RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video

Go down 
+9
WhiteKnite6
P3tras
blazemob
flagmax
Fatdaddy
Donnie D
Nuttcaze
GW
suriano
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
fazool

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 3:40 pm

I finally got it done. It seems I had a weak battery in my digital mic. I didn't notice but when I closed
the mic it didn't go to zero, so new batt. Here are my link sizes
Long 86.8
bell crank to swash x2 76.00
pitch servo 54.5
fbar cage 42.00
short 28.00
I get -10+10 if i want but I didn't set it up that aggresivly norm -3 +8, idle -5 +10
I had to re-do all the links but it's all good now, what a PITA.
All you guy's are just the best, alot of info here. Just pondering a gyro and tail servo, any input as far as those go?
Frank
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 7:43 pm

Hey Fazool, Sounds like you have less of a headache now....
Gyro and tail servo options are a big list. I have been using
Xm hobbies G401B Gyro and Align DS620 servo.

Everyone here I think uses something different....
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 7:56 pm

The Align H60012T fybar rod is a great upgrade from the Esmart one. The
quality is higher than stock one. It is tiny bit longer but once I installed
the paddles, overall diameter is close to stock.

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 Helipictures022-1

The Align H60138T flybar paddle is a great upgrade as well. I like that it threads in
like normal but also has a locking screw on it. It flew very well today when I tested it.
Very good stability and awesome response to comand. Very smooth.

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 Helipictures021

But today was a bad day for me. It all started when I was try'n to be cool and jump
off the steps onto the pedal of my mountain bike to ride to the fence. OOOPS a little
off balance and crashed into my prized bell pepper plant. O.K. whatever.

Then Later I find out why you dont run an all black heli. YEP dumb dumb mistake..
I lost orientation with the esmart and it plumeted to the ground from about 40~50ft.
I have video but it makes me feel so stupid watching it that it might have been
erased by accident.

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 Helipictures023-1

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 Helipictures024

Just ordered what might be the bill to get it fly'n again. $104.55.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: OH NO!!!   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:31 pm

WTF!!!! DUDE all you went thru to get it flying!!!! This is what sucks about our hobby!!!! But now you get to rebuild!!! Thats the only good thing!!
SORRY!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 8:59 pm

No kidding!! You have to be able to take a punch in the rc heli hobby...
It will be fly'n in the next 7~10 days again. I am really mad about it and
not because of the $ but because of the stupid mistake I made which
could have been avoided.

Its all good. Every time you pull off a new stunt you learn, and every time
you crash you learn.

Thats 2 Esmarts in 2 days. Sh!tty....
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:14 pm

I guess if we were piloting real full sized helicopters we would all be dead by now. laughing013

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Mistakes   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:36 pm

Thats been the cause of each and everyone of my crashes!! PILOT ERROR!!! Also thats becoming my biggest problem is orentation issues!!! Seems you can't take your eyes off the bird for a sec.!!!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:49 pm

Being that the heli has so much black and I was in front of a tree across
the field I just couldnt tell what it was doing. The next thing I new it was
spiraling towards the ground.

Lack of experience, and too much black. I dont think I will go all black
next time. I was having some problems before this with that black.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Colors   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:53 pm

Yea I've gone to all neon colors for tail blades on everytinng!! They help some but not enough.. I really need to get rid of the all black CF blades I've got on a couple!!!
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:55 pm

Yep, orientation is also my downfall. That's why I run the flourescent yellow K&B tail blades, and as bright a canopy as I can get in front.

I am really sorry about your heli, Suriano. I saw a couple of your vids and you are a good pilot. Better than I am, for sure.

I hope you can find all of the parts you need. I learned that the tail control arm is nowhere. Ka has few parts any more. BP seems to have the best selection. Helidirect is getting slimmer.

The G-smart dealer in Florida, Lakeside Hobbies has more of the plastic parts, but even he's getting slimmer. Plus it's hard to know what parts are interchangeable.
They said that E-smart and G-smart helis and parts should begin to arrive here in November. That's VERY promising news.
He also said that there was a fire at Esky where they make the E and G-smarts that destroyed a lot (all?) of them before. Interesting.

It is a bit worrisome that Esky gave these guys a different story from others I've heard about the fate of these helis.

And, now that I have bought one and flown one, I have to agree with Nuttcaze and others who own these. They are great fliers!
I like the head design! I also like the fact that the aluminum they use is not brittle like Align/Exi/CopterX. It is malleable. I was able to straighten a couple of head parts after my crash that were bent. Forget doing that most of the time with a Trex or clone. They just break.

Best,
Kent
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 9:57 pm

I hear ya FD.
I try to only run white blades any more. To me, they are as visible as the yellow mains, but I sure think they look a whole lot better.
I can't see black blades.
Kent
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:07 pm

I have ordered everything I need allready. So all good.
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:17 pm

Great news, Suriano!!
=============
Sorry Fazool, I didn't see your post before.

For gyros, I have run:
1. Futaba 401
2. Cnchelicopter (Xmseller) G401B
3. Esky 0704B
4. Sparton DS760
5. Align GP750

Of these, my absolute favorites are the Sparton and the Align.

Problems with the others:
1. There really isn't a problem per se with the Futaba 401. It just doesn't hold the tail as well, and can drift.
2. The G401B has a problem with temperature changes, as well as voltage changes. It will drift big time. I found myself having to land and then reinitialize the gyro to get it to hold again. This is with 3 of them. I still have them if anyone is interested!
3. The Esky gyro will never hold in HH mode until you get the gyro to hold in rate mode by moving the servo up and down the tail until the heli stays still. Only then will it hold well in HH mode. What a piece of crap.
4. This gem is amazing. You can dial in the piro rate you want and it will maintain that rate always. It has it's own built in expo that just makes the tail a dream. There are too many amazing things to say about this. The only downside is that it's $170 by itself at helidirect. I am running these on my 450 and 500 now.
5. This is amazing, too. The tail holds awesome and it has steady piro rates. It's a great choice, and better than all but the Sparton.

I have run only the Futaba S9257 and the Align DS620 for tail servos.

I am running the Align tail servo on my ES600. It is solid as a rock. I bought that together with the Align GP750 gyro for $198 from a company in HK on Ebay. That's a deal, as the servo is normally $70 or so.

I run the S9257 Futaba on my 450 and 500. They are rock solid. The only downside to these is they don't like higher than 5 volts. These are not strong enough for the ES600.

That's my core dump.

For the ES600, I really like the setup I have. The Align servo did survive the amazingly destroyed tail of my crash! It has a couple of minor 'sounds' when it rotates, but there are no teeth missing (it's all metal). I think maybe a few were bent a little. I did order a spare gear set, but I'm going to run it like it is at first. That's amazing.

The Futaba servos are plastic geared. I have destroyed several sets of gears on those. The replacements are cheap and easy to replace. The rest of the servo seems very robust.

There are other servos and gyros that are possibly as good or better. These are just what I have experience with.

Kent
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Fire story   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:17 pm

Well Let me set stright the story about the fire!! The fire was at LAKESIDE HELI not ESKY!!! Quite a few "G"'s and NO "E" were lost in the fire!!! There is NO word as to when and IF ESky will be doing anything with the "G" but the "E" is susposed to be back out in around December...
And Lakeside Heli is located in MASS. NOT FLA.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Gyro/servo   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:27 pm

For me its the Logitech 2100T/3100G combo from HeliProz for 109. NOW THATS A DEAL!!!! However for the "E" the 3100 is to small but works GREAT for 450 and smaller! Whenever I buy a gyro I buy the combo from HP cause the gyro alone is 104 and the combo is 109 and the servo alone is like 50 or something!!! I use the 2100T on ALL my helis!! On my "E" and my EXI500 I use a Ino-lab 261 I think it is I can check if needed. They are blazing fast and rock steady!!!! The Logitech is super and has many ADJ. that others don't. Travel adj for both right and left. Piro speed and several others.. It is very small and can be hidden easy so it is not damaged in a crash!!! You can find many reviews on it and you won't find one that does not rave about it!!! I now have 5 of them and ALL work great!!!
Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:39 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
Well Let me set stright the story about the fire!! The fire was at LAKESIDE HELI not ESKY!!! Quite a few "G"'s and NO "E" were lost in the fire!!! There is NO word as to when and IF ESky will be doing anything with the "G" but the "E" is susposed to be back out in around December...
And Lakeside Heli is located in MASS. NOT FLA.

Oops, sorry!!!
I don't know where Florida came from then!
Ron was just talking about the Esky stuff being burned up and I assumed it was at the factory. Sorry for all the errors!

Quote:
Thank you for your business.
The new E smart and G Smart and parts will be available I think in Nov. 2009.
I sure hope so.
Cheers,
Ron
End quote.

Kent
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 10:56 pm

Akent, Thanks for the core dump....

My DS620 has made noises when turned by hand since new....Like a bad
bearing or chiped teeth. It works fine though. The G401B is great on my 450
but does drift a little on the esmart I will upgrade that soon. As of now I can fly
with the drift it doesnt bother me yet. I dont toss around the heli enough yet.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Lakeside   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 11:12 pm

Ron is a good guy!!! He will do just about anything to help anyone out with their heli problem..
I in fact bought his last "G"!! And it was HIS tester!! He is not around much but gets right on any orders when he gets back.. He manages a motorcycle race team!!Great life he has.. This week in INDY!!!! Poor Ron..!!LOL
I spoke with him last night on the phone as he was gettin ready for bed for a early flight to Indy. I've been having trouble gettin this dam "G" started !!!! And he is very willing to help!!!
Back to top Go down
cgetman02

cgetman02

PostSubject: Second vote for the Logitech 2100T   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:15 am

I installed the gyro/servo combination this afternoon and did a couple of short hops to set it up. Wow! So this is what it's like to have a gyro that works! I'm going to be doing some more testing this weekend. I don't think I'll be satisfied with the 0704b anymore. It's a good deal at Heliproz also as FD said. Don't be concerned about the posts you see about difficult setup. Finless has a great series of videos on setup of Hitech HG-5000 gyro which appears to be the same gyro under another name.

Now if I can just keep from planting it in the dirt!

:hahaha:
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Gyro   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 12:47 am

Yes the HiTec is a rebranded logitech!!! So I would expect it works superbly!!! And it is NOT hard to set up.. There are three vids. at rcsuperstore that are very simple to follow and easy to understand the gyro!!!
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 7:24 am

I'm sorry to see that you crashed your e-smart suriano orange4 But flybar after crash looks very funny in the photo :grinn:
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:48 am

This is the Gyro I have been thinking about...

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 Gy520
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 2:42 pm

Better mainshaft bearings: This is the top one that I will be installing...

698-2RS Bearing, categorized as thick section, double sealed, radial, deep groove ball bearings, 698-2RS bearings are made of Chrome Steel with Ceramic Balls (Si3N4) and Chrome steel cage, 698-2RS bearing are closed with rubber seals to protect the bearing from dust or any possible contamination, 698-2RS bearings are sealed and self lubricated, the 698-2RS inner diameter is 8mm, the 698-2RS outer diameter is 19mm and the 698-2RS width is 6mm, the quality is set to EMQ (ABEC-5 quality) to ensure high speeds, 698-2RS bearings are lubricated with grease.

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 620x-2rs

Cost is $12.00 incuding shipping...

Check this one out.............

Full Ceramic zirconium oxide 698 Ball Bearings, the inner diameter is 8mm, outer diameter is 19mm and the width is 6mm, this is a popular size that could be used in many applications, Bearings are made of Ceramic.

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 Full69x-1

Only cost $80.00 .............
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Main Bearing   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 4:02 pm

Sweet Bearings!!! My Outrage G5 comes with the ceramic bearings!! Where can you get these??
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 5:09 pm

Here are bearings for the tail box, output shaft....High quality tail output bearings
This is where I bought my upper bearing....ceramic upper main bearing
Lower main....better ceramic ball lower main shaft bearing

This is for those who like better quality bearings.

Back to top Go down
akent

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:31 pm

This is perfect timing.
My main shaft bearings feel a little notchy.
Thanks!
Kent
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Bearing   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:46 pm

I'm thinkin I'll pick some up myself... One word of caution.... The roller bearings with ceramic rollers can be damaged VERY easy if subjected to forces differant what their designed to take....such as side, or twisting or a hit, jolt dropped... The rollers are designed to do just that roll and doing that they are VERY strong that way!!! Just keep that in mind... As such.. DO NOT drive in by the center race you MUST apply the force on the outside race ONLY or the balls will be damaged!!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:53 pm

I hope I dont hurt anyones feelings but I have to say that the bearings in the esmart are not the greatest quality.
The only bearings I am concerned about really are the ones mentioned. The mainshaft bearings
and the tail shaft bearings desrve to have better quality bearings. I bet the heli would reward us
back with smooth flights and possibly a tiny bit more run time....
I crushed the upper main bearing when I crashed the esmart. I had just put it in too, so it had
4 1/2 minutes of flight on it.

So I get to upgrade some stuff :clap:
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 11:57 pm

Good advise FD, Do not drive bearings in by the inner race.......
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Thanks   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 12:16 am

Yup and in genreal just be careful with them, don't even drop them cause that can cause a ding of flat spot... they are only meant to roll..!!
I rewally like them as a must have upgrade and I agree with you about they should be much better to start!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video
Page 8 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next