HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Share | 

HELP ON HB FP

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pinguin6218

PostSubject: HELP ON HB FP   Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:10 am

Last week I hit a pole with my HB FP at a moderate speed. Broken fly bar and paddle control. After some repair I made a test hover. The heli hover for only +/- 3 minutes at 50+ cm hight. After that it drops to around 20-30 cm, just like when the battery is low.

Then I try with another battery, the result is the same. So I thought, because of the crash, the motor going bad. I change with a new motor. This time, it only fly for around 5-6 minutes. It's not normal for my, because usually it can fly for at least 10 minutes at 50+ cm high.

I try to increase and decrease the blade pitch. Nothing change.

When I turn the blade with my hand, it spin freely. It doesn't seems anything is causing and extra friction.
I don't disasemble the shaft, but the shaft look straight.

Any possibility that the 4in1 doesn't give enought power to the motor? Because this unit is expensive, probably this is the last one to change.

Any idea what causing this problem?
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin

PostSubject: Re: HELP ON HB FP   Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:07 am

I don't think it'd be the 4in1, someone else just had this same kind of problem and it really did turn out to be all the batteries he was using. Do you have any way of trying a 3rd battery pack?

PostSubject: Re: HELP ON HB FP   Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:20 am

Maybe it is not set up properly? Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
Donnie D

PostSubject: Re: HELP ON HB FP   Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:38 am

From my experience, I'm pretty sure it is not battery or motor. 9 times out of 10 that problem is a simple set up or adjustment problem, or a damaged part that you have missed. The HBFP is a simple heli to repair, but diagnosing the trouble can be very difficult sometimes because it doesn't take much to cause a problem, and sometimes you may have 2 or 3 things just slightly out of adjustment that compound each other to cause the problem.
The best way is to just start at the top of the head and go thru everything and make sure every part is undamaged and in proper adjustment.
Some very critical things are the flybar and the flybar paddles. Also make sure there is no damage to center hub. Sometimes they will crack and not completely snap off, so you must examine it very carefully.
It takes a bit of time but you will get better the more times you do it.
Look thru the 4 Ch forum posts and read thru them. There have been a lot of posts about this that will help you.

Good luck,
Donnie D smiley-happy088
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

PostSubject: Re: HELP ON HB FP   Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:31 pm

i had something similar happen to me last week regarding flight times
all i did was take the whole head apart and re-assemble it again
there seemed to be nothing at all wrong but after doing this my hbfp miraculously regained it`s flying capabilities Crazysmile
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

PostSubject: Re: HELP ON HB FP   Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:58 am

I have my flybar rod change, measure to make sure left and right are equal lenght.
Have the blade change and balance very carefully.
Put some oil on the bearing.
Check the main gear. Take out the shaft just to check.

But nothing happen!
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

PostSubject: Re: HELP ON HB FP   Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:44 pm

pinguin6218 wrote:
After that it drops to around 20-30 cm, just like when the battery is low.

I try to increase and decrease the blade pitch. Nothing change.

I experienced that problem and thought it was the battery or motor also. The problem was, when I adjusted the pitch on the main blades, I didn't check to see if it was TRACKING PROPERLY. Once it was tracking properly, HBFP was back to normal.

I took notice the stock blades are really soft and I had to bend them a lot (almost in half) to get it to stay put. Just make sure you hold the rotor head so you don't break it.

Good luck

<'///<
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

PostSubject: Re: HELP ON HB FP   Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:03 pm

Yeah, I think the problem is on the blade. But the blade setup is very very tricky.

I try to balance very carefully, but still doesn't work.
I try any possibilities to balance and track the blade, but still doesn't give a good result.

To check the heli, I hold the heli. At half throttle the blade looks fine. The tracking is good. But when I push more to 3/4, the heli vibrate badly. But if I put the heli on the ground and spin it, it fly OK, but doesn't give so much flying time like it used to.

During flight, I think the pitch keep changing, because it can go up and down by itself without any stick throttle movement.

So, I still working on the blade
Back to top Go down
HITMAN808

PostSubject: Re: HELP ON HB FP   Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:45 pm

pinguin6218 wrote:

To check the heli, I hold the heli. At half throttle the blade looks fine. The tracking is good. But when I push more to 3/4, the heli vibrate badly.

Hold the Heli by the skids...be careful to not have any body parts in the way then slowly push it to full throttle. As you approach full throttle, you will be able to see if the tracking is off. If you haven't done already, put white out on one blade tip so you can see which one is higher or lower.

The vibration might be caused by your blades not being aligned straight. Make sure your blades are semi loose. (checkout Nuttz video on that)

If you balanced your blades already, I would say it's fair to rule that problem out. (did you balance it the way Nutt suggested..or similar to that way?)
Back to top Go down
pinguin6218

PostSubject: Re: HELP ON HB FP   Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:39 pm

I did alot of thing on this heli, until I am not sure which one cure the heli. Now my heli is alive again.

I even bought the Xtreme wooden blade 8'. the blade it self is very good. Low noise and track very well, but it won't lift off. The heli only fly at 10-15 cm high. I guess this blade only good for Xtreme motor. Actually I wanted the carbon fiber one, but the seller has no stock.

One thing I notice is my main gear a bit wobble. At certain speed it touches the frame. I guess this make a lot of friction and reduce the head speed. So I put a ring in between to make some space.

Knowledge doesn't come cheap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HELP ON HB FP   

Back to top Go down

HELP ON HB FP
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RC Guides Forums :: RC Helicopters :: 4ch FP and Co-Axial Helicopters-
Jump to: