RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video

Go down 
+9
WhiteKnite6
P3tras
blazemob
flagmax
Fatdaddy
Donnie D
Nuttcaze
GW
suriano
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Swash mix   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:12 pm

My mixes are Aile -65% Elev +65% Pit +85%
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:17 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
My mixes are Aile -65% Elev +65% Pit +85%

Try -50~55 and +50~55 and leave the pitch the same. This will make it more
docile and less twitchy. I have been using 0~2% expo on those as well.

Try it out and see .....
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Swash   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:28 pm

OK I'm gonna try it!! Thanks A lot for the help! This is one place I know nothin at all!!
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:02 pm

Spektrum also recommends to put the receiver far from ESC or other electric equipment. Read here http://www.spektrumrc.com/Community/InstallationBestPractices.aspx third from the bottom tip
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:16 pm

P3tras wrote:
Spektrum also recommends to put the receiver far from ESC or other electric equipment. Read here http://www.spektrumrc.com/Community/InstallationBestPractices.aspx third from the bottom tip

I can only see where it talks about your remote reciever being routed away from
such devices as esc etc.

I put my remote RX as far away from everything as possible. It sits
on the bottom of the lower frame under the mainshaft.

Same with my jet. Could be why I dont have problems.....

It doesnt explain why my 450 works so good though because it doesnt have
a remote RX and its right above my ESC.

Look under the battery and above the ESC. Thats an AR6100 sitting right by
the esc and I never get glitch's on that thing....

[img]Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 Heli009-1[/img]
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:33 pm

Well if it works for you then good, but I prefer, and recommend others, to listen to Spektrum and the other Pro Pilots when they say not to mount it like that, you may never have a problem but I don't see the point in taking a chance. As I've mentioned before I've crashed due to Tx/Rx problems before and its not a mistake or chance I'm willing to take ever again.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Can of worms!!!   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:44 pm

Well seems I've opened another can of worms!!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:59 pm

I wouldnt tell anybody to do something I havnt tried and succeded at already.

I am only say'n thats where I put it and has worked time and time again. I dont
think its a mistake that mine works there. I also dont feel like I am taking a chance
with it either so its all good for me.

I am not telling anybody to do anything like me. All the info I give is for others
to see whats out there. To be a spark for there own imagination.

When you buy an ATV it also says never to jump it! But we all jump them.
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:00 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:

I dont know....Worms are for fishing around here....

But I have been using Zara pooch plugs and killing them.....
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:16 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:

nah, not even close orange68
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:18 pm

suriano wrote:

When you buy an ATV it also says never to jump it! But we all jump them.

I jumped on, but apparently I tipped it over desite not remembering such an event orange2 , right Blazemob (Brad)
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 6:19 pm

I love you guys!!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:17 pm

Day 2 fly'n with the hurricane head. Still fine tuning and still liking the 82mm
Hurricane tail blades.

Back to top Go down
blazemob

blazemob

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:24 pm

yea u did u rolled in on its side marc lol i flipped one and got 30 stiches in the head ohhh buy the way nice flying as usual
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 10:14 pm

Sounds like I missed out on some good times!

Atv's and stich's !! Man I missed out !!
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Wow, indeed!   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:04 am

I've been studying this thread for over an hour. I can't believe somebody closed it somewhere there in the middle after Fat Daddy said he'd take a look at Suriano's heli.

All the best stuff came AFTER that. It's been a master class in E-Smart.

That black canopy looks really nice, Suriano, and I loved your flying in part 2, as well. To me, flying a heli is like playing an instrument: everyone who does it is basically doing the same thing, but it's in subtleties in which is found the art.

I like the music you made!

I don't have much to contribute to you guys, except to say that I got T-Rex Skids (not pipes yet), orange in color, and rather than drill new holes in the skids, I moved them to the Slotted holes, and added a washer under the head of the screw.

BTW, you CAN screw the grubs in snugly enough to tighten the stock pipes well enough. But I'm still gonna pick up some T-Rex pipes, as I said.

Anyway, thanks to all of you for the great input and troubleshooting. I may need this info soon enough.

Take Care For Now;

Mick
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 2:53 am

WhiteKnite6 wrote:
I've been studying this thread for over an hour. I can't believe somebody closed it somewhere there in the middle after Fat Daddy said he'd take a look at Suriano's heli.

It was really something you would have had to been around to know why it originally happened.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: BEFORE!!   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 5:44 pm

Yea it was all a bunch of silly egos and manly nonsence!!!! It's so much better when we all get along!!!! I know I like it so much more!!!!
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:49 pm

Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 Helipictures001
Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 Helipictures002
Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 Helipictures003
Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 Helipictures004
Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 Helipictures006
Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 Helipictures007
Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 Helipictures009
Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 Helipictures010
Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 Helipictures011
Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 Helipictures012-1
Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 Helipictures013
Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 Helipictures014-1
Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 Helipictures015-1
Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 Helipictures076

Lots more to come. I will be try'n out a Trex 600 flybar 400mm with trex600 paddles.
Also I am going to lengthen the top shelf were the ESC and rec. goes. The purpose
is to space the ESC away from the RX a bit while transfering the weight of the ESC
more towards the front and in turn moving the battery back towards the mainshaft
a little more.

Also thinking of the flybarless kit for the hurricane 550. How about a flybarless Esmart?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 12:17 am

thanks for putting all the pics up, it helps others to be able to see how some of us have set ours up, laid out the electronics and sometimes they just forget what went where

orange74
Back to top Go down
WhiteKnite6

WhiteKnite6

PostSubject: Not only that, but ...   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:39 am

Wow! Wow, wowah, woooh-eeeeh!

Apparently your Smarty provided you with all those challenges just BECAUSE you were up to the task.

I've learned a lot from reading this thread, and I certainly hope you find the set up that sets your Black Beauty free to be what it was meant to be ...

A stable, versatile, sexy aircraft, that doesn't break the bank.

I'm waiting for more parts on mine, but when they're here, I'll post pix.

Ciao for Now;

Mick
PS Here's to your E-Smart finally performing like a 3D Champion.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 9:10 am

That is one of the sharpest looking E-Smarts I've seen yet. And the layout is neat and orderly.

I may have missed it earlier in your thread, but what horizontal and vertical stabilizer fins are those? They look great and look like they are very strong.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:18 am

You'll get much stronger head (less parts) and more power with flybarless orange71 But flybarless gyro isn't very cheap orange44
P.S. Very nice photos orange71
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: FBL   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:31 am

Just got one question bout that.. How would the head become stronger without the flybar??
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:35 am

Because the head will be just from blade holders, blades and the linkages. So less parts to break=stronger head orange72 And the rotating mass will be much lower orange74
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: E Flight   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:39 am

Well just had a sweet flight with the "E" The changes in the swash mix were just what I was looking for Thank you guys very much!!! As opposed my eariler thoughts on the matter I will be balancing the Smartie better for the next flight!! I did so with the EXI and it really does make a noticable diff!! Even if I must add lead I'm gonna get it at least a little nose heavy, now its tail heavy and I don't like it!! It sems to slow FF quite a bit as I try to keep it in mind as I fly.. I really would rather hgave to slow/stop it myself rather than it doing so itself!! I will be flying just the "E" today so I get more used to it up high!!! I've been flying much,much higher than ever,takin a bit to get used to but there is sooo much more you can do up there!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: I see   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:43 am

So the head really will not be any stronger! I think you might mean more reliable from lightning.. Less rotating mass will cerntianly mean more useable power too!! But stronger...not really..
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:44 am

Hey FD, don't add lead, just redo the batt holder the way I did or Suriano.

By the way, What did you end up with on your swash mix?

I rechecked, and I do have a bit of expo set.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:46 am

So ok, not stronger. Less parts to break orange45
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Mix   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:52 am

I'm using 55/55/85 and 5%Xpo.. I'm really happy with the battery set-up I use so I'm not likely to change it.. I've no problem adding a small amount of weight as the trade off will be more to the positive!! I added some on the EXI and the benifet is so much more to my likeing.. When I build I mostly do so looking at what the best way is from a stand point of clean parts set up serviceabillity and how things fit best in my mind, and in this case the thing throwing things out of wack is the REC. battery and when I rid it of that things will balance up very nicely I think..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video   Esmart build  (Working It Out) Pictures and video - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Esmart build (Working It Out) Pictures and video
Page 4 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next