much more sense to go with a CP heli and not waste money on the HBFP, but some guys love it and love to do all the mods that they can!!!! So it really is up to you as to what you want!!
Back to top Go down
branflake12

branflake12

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:01 pm

Im with daddy. my bee is teaching me what i want in the next bird, its not a mod platform for me. I have seen it tricked out, but its still a FP 350 size bird. My plan at the moment is a belt CP, then either a trex clone or a gaui 250/other micro CP.
Back to top Go down
SergeyK

SergeyK

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:39 pm

If you are at the stage where you can comfortably fly circuits, go for CP. If not yet, just fly FP as is.
The advantage of FP is its ability to crash with no or little damage, allowing you to push yourself beyond your comfort zone and thus progress quickly.
I believe if Fatdaddy flew an FP some more (which is still not too late to do), he would be zooming his nice ES600 and Outrage across his filed. Because his biggest obstacle now is fear.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:44 pm

SergeyK wrote:

The advantage of FP is its ability to crash with no or little damage, allowing you to push yourself beyond your comfort zone and thus progress quickly.

smiley-signs064 smiley-signs064 smiley-signs064
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Yea Me Too   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:54 pm

Yea I also agree!!! But I will prevail!!! And it will be soon!!! If you had heli's as mine are you too would have fear of crashing!!! Please don't take that the wrong way, I mean no offance by it. I'll be the first to admit that my helis are far beyond me and not just in cost but also in performance!! I've built what I have the way I have due to the fact that I really love building them.... Getting a box of parts and using my abillity to put it together and end up with ,well my helicopters is what I enjoy most!! And mainly I like to use good,top shelf parts!!! This is true in all things in my life, from my FatBoy on down the line. And I don't expect to change that now!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:55 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
This is true in all things in my life, from my FatBoy on down the line. And I don't expect to change that now!!

F*$%king Better Not orange74 orange74
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Don't worry!!   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 8:01 pm

No worries!!!! I wouldn't be me!!!! Its hard, yes.. But I don't mind!!! And I can walk outside and fly anytime!!! So I will get it!!
Back to top Go down
meanbaby

meanbaby

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:08 pm

F daddy's balls goes out the door when he flies orange68

-pete
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 9:31 pm

So does Donnie D's ball.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Be Nice   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:33 am

Now Cry Baby I wish you would be Nice!!! I didn't have to stay up till 3AM fixing my Heli's.. No crashes, no broken parts, just beautiful helicopters!!!
Back to top Go down
branflake12

branflake12

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 12:51 am

sounds like I missed a good time last weekend... orange74
Back to top Go down
SergeyK

SergeyK

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:14 am

Fatdaddy wrote:
Now Cry Baby I wish you would be Nice!!! I didn't have to stay up till 3AM fixing my Heli's.. No crashes, no broken parts, just beautiful helicopters!!!
That's the thing - with your nice helis you have to stay in your comfort zone to avoid sitting till 3am. As a result, your comfort zone expands very slowly.
With a heli that could take abuse and you would not care about too much, you could push your limits much farther and expand your comfort zone much quicker. As a result, you'd be able to enjoy your nicer helis much more, doing more advanced maneuvers comfortably.

Sergey.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: OK, OK   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:55 am

OK I agree with you all!!! I'm not arguing with anyone about this!!! I choose to advance the way that Im. You don't hear me complaning about it.. I will learn at my pace weather it is dictatred by me or my fear of crashing. OK?? So enough about it.
You all fly what you want how you want and I will do the same!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 1:52 pm

ok
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: !!!   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:20 pm

Look guys I'm sorry I was short!! Its just I agree with what your saying. It was too early in the morning for me. So I know what your saying and I don't mind progressing slow.. I will get there soon. I will push my comfort zone, and continue to expand it at my old guys pace. YES I wish I was a ACE pilot already but none of us are so I can live with how things are.. For me personally, I'd rather progress slower and use hi quility equipment, yes it slows me down because I really don't want to crash anymore but I know its gonna happen, so I'm just gonna go with the flow and see where I land!!!
Back to top Go down
branflake12

branflake12

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Ill just keep trying to fly backwards without the nose spinning around Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:58 pm

if you can master backwards flight with a HBFP you will be a far better pilot then me.

orange71
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 7:59 pm

branflake12 wrote:

theres another event coming up, maybe you can try to make it then, its going to be around labor day we think. Fatdaddy is still working on the final details though.

excited excited excited excited excited
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:18 am

When your ready for a belt driven tail, you can't beat the Belt CP v2 2.4ghz for $179 from xheli.... unless you already have a radio. Then just buy a copterx or an EXI.

And Fatdaddy... I admired your take-it-easy, in-control-at-all-times flying. It made me feel like I didn't have to rush into doing more complicated stuff. I crashed my Belt a few weeks ago because I got ahead of myself.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: self!!   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:33 am

I think everyone really need to move at their own pace for whatever the reasons are. I also got way ahead of myself and crashed many times, and then just decided to step back and slow down(there is plenty of time and I just have to go outside to fly) and try not to crash needlessley. But like today, it is nessesary to push yourself sometime just to keep yourself moving forward!! Learning to fly is just like the helis themselves, there are many kits for you to choose from just as there are many ways to learn to fly..Everyone must choose their own path!!!
Back to top Go down
branflake12

branflake12

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:15 am

If the fiance and I ever move out east of the mississippi, Ill stand a better chance of making it to said events orange45

I know Niteflyyer lives around me somewhere over here, but not sure where.

Nuttcaze wrote:
branflake12 wrote:

theres another event coming up, maybe you can try to make it then, its going to be around labor day we think. Fatdaddy is still working on the final details though.

excited excited excited excited excited
Back to top Go down
branflake12

branflake12

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:32 am

Nuttcaze wrote:
if you can master backwards flight with a HBFP you will be a far better pilot then me.

orange71

When hovering, I tend to drift forward as a die effect of "recovering", its not the CG of the bird, its me leaning forward on the stick-dont know why i do it. But i always end up flying backwards towards me to get it back close, im getting pretty good at keeping the nose pointed away from me the whole time too!
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:57 am

I think nightflyyer is from South Dakota.
Back to top Go down
branflake12

branflake12

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:05 pm

4n6Days wrote:
I think nightflyyer is from South Dakota.
Maybe he is up that way, I always noticed the iowa plates on his van in the videos.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: easy drive!!   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 12:12 pm

Dam guys Iowa is only an easy days drive to South Jersey!!
Back to top Go down
branflake12

branflake12

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 2:34 pm

and my fiance is a rabid Devil's fan. Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reverse Crash Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverse Crash   Reverse Crash I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reverse Crash
Page 1 of 1