Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Share | 

Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Nuttcaze
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:01 am

brad went back to a HBFP for a while to prepare for his first flight with his HDX, He's finally flying in circles but still needs alot of work before he takes his HDX out confidentally, but he's getting there

PostSubject: Blaze   Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:39 am

Good for him, It sometimes is best to take a step back to get it done!! I hope it workd for him!!!
I'm liken the way this HDX looks, This is not gonna be a super 3D machine but looks to be very stable type of a flyer!! Alex does want to learn and I've got this Roto Pod and that other stand,thing So I think I'm gonna see if she can get it with this..??
Back to top Go down
suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:21 pm

Well guys I think I am done with the Esmart again....Still plagued with horrible luck fly'n
the Esmart. I think I should take this one as a sign that I have bad karma with the Esmart.

While I was at a 12ft hover in front of me, The new CF tailboom snapped in half and tail parts
exploded everywhere. This sent the heli into a massive spin. With new blades on and all the new
parts I just paid for I was very concerned at that moment of wrecking everything. So I forced it
to the ground using neg. pitch. That in turn bent the lower frame.

I think the parts I need dont exsist anymore. Like the L shaped tail pitch control arm.

Anybody with info on the L shaped tail piece would be nice.....
Back to top Go down
P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:17 pm

Oh! Bad luck... sad122 You know why it happened? orange69
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Tail   Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:18 pm

Try Lakeside Heli for the tail parts you need I think he has got them..
Also, what is the metal part you have that the hor.fin and boom supports are to?? I think maybe you might have pinched it too tight and made a weak point on the boom!!! That looks to be where it folded on you.. We all like to use the CNC metal upgrades but I think this is one place plastic needs to be used!! If you got the CF tube and the metal will act as a sorta fold point it will make the tube very weak and the belt will just fold it up everytime!!! I think anyway!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:25 pm

Yep, I think thats what happened too. I will buy the aluminium one for centry swift
again, it was good tail boom for price......Destroyed a lot of other stuff too though..
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

PostSubject: SORRY   Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:49 pm

Sad but ture I'm sure!! I'm very sorry for your loss!! Were those sweet G5 blades lost aswell?? There very nice, I need to order bout 250.00 worth of blades myself when I get some money!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:53 pm

Nope not a scratch on the new G5's. I tried to place a order with Lakeside Heli.
Seems as thought a few parts weight 8 pounds and wants $26 for shipping.
They also dont awnser their phone. May not be ordering from them. They did
have the parts though.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Lakeside   Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:57 pm

Yea sometimnes He is not around!! He is manager of a Road racing M.C. team and is not around often.
But give him a chance he is a very good guy to work with and will treat you right..
His name is Ron..
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:26 pm

suriano wrote:
Nope not a scratch on the new G5's. I tried to place a order with Lakeside Heli.
Seems as thought a few parts weight 8 pounds and wants $26 for shipping.
They also dont awnser their phone. May not be ordering from them. They did
have the parts though.

give me a few mins and I got some info about the century swift tail for you, also, the lower frame on my current ES600 is bent more then yours, haha Crazysmile just messing but it really is orange72

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:42 pm

I ended up getting a hold of Ron at Lakeside heli. He doesnt have 3 of the critical
parts I need. So ..........

Time to hybrid the Esmart or move on to a different heli because without parts
this esmart is disposable....
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Pitch slider   Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:18 pm

Did you happen to get any pitch sliders from him??? I'm now in need of one myself!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:41 pm

Im not sure I dont need that part.

I cant get the output shaft for tail and the L-shaped control arm.

Putting on another tailbox looks too expensive....

I might have to have something made. Funny the Ron guy from lakeside
Heli's said Esky will make the part if you order 50 of them. Who knows.....

Might just part out what I got left on eBay.......Or keep it as a collectible.
If they change the Esmart when the new one comes out, parts may be different.

Right now I only need to fix the tailbox and I would be fly'n again.......
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

PostSubject: l shaped part   Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:06 pm

Yea thats what I need the L shaped part!! The pitch slider its called I think.. Yea ron is gonna call and try to get it for us.. I'll buy the freakin 50 if I need to..
Back to top Go down
suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:30 pm

Turns out the tail output shaft is the same size as the trex450 mainshaft.
If you have mechanical background, I dont think it would be hard to make
a couple of them from one main shaft.

Problem for us now is the L-shaped tail pitch control arm is nowhere on
this planet.

Thats the only piece I need. I think it will be hard to make that one....
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Shafts   Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:50 pm

Shafts are NO problem I've already made one for my Screamer.. Its smoother than its ever been!! Its is 6mm and a 450 class and nothin else uses a 6 so I set up my little lathe and made one from a 1/4" rod!!! Easyer than I thought!! I've expoy'd my broken pitch slider and it appears to be ok so I will see!! I'm gonna need to know how to AUTO if it fails!!! Only way to get it on the ground without a tail is with no power!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:38 pm

I just finished making a tail shaft thats no problem.
I am in trouble with the control lever though.
It might be a lot harder to make, but I am wondering if a different
lever from another heli would work.
Back to top Go down
suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:50 pm

Take a look at this....Kyosho caliber....

l-shaped control arm

Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Parts   Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:20 am

I received word from my friend at Lakeside, He spoke with ESKY last night and asked parts and the answer is NO MORE PARTS for the "E" or "G"!!!! This is what he wrote me..

"It's over for the E Smart parts and the G Smart parts, they will not make any more. I guess the only way would be to write to the TWF company and have them understand what they have done to the users of the products. I'm stuck with over $2000.00 of parts inventory which I have never received any helicopters but 5, I purchased from Singapore."

So I think its time to fly them till the blades fall off and give them a sorry farewell!! I believe Ron when he say this!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Pitch Arm   Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:35 am

I'll let you know!! I just ordered one!! My epoxy job did not work!! So 1 E down!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:24 pm

I ordered one of those L shaped control arms too.

I got an email from Ron say'n the same thing......
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

PostSubject: parts   Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:14 pm

Cool, I also ordered some parts for the swift, like Nuttsey's post.. I don't think you need all the stuff listed, I'm gonna try not to change the entire tail box.. When you look at the upgrades, the metal tail rotor does NOT have the balls coming out at a 45.. So therefore you should not need to use the plastic grips listed.. Maybe!!?? We will see.. one thing for sure the pitch slider link will not go thru the box but underneith!!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:54 pm

I'm pressing ESky to get the ES600 spares rushed back into production, they're apparently swamped with trying to get the Christmas orders together but I told them they cannot wait on this, we NEED parts now, so we'll see how that plays out but as I said before the ES600 will be coming back, trust me on this one orange68

In the post of the guy who originally did the Swift Tail mod said that you might be able to use the stock T-Rex 600 blades grips instead of the Swift ones but apparently the reason for having to use different blade grips is that the balls on the Stock blade grips won't line up properly with the pitch control arm from the Swift, but I haven't actually tried this so who knows.

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:55 pm

FD, It does go through the tailbox that is why I think it will work...

Check it out.

Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

PostSubject: What is it??   Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:53 pm

What is the heli your showing here? I just figured it would need to go benieth on the "E"... I think we are in for the long haul with this. I believe Ron and what he was told. I don't think any parts are ever gonna come out for this "E" we have now. I also believe the new "E"G" is gonna be at least some differant, and I think thats why there ain't gonna be any parts cause there gonna be makin new ones..
So MY PERSONAL thinkin is that we are stuck with what we got!!!! I truly don't believe that their tellin you(Nuttsey) the truth... I think their tellin you what you want them to.. I hope I'm wrong but I just don't see a large co. changing their biz plan because you keep buggin them about it..

Anyway I've ordered parts from two helis to see if any will work.. I really don't want to steal this pitch slider from a whole spare kit I still have, so I'm gonna make something work!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:15 pm

I know what MIGHT change their mind. That's enough of their customers telling them that we are gonna take our business elsewhere if they don't resolve this issue. And resolve it NOW!!

Donnie D
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

PostSubject: REALLY??   Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Do you guys REALLY think their likely to change their biz plan cause we threaten them??? Do you think the ESmart is a big enough part of their overall sales??? I really don't think so.. Now don't get mt wrong, I own 4 ESmarts!!!!! 3 CFPro and 1 Metal,plus a GSMART!!!!! so I really got an investment in them doing so but I just don't think so!!! We need to keep on as we are doin, which is finding OTHER parts to keep our heli's flyin!!! I know I will, I'm not going to wait for them to bring back the parts only to find they been tellin us they are just to keep us buying ESKY stuff..Which I think is the case!!! BUT I HOPE NOT!!!! I got a lot invested!!!
Again, I think we are a very small part of their customer base!!! Hell they don't even adversitse this heli!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:09 pm

FD, I wasn't refering to just the E-Smart. If it get to where I can't get parts for my E because they stop production, then I will be done with them. I'll get only what I need to keep my 4 Esky helis going, and that will be it. I allready never plan to buy another Esky helicopter. There are just too many other companys out there that seem to care for their customers more.

It's one thing to stop producing the E-Smart. I don't really care if they start production back on it or not. I've got one. But to stop producing parts after tons of folks have bought the heli and have all that money and time invested. That is as common as dirt. In my opinion, it's just a way to get you to buy the 900. Wouldn't surprrise me if they stopped making parts for the Belt as well one day without warning. How would we like it if we couldn't get parts for our car or truck just because the maker came out with a new model.

If I have to pay a bit more for a heli, then so be it. Better to spend $400 on a heli that i can get parts for than to spend $200 on one that ends up collecting dust because I can't get what I need to keep it going.

Like this one for instance:

http://www.helipal.com/walkera-creata-400-helicopter-premium-2009-special-limited-edition.html?gclid=CKaQnfCp5ZwCFV8B4wod0i6FGg

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:20 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
What is the heli your showing here?

The tail unit is from a Kyosho Caliber 30...
Back to top Go down
suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:33 pm

Still waiting for the tap to finish the tail unit. I just wanted to brag a little about the
present my awesome wife just bought for me.

So I will install that BadBoy and let anyone that wants to know, how it works on the
Esmart. I have been reading that it is a great Gyro. It will be paired with the Align DS620
sevo. I hope the servo is good with the gyro......

Its a very small gyro...

I am going to change the head grips to a trailing edge setup and I will show that also.
The Hurricane 550 head was setup that way in the vids I have also......

This is the Esmart with Hurricane 550 head assy. setup with trailing edge grips

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   

Back to top Go down

Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next