RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Experts advise

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
morvious

Experts advise Empty
PostSubject: Experts advise   Experts advise I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 5:22 pm

Hello all,

I am at the point of buying a e-Sky helicopter and from all the video's ive seen on youtube the e-sky HB FP seems the best choice! But I need some help.

I am used to 3CH PicoZ heli's for inside, nothing compared to this.
Ive ordered the E-Sky flight simulator to train with.

All I need is a helicopter that is able to fly most of its time outdoors. I can't fly (other then hovering) it inside my house. I live in the Netherlands so we have to face windy days to i suppose!

On all video's and comments the E-Sky HonnyBee FP is recommended. I would love to fly this one before flying the CP, but can I use it outside?
If not, whats my next best choice then? What are youre experiences please?

Thanks in advanged.
Stefan
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Experts advise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Experts advise   Experts advise I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:06 pm

Yes, you can fly the HBFP outside, and it can tollerate a fair amount of wind. But when you first start flying it, you are probably gonna have to fly inside or pick fairly calm days, at least until you get used to it.

And yes, it is a very good choise for a trainer.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Experts advise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Experts advise   Experts advise I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 10:10 pm

The HBFP would be the best to learn the basics of single rotor flight on, and practicing hovering in a small area will really help too, I learned to hover my HBFP in a very small space and when I got to go somewhere bigger, it made life soo much easier. The HBFP all stock is a bit light for outside but can be modded to improve its outdoor flight performance. The new HBFP V2 is really good all stock and if possible I'd wait for that one, but you could always buy the V1 now and swap your parts to the new frame when they are available.
Back to top Go down
morvious

Experts advise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Experts advise   Experts advise I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:33 am

Hello Donny D and Nuttcaze!

Thanks for the answeres.

Nuttcaze, I've seen your video's in which small spaces you've flown this bird, I was amazed :).

Do you have any idea when the V2 will be out?

Greatz,
Stefan
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Experts advise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Experts advise   Experts advise I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:59 am

wish I did, I got to play with one for a few days, really cool
Back to top Go down
morvious

Experts advise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Experts advise   Experts advise I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:33 am

I've seen the video on your youtube channel, look like a great helicopter.

We have a reseller here in the Netherlands, maybe they can answere the question. If so, I will let that know.
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

Experts advise Empty
PostSubject: Art-Tech Genius 250 3D   Experts advise I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:18 pm

Hey All,
Any thoughts on the Art-Tech Genius 250 3D?
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

Experts advise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Experts advise   Experts advise I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 2:40 pm

i`ve had my hbfp for 18mths now and ABSOLUTELY love it.no need to worry about crashing when you`re learning as these things are virtually indestructible orange58
Back to top Go down
morvious

Experts advise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Experts advise   Experts advise I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 3:11 pm

Ive also noticed that in my country Esky parts are availible everywhere! Thats another thing you should check. Crashing a heli and no shop nearby for parts or parts that are sold out most of the time could ruin your day!

Atleast, that's one point Ive chosen for E-Sky. Have to get my first heli yet though orange58
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Experts advise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Experts advise   Experts advise I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Experts advise
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: Meet and Greet for new members :: General Chat - New Members Start Here-
Jump to: