RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Esky HBFP improvement parts

Go down 
+3
Nuttcaze
Donnie D
morvious
7 posters
AuthorMessage
morvious

Esky HBFP improvement parts Empty
PostSubject: Esky HBFP improvement parts   Esky HBFP improvement parts I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:38 am

Hey Guys,

I am going to get the Esky HBFP Lipo helicopter soon and I would like to ask what you think of parts I need to get with this helicopter!

Already have the training gear on the "need to have" list, but are there (other the spare parts that will eventually break off) parts to buy to improve the performance of this helicopter?

Like stronger batteries, lighter frames etc.
(Ive seen some in https://myrcguidesforum.forumotion.net/4ch-fp-and-co-axial-helicopters-f7/hbfp-mods-t129.htm) but they are not in the shop I will get this heli from.

PS* Are heatsinks needed? They sell them seperatly.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Esky HBFP improvement parts   Esky HBFP improvement parts I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:38 am

I do recommend heat sinks.
View this vid for parts info and view the rest of Nutcaze vids as well.
https://myrcguidesforum.forumotion.net/4ch-fp-and-co-axial-helicopters-f7/e_sky-honeybee-fixed-pitch-guide-t12.htm

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esky HBFP improvement parts   Esky HBFP improvement parts I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:51 am

I kinda hate to suggest this but if you could wait till the new HBFP V2 came out, you'd never have to worry about braking the frame or skids, they're super tough but I'm not sure when it actually comes out for sale
Back to top Go down
morvious

PostSubject: Re: Esky HBFP improvement parts   Esky HBFP improvement parts I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:07 pm

Nuttcaze wrote:
I kinda hate to suggest this but if you could wait till the new HBFP V2 came out, you'd never have to worry about braking the frame or skids, they're super tough but I'm not sure when it actually comes out for sale

Ive asked the official reseller when they expect to get the V2, still nothing back. (Even no answere that they don't know either, nothing) Maybe they never heard from it orange3
In the mean time I can train with the V1 if the V2 takes another few months. Then I will swap to the V2, my girlfriend can get the V1 then ;-)

Thanks Donnie, will get them to!
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

PostSubject: Re: Esky HBFP improvement parts   Esky HBFP improvement parts I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 1:44 pm

sounds like a good idea, get her hooked and you'll never have to explain why you need to spend soo much on this hobby

addictive hobby

orange74
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

HITMAN808

PostSubject: Re: Esky HBFP improvement parts   Esky HBFP improvement parts I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:16 pm

[quote="morvious"]Hey Guys,

I am going to get the Esky HBFP Lipo helicopter soon and I would like to ask what you think of parts I need to get with this helicopter!

Hi,

I just got my HBFP last week and have been practicing on it ever since. I must have crashed...I mean HARD crashes about 15 times.

The things that broke is:
1. skids (used gorilla glue, thread and a small toothpick to make a "splint"...now it's all "G")
2. small ball on the Outer Paddle Control Frame (could not fix...replaced with new one)
3. flybar (replaced with new one)
4. Canopy cracked in the front "nose" (put scotch tape on it)
5. Training gear ( same as skids)

I purchased everything that Nuttz recommended and a few extra like heat sinks and motors. When they said this heli is a tank, it really is. I'm sure I'll be breaking different parts as time goes by but if you get what Nuttz recommends you'll be ok.

GET EXTRA BATTERIES!!!! This hobby is addicting and when you have only 1 battery it sucks to have to wait for it to charge. I ordered 3 900mAh from Dealextreme and it just arrived today so I'm excited.

My plan is to fly the HBFP until no tape, bondo or toothpicks can hold it together. Then when I get good enough and don't crash, I'll purchase the V2 and transfer my electronics over. (if available) If you have a "pretty" Heli and just learning, you might be hesitant to fly it cause you won't want to crash...just my opinion

Aloha,
<'//<
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: Esky HBFP improvement parts   Esky HBFP improvement parts I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:15 pm

Everyome hates to crash, but on the bright side, everytime you do you will learn more about repairing and set up.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
morvious

PostSubject: Re: Esky HBFP improvement parts   Esky HBFP improvement parts I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 3:16 am

I will look for extra batteries to.
Thanks!

PS. She already is a little addicted.
She flies with the Silverlit and the Esky flightsimulator already and when she crashes she whon't let me fly! orange74
Back to top Go down
morvious

PostSubject: Re: Esky HBFP improvement parts   Esky HBFP improvement parts I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 5:15 am

The shop is giving me some options about extra batteries.

Stock on is a 7,4V 800mAh, but not availible as extra part.
When I order extra batteries they deliver a 8,4V 650mHa one.

Also I have the option to select a 11,1V batterie, but is that not going to blow up the electric parts on the HBFP Lipo version? They tell me the Lipo can handle 11,1 V though.

Which option is the best?

Thanks

PS* Thanks for the signature!
Back to top Go down
chiefqm

chiefqm

PostSubject: Re: Esky HBFP improvement parts   Esky HBFP improvement parts I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:30 am

Hey Morvious, Welcome to the Forum. First off you need to learn a little about batteries. There are two types of batt's that concern us. there are the tube looking ones, like you put in a flash light, they come bundled together in a pack and are HEAVY. They have 1.2 volts per cell and are refered to as nicads. The prefered type for our purposes is the lipo type battery. It is made up of rectangular shaped cells of 3.74 volts per cell. Your HB came with a 2 cell (2c) pack which is 7.4 volts. The mAh rating is like the gas tank on your car the higher the number the farther (longer) you can fly. Lipos can be dangerous so you need to find the list of dos and don'ts and pay attention to it!!!
In my opinion I would stick to the 2c (7.4v) packs for the HB (although the new "Bee" is coming out with 11.1v batts,(3c)). If you seriously think you will get the new HB V2 you may only want 1 or 2 additional batts. The 7.4's and the 11.1's should both charge off the charger that came with your HB, as will the 8.4v pack. If you switch between the 7.4 and the 8.4 you will have to adjust your CG every time you change batts.
There are many online sites where you can get any size battery you want, such as X-heli .com.
Hope this helps. Good luck and look up nuttcaze's web site, lots of good info on the "Bee". navy1
Back to top Go down
Fatdaddy

Fatdaddy

PostSubject: Pretty Bird!!   Esky HBFP improvement parts I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:55 am

YES Having pretty helis def. can make you hesiatant or reluctant to do too much for fear of crashing!! BUT you just got to do it!!! I started on a HBK2 and really learned a lot about how a RCHeli works !!LOL But now I have a fleet of very nice helis that up until a couple weeks ago made me OVER careful but I decided I can fix anything so I just went out and flew!!! If you use that mind set you can do it.!!! I would never give up my SWEET helis and fly "Other" helis at this point!!! They look so nice in the air!!!
Back to top Go down
morvious

PostSubject: Re: Esky HBFP improvement parts   Esky HBFP improvement parts I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:24 pm

chiefqm wrote:

It helped.
I will have a look at the other stores what they have in stock to!
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: Esky HBFP improvement parts   Esky HBFP improvement parts I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 4:16 pm

Quote :
If you have a "pretty" Heli and just learning, you might be hesitant to fly it cause you won't want to crash...just my opinion

totally agree with that,i have an old canopy that`s been cracked a few times that i put on if i`m trying a new "dangerous maneuver" orange73
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Esky HBFP improvement parts   Esky HBFP improvement parts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Esky HBFP improvement parts
Page 1 of 1