RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

On Loan, New HBFP V2

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

On Loan, New HBFP V2 Empty
PostSubject: On Loan, New HBFP V2   On Loan, New HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:20 pm

Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

PostSubject: Re: On Loan, New HBFP V2   On Loan, New HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:34 pm

"Awesome!!...Buy One!!"......Are they still slated for Sept? Any news on the 900?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: On Loan, New HBFP V2   On Loan, New HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:37 pm

I've heard different things about when they will actually be for sale but hopefully soon, I need my own, lol

Haven't heard much about the 900 though, it got delayed last I knew.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: On Loan, New HBFP V2   On Loan, New HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:37 pm

On Loan, New HBFP V2 SDC10038Large

On Loan, New HBFP V2 SDC10037Large

On Loan, New HBFP V2 SDC10039Large

On Loan, New HBFP V2 SDC10040Large

On Loan, New HBFP V2 SDC10036Large
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: On Loan, New HBFP V2   On Loan, New HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 3:38 pm

On Loan, New HBFP V2 3ESkys
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: On Loan, New HBFP V2   On Loan, New HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 6:03 pm

is it the same size as the older versions?probably just me but it appears to be slightly bigger orange44
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: On Loan, New HBFP V2   On Loan, New HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 6:33 pm

what does anyone think of the new HBCP coming out?i`ve yet to try the delights of a cp heli orange80
i`m torn between another new version of the hbfp or to go for a HBCP orange78
i`m not really interested in 3D flight so is it gonna make such a difference going for the cp version orange1
or maybe the king 3 or belt?
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: On Loan, New HBFP V2   On Loan, New HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 7:42 pm

In my opinion, and I think others on the forum would agree, go ahead and get an E-Smart 600. You will love it and you will learn a lot from the build process. Also it will be easier to fly than the Belt CP, King, HBFP or HBCP.

GO for it.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Ryan S

Ryan S

PostSubject: Re: On Loan, New HBFP V2   On Loan, New HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:13 pm

Nice looking unit! Looks like things are mounted a little more appropriately and it's sturdy in all the right places.

Are all the rotor head parts/links/flybar/swashplate/blades/etc. the same as the previous version?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: On Loan, New HBFP V2   On Loan, New HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:42 pm

its the same size just a little heavier. The head is the same just the main shaft is a bit different.

As far as the HBCP3, imo a CP with a tail motor is such a bad idea, I had the Eagle 50 (very similar to the HBCP2/3) and it sucked, ALOT. I'd never suggest anyone get that sytle heli, get a HBFP, learn the basics of single rotor flight then get a bigger CP with a belt driven tail, the bigger it is the more stable it will be.
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: On Loan, New HBFP V2   On Loan, New HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 5:33 pm

Donnie D wrote:
In my opinion, and I think others on the forum would agree, go ahead and get an E-Smart 600. You will love it and you will learn a lot from the build process. Also it will be easier to fly than the Belt CP, King, HBFP or HBCP.

GO for it.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
hey Donnie D
thanks for the advice.how much do you think an E-Smart 600 would cost to assemble,including everything to make it RTF?
i`m talking basic cost here,the minimum to make it an acceptable heli!
i can DEF see what you mean about it being easier to fly than the smaller ones but that to me doesn`t mean it`s the best option to go for.
the reason i say this is because we all know that once we find something easy to do it gets boring(or maybe that`s just me orange49 )
the biggest buzz is getting your heli flying something new,whatever the heli(says me with only my hbfp headbeat )
so what i guess i`m trying to say is that it`s not just the heli to me but the challenge it brings
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: On Loan, New HBFP V2   On Loan, New HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:00 pm

Depends really on how much you can find a kit for. But expect to pay approx $200 for an ESC, BEC,GYRO and servos. Add this to the price of your kit, My kit was approx $325 (full metal) and included a motor and blades. I know you can do much better than that if you shop around, especially on Ebay. And if you need a radio, I bought a DX6i for $199 and it comes with a receiver. You an probably get a batt for say $70 on up. I have about $800 in mine, but I needed everything, including a radio. But the DX6i can handle 6 models, so I shouldnt need another radio.

Take a look at the Sticky info on the E-S 600 here on the forum, and you will see what Nutz used for his. I used about the same stuff he did except I used a different ESC ad BEC. Read thru my thread under 6 ch helis titled "ES 600 build". Might help.

Also Fatdaddy had an all metal he built for sale. Pretty good price on it.

I know it sounds like a lot of money, but I love mine and I just bought the components as I had the money. Took a bit of extra time, but I got it built, and I love it. It's my baby.

Good luck.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: On Loan, New HBFP V2   On Loan, New HBFP V2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 6:48 pm

Donnie D wrote:
Depends really on how much you can find a kit for. But expect to pay approx $200 for an ESC, BEC,GYRO and servos. Add this to the price of your kit, My kit was approx $325 (full metal) and included a motor and blades. I know you can do much better than that if you shop around, especially on Ebay. And if you need a radio, I bought a DX6i for $199 and it comes with a receiver. You an probably get a batt for say $70 on up. I have about $800 in mine, but I needed everything, including a radio. But the DX6i can handle 6 models, so I shouldnt need another radio.

Take a look at the Sticky info on the E-S 600 here on the forum, and you will see what Nutz used for his. I used about the same stuff he did except I used a different ESC ad BEC. Read thru my thread under 6 ch helis titled "ES 600 build". Might help.

Also Fatdaddy had an all metal he built for sale. Pretty good price on it.

I know it sounds like a lot of money, but I love mine and I just bought the components as I had the money. Took a bit of extra time, but I got it built, and I love it. It's my baby.

Good luck.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
hey DD,thanks for the info
$800 is about £480,so for that money i can see that the E-S 600 would be a great heli.
trouble is that money is real tight at the moment(i`m managing to save £10 per week for my next heli)
i could get this heli http://www.heliguy.com/Electric-RC-Helicopters/Belt-CP/Belt-CP-V2/ at a 1/3 of the price which also means i get it a lot quicker
i like the look of the new hbfp/cp that is coming out too,i don`t know what i`ll do until i have the money in my hand orange44
my hbfp is not working now though,PLEASE have a look in the 4ch thread to see if you can help me orange4
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On Loan, New HBFP V2   On Loan, New HBFP V2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On Loan, New HBFP V2
Page 1 of 1