RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

ESC choices...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
reh1963

ESC choices... Empty
PostSubject: ESC choices...   ESC choices... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 4:53 pm

I am looking at replacing my stock esc with either a 40A or 60A on my Belt CP. Was wondering what brand would work best. I am leaning toward the Exceed Momentum series. Any ideas? Thanks, Rob
Back to top Go down
Addicted2Helis

Addicted2Helis

ESC choices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC choices...   ESC choices... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 6:43 pm

hey reh1963 orange60

I do not know much about that one, but I upgraded mine on my Belt CP to an Exceed Volcano Series 30A ESC and it works great. I'm thinking about getting a switching BEC also to see if that will help with loss of energy. There was another topic somewhere that Nuttcaze listed a suggestion for someone else that was thinking of upgrading.

I just looked at it and it was under general questions and Belt CP ESC. The 40A Momentum series was one that he recommended along with the one I just told you about. Let me know how one works out for you .
Back to top Go down
reh1963

ESC choices... Empty
PostSubject: Thanks for your advice....   ESC choices... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 10:50 pm

Hi Addicted2Helis,

Checked out the volcano ESC and it looks like a better unit than the Momentum. (a little more pricey, but I figure you get what you pay for) I am replacing the ESC because it gets ridiculously hot, and when I am starting up, the blade does nothing until my throttle is half way up and then it jumps to life. I prefer to spin up slowly.

Thanks for your advice. I will let you know how things work out.

-Rob
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESC choices... Empty
PostSubject: ESC   ESC choices... I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 11:43 pm

Hey1963... The Momentun's are rebranded HobbyWing Platunim!!! They are what I use on everything! The 40A is killer!!! I have it on my HBK2, Screamer 480 and Outrage G5 running 6S/1300 22.2 volt packs!!! I'm now looking for a 100A to replace the 80A OPTO on my "E"!! The HobbyWing is 120.00 and the Exceed Momentum is 75.00 for the EXACT SAME thing!!! Wish I'd known this a while ago I could have saved some coin!!!
Also!!! Anyone in need of a 40A OPTO I have one I don't need!! HobbyWing, Brand new, never used!!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESC choices... Empty
PostSubject: ESC   ESC choices... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:13 am

Hi Guys, Take a look at the spec. of the twoexceed RC ESC's mentioned above... The Momentun is the top line ESC.. And it has a switching BEC
Back to top Go down
reh1963

ESC choices... Empty
PostSubject: RE: esc   ESC choices... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:41 am

Thanks Fatdaddy,

I originally thought the Momentum was the better unit if for no other reason it had the selectable BEC, but had doubts because it was cheaper at xheli than the volcano model. orange78

Xheli has been sold out for a while on the Momentum series, any ideas who else might sell them. I have checked Hobbyzone, Bannana Hobby, and Helipal.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Rob orange74
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESC choices... Empty
PostSubject: ESC   ESC choices... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:47 am

Dude!!!! I can't find ANYONE that has either the HW or the ExceedRC in stock!!! Looks like I'll have to conitnue to use the REC. pack for now!!!
Back to top Go down
blackrain0119

blackrain0119

ESC choices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC choices...   ESC choices... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:49 pm

Just got my 40 amp esc from hobbypartz. Works great doesn't get hot on my 450 exi 2200mah 11.1 ran 2 batts and it works beautiful. Stiil waiting on my 6 40 esc for my other helis. I'm upgrading all my esc to 40 amp. Thanks FD!
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESC choices... Empty
PostSubject: Cool   ESC choices... I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 2:54 pm

No problem bud, I hope it all works out !!!
Back to top Go down
reh1963

ESC choices... Empty
PostSubject: Found a dealer with ESC's in stock...   ESC choices... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:19 pm

Hey all,

I couldn't find any Momentum ESC's but came across the Hobbywing at Helipal.com. Here's the link: www.helipal.com/hobbywing-platinum-40a-esc.html

Can't wait to get it...

Thanks again.

Rob orange6
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

ESC choices... Empty
PostSubject: SWEET   ESC choices... I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:27 pm

Yup thats it!!! Works SUPER!!!!! VERY easy to set up... You do not need the card, unless you want it!! I have one but I do not use it they are that easy!!
price is a little better than I pay, but shipping will get it even... I pay 57 I think...
I got therr of these and love them... I also see they got the 100 I'm lookin for at a better price than HD@ 118
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ESC choices... Empty
PostSubject: Re: ESC choices...   ESC choices... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ESC choices...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 6ch Collective Pitch Helicopters-
Jump to: