RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

quality control

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chiefqm

chiefqm

quality control Empty
PostSubject: quality control   quality control I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:22 am

Question. Why is it that some guys get an Esky heli and it comes close to being correct right out of the box and other guys get one and they do every thing from flying apart to not having enough lift to get off the ground? orange78 This gets kind of scary when you are looking at upgrading, for example, to a CP V2. navy1
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

quality control Empty
PostSubject: Re: quality control   quality control I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:21 pm

Could it be the skill level of the person opening the box?

I understand it is critical to go thru set up even on a so called RTF heli. I know when I got my Belt CP, I didn't know enough to know if it was set up correctly or not.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

quality control Empty
PostSubject: Re: quality control   quality control I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:51 pm

Donnie D wrote:
Could it be the skill level of the person opening the box?

I understand it is critical to go thru set up even on a so called RTF heli. I know when I got my Belt CP, I didn't know enough to know if it was set up correctly or not.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

That is what I believe is the problem 8 out of 10 times
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

quality control Empty
PostSubject: Re: quality control   quality control I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi Guy's,

Just thought I would add to your comments. I agree with Nuttcaze and Donnie D. I am a total novice with Heli's and had no idea what to check and look for when I got mine noob. However, after finding Nuttcaze' website and vids, I learnt a lot and started to check over my new CP V2. The blade pitch was way out, which is probably why I couldn't get it off the ground! Also the swash plate was not level. The gyro needed adjusting too. The manual that came with the heli is not very clear or easy to understand to a newcomer like myself. Without people like yourselves I would still be polishing the floor of my conservatory with the training gear wondering why it won't take off orange6 So much for ready to fly out of the box!

So Hat's off to Nuttcaze and the rest of you guy's for sharing your knowledge and wisdom in the world of RC Heli's orange74
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

quality control Empty
PostSubject: Re: quality control   quality control I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 5:32 pm

Something else I have often wondered about. You read posts from people who crash the crap out of their helis, even post pics of helis that look like they have been run over by a truck, and then complain that the heli or a certain brand of heli is a piece of junk, because the parts break.

Go figure.

Donne D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

quality control Empty
PostSubject: Re: quality control   quality control I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 6:43 pm

I guess I suspected something along those lines, It's a shame that a company will claim that the product has been tested 4 times and things are still out of adjustment. Too bad they don't offer the birds in plastic baggies with clear instructions and then a would-be pilot would have to put the darn thing together and adjust things as they go. Might have a better success rate. Heck, a company could just pay Marc 7 figures and include his videos with the kit. Then there would be a lot better chance of happy customers in the field. orange44 navy1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

quality control Empty
PostSubject: Re: quality control   quality control I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

quality control
Page 1 of 1