RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

swapping receivers and transmitter.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rele22

swapping receivers and transmitter. Empty
PostSubject: swapping receivers and transmitter.   swapping receivers and transmitter. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 11:45 am

I bought the RAH-66 Coaxial, stupid newb mistake I forgot to chop the throttle on a crash, fried the receiver, instead of purchasing a new 2.4ghz receiver(most expensive part) I bought the Falcon 40 Fixed Pitch. Can I use the receiver from the falcon 40 and put it in the Rah-66 coaxial and use the falcon 40's controller?

I was stupid and went up a step when I couldn't even fly the coaxial, lol, but now since the receiver is sold out this is seemingly my only option. Plus the fact I am broke as hell.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by rele22 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: NOT STUPID!!   swapping receivers and transmitter. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:05 pm

This is NOT a stupid mistake, You have done good!!! I think!! DO NOT GO BACK NOW!!!
Go to RADDS flight school and follow it and you will be hoovering/flying after 10 battery packs!!!
Back to top Go down
rele22

PostSubject: Re: swapping receivers and transmitter.   swapping receivers and transmitter. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:13 pm

not sure I follow, are you saying to not even mess with the coaxial? and what's this Radd school?
Back to top Go down
4n6Days

4n6Days

PostSubject: Re: swapping receivers and transmitter.   swapping receivers and transmitter. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: NO NO   swapping receivers and transmitter. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:21 pm

The coax will be good to learn what the sticks do, and to have fun inside!! BUT, you have now reached the REAL heli point(IMO)!! So what I'm saying is follow RADDS plan and learn to fly your FP!! It will be easyer than you think!!
Back to top Go down
rele22

PostSubject: Re: swapping receivers and transmitter.   swapping receivers and transmitter. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:33 pm

Thanks. I like what I have read so far.

I purchased the falcon 40, sadly it came with a broken servo, received free replacement and broke the Rotor Head Core, so once I replace that I will definitely go the Radd way. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Cool   swapping receivers and transmitter. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:39 pm

Very Good Luck Too YOU!!! BUT you must stick with it and DO NOT rush ahead!!
Also get a couple extra batterys... You will be glad you did!! Nothin sucks more than having something "CLICK" and you don't have another battery!!
Back to top Go down
rele22

PostSubject: Re: swapping receivers and transmitter.   swapping receivers and transmitter. I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 3:06 pm

I do have a few batteries. So I should be good that way. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: swapping receivers and transmitter.   swapping receivers and transmitter. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

swapping receivers and transmitter.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: Meet and Greet for new members :: General Chat - New Members Start Here-
Jump to: