RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Better Parts

Go down 
+4
pinguin6218
Nuttcaze
P3tras
Brute
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Brute

Better Parts Empty
PostSubject: Better Parts   Better Parts I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:18 pm

I was wondering what you guys suggest for motors and servo's.
I have a HBFP and I have gone threw 3 main rotor motors, 3 tail rotor motors and about 4 servo's since January.
This is a real hassle because evry time I want to fly I end up with something wrong, not to mention it gets exspensive.
Is there anything out there that last?
Bruce
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Better Parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better Parts   Better Parts I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 6:34 pm

I don't recommend buying expensive servos for hb. Do't forget that you can just order servo gears and will be alot cheaper than buying new servos. You can also try these servos They are cheap and direct fit. But if you replace esky servos with different ones replace all of them. And about motor. It will be hard to find motor that can last longer than stock motor. Opportunity is brushless motor, but it will be alot of work and expensive to install them on honey bee orange3
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Better Parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better Parts   Better Parts I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 8:43 pm

I don't know of a good replacement motor or tail motor but for servos you should look into something like these Hi-Tech HS-55 ($13.99) servos or other 8/9g servos.

Better Parts HS-55

Since you only live right down the street from me orange72 HeliDirect will be the closest and fastest place to order parts from but doesn't Horseheads have a good hobbyshop? If so they will prob carry these servos

http://www.helidirect.com/hs55-hitec-feather-standard-servo-p-427.hdx
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

pinguin6218

Better Parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better Parts   Better Parts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 11:22 am

Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Better Parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better Parts   Better Parts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 12:01 pm

Extreme motor and DD tail may have more power, but I don't think that it will last longer than original motors orange69
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Better Parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better Parts   Better Parts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 2:40 pm

the only reason I won't recommend the Extreme 380 motor is because soo many people have blown their 4in1's using that motor.
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

Better Parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better Parts   Better Parts I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 5:04 pm

every time i see or hear about the Extreme 380 it makes me so
redface redface redface
Back to top Go down
garytash

garytash

Better Parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better Parts   Better Parts I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 12:58 am

Does anyone know where I can get some canopy grommets for my belt co v2?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Better Parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better Parts   Better Parts I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 5:42 am

pm me your address, I have a pair for you
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Better Parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better Parts   Better Parts I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:22 am

Also I found the very same grommets that fit the E-Smart at Ace Hardware the other day. Not sure if they had ones for the Belt CP, but I'll check.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Mozzy

Mozzy

Better Parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better Parts   Better Parts I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 3:21 pm

The 380 Xtreme motor is very sensitive to the resistence/load it gets from the HBFP.
A damaged teeth on the main gear caused the 7.5 Amp fuse I have installed to burn, shortly after lift off.

I ‘ve been using the Xtreme 380 motor for some time now, and I am quit pleased with it. My setup is an HBFP with super skids, Xtreme carbon blades and an 11.1V 1500mA lipo.
I will lift and fly nicely with the stock motor, but the Xtreme motor makes it really powerful. Actually a bit to much power for such a light weight heli (or my piloting skills orange78 ). It hovers before mid stick. So in my DX6i I made a throttle curve of 0, 25, 45, 65, 80.

For now this flies awesome! orange71 In the future I may increase the power.
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

Donnie D

Better Parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better Parts   Better Parts I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 4:10 pm

Donnie D wrote:
Also I found the very same grommets that fit the E-Smart at Ace Hardware the other day. Not sure if they had ones for the Belt CP, but I'll check.

Donnie D smiley-happy088

I checked today and Ace hardware does have the same grommets that fit the E-Smart for 29 cents each. I got 6 of them. Don't know if that is a good price for them or not. Havent checked the online prices. They didn,t have the ones small enough to fit the Belt CP or the HBFP, but I'm gonna keep looking around.

Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Better Parts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Better Parts   Better Parts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Better Parts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 4ch FP and Co-Axial Helicopters-
Jump to: