RC Guides Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for all things Radio Controlled

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Come sign up on the new forum ----- www.myrcguide.com

Newbie in the UK

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

Newbie in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Newbie in the UK   Newbie in the UK I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:10 am

Hi All,

Just starting out in the world of helis, in my younger days I flew fix wing but I always fancied having a go at helis, they were just out of my price bracket. orange6

I was unsure as to what to get and was thinking of getting the Thunder Tiger E325 until I saw the Esky Belt CP V2, again I was all set to get that until I found this site and all the videos having been done on the Honey Bee. Superb by the way, very informative. Looking forward to the beginners guides for the Honey Bee V2. orange74

I have now fully made up my mind with a lot of research all backed up by this site that the Honey Bee FP will be the best trainer for me. I Don't have anywhere indoors to fly which is a shame, but I shall manage!

In the meantime I have been using a flight sim called RC Heli Master by Reality Craft, which seems OK, but there is no Esky model which is annoying and I have not been able to find any additional download model for it which would have helped, anybody else use this sim or know of any downloads for the Esky model for it? Any impressions on how accurate the flight model is? I can hover quite happily now after a couple of days so not sure if I have picked it up quick or it's not very accurate (probably the latter!). orange78

I am getting the HBFP V2 probably from RC711 (just waiting for pay day at the end of the month!) with regards spares if I start stocking up will the spares that are out now be OK or will I have to wait to get V2 spares? Not 100% sure but think V1 spares will be fine. Like the green version but seems they do not do it, or I am not looking hard enough!

Anyway sorry for rambling.

Looking forward to my first flight.

DC
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Newbie in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the UK   Newbie in the UK I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:16 am

welcome sign to the forum!!! Most parts from honey bee V1 will work on v2.
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

Newbie in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the UK   Newbie in the UK I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 9:22 am

Thanks P3,

A couple of questions I forgot to ask, would you get a brushless motor for the HBFP V2 or stick with the standard 1?

What is the recommended Mah battery as a 2nd pack you guys would use?

So many questions!! Crazysmile

DC
Back to top Go down
--==AxeL==--

--==AxeL==--

Newbie in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the UK   Newbie in the UK I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 7:16 pm

welcome sign

I'm total novice with the Heli's too! All I can say is practice with sim lot's and avoid, at all costs 'PEAR TREE'S!' orange71 See my previous post orange4 https://myrcguidesforum.forumotion.net/general-chat-new-members-start-here-f21/concentration-t912.htm

The info and help from the Guy's here is superb orange74
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

Newbie in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the UK   Newbie in the UK I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 7:30 pm

No pear trees in sight thankfully orange68
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

Newbie in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the UK   Newbie in the UK I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 4:14 pm

[quote="Pittnuma]Like the green version but seems they do not do it, or I am not looking hard enough![/quote]

hey pittnuma,
here`s a link for the green version you`re after
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3403
it`s from a company in hk,i ordered parts from them on sunday evening and i had them in my hand Friday morning!
5 days from hk to the uk,amazing orange74
if you decide to buy from here i was given this code after i ordered for 10% off my next purchase.
just enter this code `summer-sale`,it might work for you too orange58
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Newbie in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the UK   Newbie in the UK I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 4:59 pm

Pittnuma wrote:
Thanks P3,

A couple of questions I forgot to ask, would you get a brushless motor for the HBFP V2 or stick with the standard 1?

What is the recommended Mah battery as a 2nd pack you guys would use?

So many questions!! Crazysmile

DC

I think you should to stick with original motor. It have more power than you will need in your learning process orange6 And I don't know about the battery. For honey bee fp1 I would recommend mystery 7.4V 900mah batteries from www.dealextreme.com They are very cheap and good orange74 But I think you will have bad center of gravity with them on V2 orange83
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

Newbie in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the UK   Newbie in the UK I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 5:20 pm

247rememberme wrote:
hey pittnuma,
here`s a link for the green version you`re after
http://www.miracle-mart.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3403
it`s from a company in hk,i ordered parts from them on sunday evening and i had them in my hand Friday morning!
5 days from hk to the uk,amazing orange74
if you decide to buy from here i was given this code after i ordered for 10% off my next purchase.
just enter this code `summer-sale`,it might work for you too orange58

Many thanks 247rememberme, I am ordering a week on Thursday (pay day!), I shall give it a whirl, appreciated. orange74
By the way did you get stung for the royalmail £8 charge?

p3tras wrote:
I think you should to stick with original motor. It have more power than you will need in your learning process And I don't know about the battery. For honey bee fp1 I would recommend mystery 7.4V 900mah batteries from www.dealextreme.com They are very cheap and good But I think you will have bad center of gravity with them on V2

Many thanks I shall get a spare esky std motor, just need to look into the battery for the spare.
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

Newbie in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the UK   Newbie in the UK I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 5:23 pm

Pittnuma wrote:
By the way did you get stung for the royalmail £8 charge?
i didn`t have to pay royal mail anything.i`ve never heard of that before,why do they charge £8?
i just paid the postage costs to miracle-mart and the package was delivered ok.
hope that helps orange74
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

Newbie in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the UK   Newbie in the UK I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 4:11 am

247rememberme wrote:
i didn`t have to pay royal mail anything.i`ve never heard of that before,why do they charge £8?
i just paid the postage costs to miracle-mart and the package was delivered ok.
hope that helps orange74

If you are receiving a package from overseas (apart from another EU Country), please be aware that it may incur customs charges. Any package assessed by HM Revenue and Customs as being liable for Customs charges will also incur a Royal Mail handling fee of £8. censored

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=400044&mediaId=400362

sad122

Presume your package was under £18, that way it does not attract a charge.

Pitt
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Newbie in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the UK   Newbie in the UK I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 10:39 am

Don't worry. Miracle-mart and most of the others stores in HK writes a really low value on the parcel, so you won't need to pay taxes (in most cases). Even my belt cp V2 arrived from HK without any taxes orange71
Back to top Go down
Nuttcaze
Admin
Nuttcaze

Newbie in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the UK   Newbie in the UK I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 1:20 pm

hobbycity does the same thing when it sends stuff to the US, they write a lower value on the package because its less likely to be snagged by customs for inspection, which ads another 1-2 weeks, they did that too me before, got my package all taped to hell
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

Newbie in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the UK   Newbie in the UK I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:40 pm

Pittnuma wrote:
Presume your package was under £18, that way it does not attract a charge.
my package was for about £25 but every time i`ve bought from s.e.asia they have labelled the package as a gift. orange6
i even bought a heli from there and paid no more charges to royal mail orange74
maybe i`ve just been lucky orange71
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

Newbie in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the UK   Newbie in the UK I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 3:43 pm

the new `Bee` arrived in the u.k today
http://www.heliguy.com/Electric-RC-Helicopters/HoneyBee/Honey-Bee-V2/
looks like there`s only red at the moment tho`,£99 orange58
Back to top Go down
Pittnuma

Pittnuma

Newbie in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the UK   Newbie in the UK I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 2:23 am

Good spot orange74

£99.99 + extra £15 for the Ghz version, they are really milking it though!

Think I shall still get it from abroad still (I don't mind the wait, I have waited long enough an extra week or so does not matter), the heli, tax & shipping still works out cheaper than if I buy it from the UK!

Annoys me how expensive a lot of stuff is in the UK. orange43

Week today and the order is being placed!!

Got myself a cheap Venom2 (£30) to practice on in the meantime orange68
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

Newbie in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the UK   Newbie in the UK I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:29 pm

Pittnuma wrote:
Annoys me how expensive a lot of stuff is in the UK. orange43
same here redface
definitely more expensive,maybe because there`s not as much competition orange83
Back to top Go down
P3tras

P3tras

Newbie in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the UK   Newbie in the UK I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 3:33 pm

In Lithuania stuff is even more expensive than in UK sad122 It's why I always order from Hong Kong (sometimes from UK too Wink ) And many people here gets less than 1000lt a month which is 250pounds or 400$ Life ain't easy here orange83
Back to top Go down
247rememberme

247rememberme

Newbie in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the UK   Newbie in the UK I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 4:15 pm

it`s not just what i earn that is the problem.
it`s also about my wife and kids SCAMMING my money orange73
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Newbie in the UK Empty
PostSubject: Re: Newbie in the UK   Newbie in the UK I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Newbie in the UK
Page 1 of 1