RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

bearings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
djem

djem

bearings Empty
PostSubject: bearings   bearings I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 2:03 pm

Hoi guy's ,i have a question. Do i have to put oil or grease on or inside the mainshaft-bearings. I've seen that they are closed ZZ-bearings and i think that there is already grease or oil inside this bearings. I have to replace them because one is in bad condition and it gives vibrations on my ES-600. Can anyone give me information abouth this little problem. orange6 Thanks anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ryan S

Ryan S

bearings Empty
PostSubject: Re: bearings   bearings I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:31 pm

The only way to 'oil' them is drip some kind of penetrating microlube oil (you can get fancy RC bearing lube at your LHS). To 'grease' them you'd need to remove the side seals and that can damage/weaken them/cause excessive resistence.

As per your problem:

If the bearing is giving you vibrations, then it's probably out of tolerance... and that's something oiling can't fix.

If there's considerable resistance when turning the bearing, then it's possible oiling it can help... however there is the possibility of debris keeping the ball bearings from rolling around smoothly.

Last edited by Ryan S on Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I should learn how to spell...)
Back to top Go down
suriano

suriano

bearings Empty
PostSubject: Re: bearings   bearings I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:56 pm

Hey, I just went through that my self with my E. I was able to remove the tiny clip
with a pin that holds the metal seal in place.

Now do it some where that you will find the clip if you drop it.
I am speaking from experience on that one. Took me 35 min. to find it.

Anyway it can be cleaned, inspected and regreased.

Good luck......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bearings Empty
PostSubject: Re: bearings   bearings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bearings
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: