RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

6 CH Transmitter USB Cable

Go down 
+2
Nuttcaze
gizmo8500
6 posters
AuthorMessage
gizmo8500

6 CH Transmitter USB Cable Empty
PostSubject: 6 CH Transmitter USB Cable   6 CH Transmitter USB Cable I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Hi, I have the 6CH transmitter/receiver that is in the product guides section of the main site. What I don't have is the USB cable for programming the transmitter. I have looked everywhere and can't find where I can purchase one. I tried using the ESKY honeybee FP USB cable, but found that won't work and after digging found it has to be a 6CH cable, and the 4CH heli USB-Serial cables won't work.

Does anyone know where I can find this cable as I desperately need to program this thing? Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: 6 CH Transmitter USB Cable   6 CH Transmitter USB Cable I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 1:10 am

I'm pretty sure the 6ch Tx won't work for the sim, I think orange78
Back to top Go down
flagmax

PostSubject: Re: 6 CH Transmitter USB Cable   6 CH Transmitter USB Cable I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:34 am

That's very interesting as I though all esky usb cables were the same for 4 and 6 channel receivers. I used both with 4 channel radio without problems.

Now the transmitter you are talking about is the 2.4ghz Exceed RC $ 50 computer programmable. That Cable looks similar but not sure if the esky will work for you.

Esky calls its cables "softdog". I tried to find a replacement cable but no luck.

Hope someone else can help you.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: 6 CH Transmitter USB Cable   6 CH Transmitter USB Cable I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:49 am

This is the cable I used to use for my old HBFP Tx

http://www.ka-planes.com/inc/sdetail/714

6 CH Transmitter USB Cable FMS-70SIM
Back to top Go down
gizmo8500

PostSubject: Re: 6 CH Transmitter USB Cable   6 CH Transmitter USB Cable I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 4:28 pm

I don't really even care if the exceed 6ch will work with the sim, I just need to be able to program it. The 4ch esky cable def doesn't work with the exceed. When I open the programming software the only choice is COM1 and it doesn't pick up the stick movements on that port. I followed all the directions in your video nuttcaze and tried it on 3 different machines, one with XP, and 2 others with windows 7 with no luck. I'm confident after googling about this that there is a difference between the cable the exceed remote comes with and what comes with the ESKY transmitters.
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: 6 CH Transmitter USB Cable   6 CH Transmitter USB Cable I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 3:57 am

I'll try using my ESky cable with my Exceed Tx in the morning, see what I can figure out because they sure do look almost the same
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: 6 CH Transmitter USB Cable   6 CH Transmitter USB Cable I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 8:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: 6 CH Transmitter USB Cable   6 CH Transmitter USB Cable I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 11:33 am

I had looked at my cables and they're the same for the Exceed one and the ESky one, only difference is the Exceed cord has a small little box clipped to the cord, other then that they're the same
Back to top Go down
gizmo8500

PostSubject: Re: 6 CH Transmitter USB Cable   6 CH Transmitter USB Cable I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 9:07 pm

Nice find P3tras...Its possible I got an old ESKY cable, and the newer ones are different. It is also possible my troubles aren't from the cable but somewhere in the setup with the computer. Someone is mailing me an exceed cord this week so I should find out the final answer soon enough. Thanks guys for your help! I'll post my results
Back to top Go down
calin1982

PostSubject: about that usb cablefor 6 ch   6 CH Transmitter USB Cable I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 9:37 pm

is possible to make one? for 6ch transm.? i do have the belt cp and in the back of the remote i have a hole( it' s look like a S-video ).
can anyoane know how to make one cable?
tnx
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

PostSubject: Re: 6 CH Transmitter USB Cable   6 CH Transmitter USB Cable I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 3:14 pm

Just make simple S video to mini jack cable and use SmartPropoPlus program. Read here
Back to top Go down
jackyl71

jackyl71

PostSubject: Re: 6 CH Transmitter USB Cable   6 CH Transmitter USB Cable I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 9:47 am

Yeah, it isn't that hard to make the cable. I used an old s-video cable to make mine. The only problem to overcome was that the 'ground', which is the metal band surrounding the pins is not physically connected to a wire or the shielding in any of the cables that I had laying around. Not a hard fix, just a pain to mess with. If you use all new components from Radio Shak or wherever, won't even be a concern.

Like P3tras says, use SmartPropoPlus to simulate the controller as a joystick in Windows, and you are good for the sims. (Don't forget to flip the DIP switches under the batteries, too).

However I don't know if this type of cable is sufficient to act as a programmer for the comp controllers (kinda doubt it).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6 CH Transmitter USB Cable   6 CH Transmitter USB Cable I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

6 CH Transmitter USB Cable
Page 1 of 1