RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Replacing ESC

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
zedron

Replacing ESC Empty
PostSubject: Replacing ESC   Replacing ESC I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:14 am

Ok, I have never had to replace an ESC before but like I mentioned in my other post my Belt Cp V2's ESC caught fire on 2nd flight. Bought a new HobbyWing Pentium 30A and I just need to know where I can get the fittings for the motor and battery connection. Would Radio Shack carry them? If not I guess I could cut the wires and re solder them together.

Thanks,
Will
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Replacing ESC Empty
PostSubject: HobbyWing   Replacing ESC I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:20 am

Didn't the HobbyWing come with wire ends? Otherwise thats what I would do as long as there not damaged.. I would reuse the ends off the old ESC
Back to top Go down
zedron

Replacing ESC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacing ESC   Replacing ESC I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:27 am

Fatdaddy wrote:
Didn't the HobbyWing come with wire ends? Otherwise thats what I would do as long as there not damaged.. I would reuse the ends off the old ESC

Damn you guys reply fast. LOL

No it didn't come with any ends. The old ones are still in perfect shape so I guess that is what I will do. Now I just need to figure out where I left my soldering gun, wire, and shrink wrap........Hmmmmm
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Replacing ESC Empty
PostSubject: Cool   Replacing ESC I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:36 am

Yup thats what I would do, then you know they will fit and you have then NOW!!!
Back to top Go down
zedron

Replacing ESC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacing ESC   Replacing ESC I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:44 am

Fatdaddy wrote:
Yup thats what I would do, then you know they will fit and you have then NOW!!!

NOW is the most important factor. Gets me outside flying again the soonest.
Back to top Go down
zedron

Replacing ESC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacing ESC   Replacing ESC I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 7:54 pm

Ok. Replaced ESC and all I get is some very annoying music tones.

This is what happens:
1) I turn on TX and set throttle to bottom
2) Plus in ESC to BATTERY
3)A tone sounds
2 short beeps
music tone
beep
beep-beep
beep-beep-beep
beep-beep-beep-beep
beeeeeeep
beeeeeeep-beep
beeeeeeep-beep-beep
beeeeeeep-beeeeeeep
music tone again
then repeats all tones again

For some reason it keeps going into program mode and it will not react to throttle change. Only thing that happens is the pitch works but it isnt recognizing "throttle" input.

Already tried to switch throttle to reverse on TX but same thing.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Replacing ESC Empty
PostSubject: Throttle set up   Replacing ESC I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 8:53 pm

OK try this first! With everything off. Move throttle(left) to full, turn on Tx. then plug in ESC, slowly move throttle to bottom. Upplug, and turn off TX. Now try it..
Back to top Go down
zedron

Replacing ESC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacing ESC   Replacing ESC I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 9:26 pm

Fatdaddy wrote:
OK try this first! With everything off. Move throttle(left) to full, turn on Tx. then plug in ESC, slowly move throttle to bottom. Upplug, and turn off TX. Now try it..

Odd, I was following the directions and we all know to turn TX on first. But I turned ESC on first, it made some beeps, then I turned on TX and it made a good solid single beep and voila magic...

Weird, so I guess either I have a defective ESC or it was designed that way where I have to turn on ESC then TX. But now I need to make an order with helidirect for a new frame and landing gear. Landed a little to hard because throttle curve was a little weird and broke one skid bracket and the mounting point on the frame for other skid.....Grrr lol
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

Replacing ESC Empty
PostSubject: Throttle imput!   Replacing ESC I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:00 pm

The reason it is not responding to throttle is because you need to progarm the end points! And that is what I decribed to you!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Replacing ESC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Replacing ESC   Replacing ESC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Replacing ESC
Page 1 of 1