RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Helisim - Excellent FREE 450 Helicopter Simulator

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
4n6Days

4n6Days

Helisim - Excellent FREE 450 Helicopter Simulator Empty
PostSubject: Helisim - Excellent FREE 450 Helicopter Simulator   Helisim - Excellent FREE 450 Helicopter Simulator I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:52 pm

I just came across this the other day and I LOVE it!!

It's called Helisim. The creator posted it on the Helifreak forum http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=53247 . It's a lot more aerodynamically accurate than FMS. You can turn on wind, there is ground effect, transitional lift, and you can fine tune the model to fly like your own heli. You can adjust the exponential settings, pinion gear size, motor kvm, battery size, as well as tons of other stuff. It also has idle up and throttle hold!! It's relatively basic, and the graphics and sound aren't super, but if you are trying to learn to fly CCPM heli, this will prepare you better than FMS.

And it's free!! I'm using it with my USB transmitter from my Esky sim kit. On the website there is a list of transmitters that are known to work.

Here's the link:
http://www.marksfiles.net/HeliSimRC/download.htm
Back to top Go down
otis09

otis09

PostSubject: sims   Helisim - Excellent FREE 450 Helicopter Simulator I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 2:48 am

i've downloaded this program and not shure if my transmitter will work. it is the esky 2.4. the list said it works with the king 2 transmitter but there are two kinds????
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: Helisim - Excellent FREE 450 Helicopter Simulator   Helisim - Excellent FREE 450 Helicopter Simulator I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2009 12:07 pm

otis09 said,
Quote :
"i've downloaded this program and not shure if my transmitter will work. it is the esky 2.4. the list said it works with the king 2 transmitter but there are two kinds????"
I just downloaded this sim and have not set it up yet, but here is what I found with FSM using SmartPropoPlus and the audio patch cable (not the USB)...

According the the SmartPropoPlus site, the Esky 2.4Gz Tx uses PPM output from the trainer port, the same as the 72Mz Tx. (It actually took me quite some time to find THAT little tidbit of information...)

Since I am using the 2.4Gz Tx with FMS and SmartPropoPro and it seems to be working fine, I would have to agree. I cannot confirm, however, that it hold true for the USB connector (but would guess so).
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

PostSubject: Re: Helisim - Excellent FREE 450 Helicopter Simulator   Helisim - Excellent FREE 450 Helicopter Simulator I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 5:29 pm

Anybody tried MS Flightsim with a controller as a helisim?

I used to be a big fan of flightsim but not tried the newer version. Presume you would not have things like throttle lock etc but would act roughly like an FP but wih better graphics?

Pitt
Back to top Go down
jammer

jammer

PostSubject: Re: Helisim - Excellent FREE 450 Helicopter Simulator   Helisim - Excellent FREE 450 Helicopter Simulator I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 4:49 pm

I think for a free sim its pretty good. I just have the basic esky tx and it works great.
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: Helisim - Excellent FREE 450 Helicopter Simulator   Helisim - Excellent FREE 450 Helicopter Simulator I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:33 am

I have been using HeliSimRC for a few weeks now, and do prefer it over FMS. HeliSimRC has more features and options, but true flight charactistics are what counts in the end...

My concern comes from not really knowing which one is more accurate/realistic. FSM seems much more difficult to fly, as there is no HH gyro (that I could find) to keep your model relatively straight. The Belt CP model I was flying is VERY touchy on FSM, whereas the 450 heli in HeliSimRC, not so much... I really don't have much problem keeping my heli in a decent hover in HeliSim, but can barely keep the model in a 30x30 box on FSM. orange78

I guess I won't know for sure which is 'better' until I get my new training gear and actually feel a bit more confident taking my Belt CP v2 out for a stroll... flyaway
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Helisim - Excellent FREE 450 Helicopter Simulator   Helisim - Excellent FREE 450 Helicopter Simulator I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Helisim - Excellent FREE 450 Helicopter Simulator
Page 1 of 1